Giants reveal throwback uniforms

52 minutes ago, TBJ said:

image.png.5c82e733e326535948f44311b0db249d.png

Woman I worked with was next door neighbors with The Rocket in Florida. Didn't immediately know who he was, simply thought he was kindly old French Canadian who was a green thumb gardener.

If the Giants want to honor their history, probably something like this would be better; Albert Bloziz, killed in WW2. Memorial Day salute to Giants' Al Blozis, NFLers who died serving in U ...

• Upvote 3

I get that teams that use those tan colored pants are just trying to be authentic but those absolutely ruin some of these very old throwbacks.  The top itself is meh, but with those ugly pants it makes the set hideous.

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

ewwwww - those are atrocious

However, their 80s uniforms are fantastic. They should stick with those. 

This.

With that said, they're SO truly atrocious, they're almost good in a funny-ugly-retro-as-hell kinda way.

Reminds me of Pittsbughs retro uni's, similarly horrific-but-maybe-fun-lols-for-a-game:

R.188c3d09cf7fb7ab23128a73f4fba241?rik=a

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

For ugliest uni in NFL history.... my vote goes to the Bears

Top 10: Ugly uniforms

4 hours ago, jetfan40yrs said:

Do you mean Steelers?

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I go with the Steelers 

That can't be the Bears or the Steelers.  That has to be a defunct team called the bumblebees.  It just has to be.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Giants reveal throwback uniforms for 100th anniversary, one year after bringing back popular 80s uniforms

After unveiling throwback uniforms last season, the New York Giants added yet another new classic into the rotation for the franchise's 100th season. New York revealed a "Century Red" throwback uniform, that will be worn for select home games in 2024. 

The "Century Red" uniform will be worn up to two games in 2024. The jersey is divided by a thick blue stripe underneath white numbers and tan pants paired with red and blue striped socks. The jersey dates back to 1933, when the Giants made the first NFLChampionship Game, while the pants date back to 1925 when the Giants were purchased by Tim Mara for $500. New York will wear the winged helmet used from 1937 to 1947, including the Giants' 1938 championship season. The uniform will have the "100 seasons" commemorative patch. 

New York's current home and road uniforms are based on throwback jerseys. The blue home jerseys were a modernized version of the Giants' design used in the 1950s when the team debuted them in 2000, as the franchise switched back to the lowercase "Ny" logo worn until 1979. The white road jerseys are also based off the team's design used in the 1950s when they debuted them in 2005, having red numbers and red striped sleeves. What makes the "Century Red" uniforms interesting is how they debuted a year after the Giants introduced a popular throwback jersey from the 1980s-1990s. The Giants wore the "Legacy Blue" uniform, worn from 1980-1999, twice in the 2022 and 2023 seasons. New York wore the white "Color Rush" throwbacks since the 2016 season, wearing the uniform at least once per season. 

New York changed its "Color Rush" uniform in 2023, thanks to the lifting of the "one-shell rule," wearing the throwback dark blue helmet (worn with the "Legacy Blue" jerseys) with the uniform.  The Giants have not announced which uniform the 'Century Red" will replace for 2024. 

Wow, these are hideous!

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Man, How many teams wore the Princeton helmet at some time in their history? 

Is that what the design is called?  I was going to say someone at Giants headquarters was looking through old photos after Michigan won the championship and said, "Hey, we used to have crazy hats like that, except they were leather.  Lets steal the Michigan helmet style to sell merch."

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

This.

With that said, they're SO truly atrocious, they're almost good in a funny-ugly-retro-as-hell kinda way.

Reminds me of Pittsbughs retro uni's, similarly horrific-but-maybe-fun-lols-for-a-game:

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

Take a look back at a century of Chicago Bears uniforms, including 97 years  of orange and blue (and 3 of red and gold) – Chicago Tribune

them too. Bears:

Not gonna lie, I think these types of throwbacks are the most fun. Not attractive, but fun.

For the jints, the comparison to the Canadiens is the funniest. My first thought was that they looked like all-star game uniforms. I don’t hate them, either. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Origen said:

Is that what the design is called?  I was going to say someone at Giants headquarters was looking through old photos after Michigan won the championship and said, "Hey, we used to have crazy hats like that, except they were leather.  Lets steal the Michigan helmet style to sell merch."

Princeton had it first, then their coach went to Michigan and brought the design with him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

This.

I actually like these and the old school "Acme" Packers unis.

They have a classic feel.

The Giants "100 year" throwbacks are an eyesore.

Nobody who was alive 100 years ago is still breathing and can remember the Giants jerseys  🤣

On 5/16/2024 at 12:59 PM, Jet Nut said:

Giants reveal throwback uniforms for 100th anniversary, one year after bringing back popular 80s uniforms

After unveiling throwback uniforms last season, the New York Giants added yet another new classic into the rotation for the franchise's 100th season. New York revealed a "Century Red" throwback uniform, that will be worn for select home games in 2024. 

The "Century Red" uniform will be worn up to two games in 2024. The jersey is divided by a thick blue stripe underneath white numbers and tan pants paired with red and blue striped socks. The jersey dates back to 1933, when the Giants made the first NFLChampionship Game, while the pants date back to 1925 when the Giants were purchased by Tim Mara for $500. New York will wear the winged helmet used from 1937 to 1947, including the Giants' 1938 championship season. The uniform will have the "100 seasons" commemorative patch. 

New York's current home and road uniforms are based on throwback jerseys. The blue home jerseys were a modernized version of the Giants' design used in the 1950s when the team debuted them in 2000, as the franchise switched back to the lowercase "Ny" logo worn until 1979. The white road jerseys are also based off the team's design used in the 1950s when they debuted them in 2005, having red numbers and red striped sleeves. What makes the "Century Red" uniforms interesting is how they debuted a year after the Giants introduced a popular throwback jersey from the 1980s-1990s. The Giants wore the "Legacy Blue" uniform, worn from 1980-1999, twice in the 2022 and 2023 seasons. New York wore the white "Color Rush" throwbacks since the 2016 season, wearing the uniform at least once per season. 

New York changed its "Color Rush" uniform in 2023, thanks to the lifting of the "one-shell rule," wearing the throwback dark blue helmet (worn with the "Legacy Blue" jerseys) with the uniform.  The Giants have not announced which uniform the 'Century Red" will replace for 2024. 

Wow, these are hideous!

PUTRID

• Upvote 1