****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

draft chart says we should have got their 5th rounder but we got the 6th. meh

Wow that sucks! Who’s minding the store???

4 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Don’t really understand the desire to move back when you have three picks in the round.  Really head scratching.  For a 6th round pick no less.  

I think JD got too cute there. We shall see how it plays out

4 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Don’t you think he’s already done the Packers GM enough favors?

Exactly. He should have tried to extract a pound of flesh here. It’s like the packers gm has some weird mind control over him 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

They have two fifth round picks, really should’ve gotten one of them. I don’t get this trade, either. 

I suspect JD will package the later picks to move back up at some point.

I think there are a few reasons you trade back.  First, I think there has to be several players that you like equally, or you don't do in the first place.  Also, sixth round picks are kind of like raffle tickets.  If you have a few of them, your chances of hitting on one of them are greater.  I also think some of it is relationship building with other GMs.  You do another GM a solid and at some point you call in the favor

• Upvote 3

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

There might be a handshake deal where the Jets get the better of the Packers in a future trade. Other than that, I don't get why you would want to make a trade where you lose on the trade value. The team trading up usually overpays on the value chart. I'm scratching my shiny bald head. 

Especially since the packers had 2 fifth rounders that would have been almost exact value. Only way it makes sense is if JD was asking to trade out and just took the best offer. That very well could have been the case.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

It's been destroyed. Absolutely obliterated by money and international bullsh*t.

Following everything else they’ve done to ruin the nfl 

• Upvote 1