Rodgers or Eli

Aarron Rodgers or Eli Manning  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Please read my post below before voting

6 hours ago, doitny said:

Rodgers record was 148-75-1 66%

Eli record was 117-117 50%

Rodgers made the playoffs 11 out of 13 years. not counting the 3 years where he played 7 and 9 games and last year. 

Eli made the playoffs 6 out of 14 years. not counting 2 years where he played 7 and 4 games.

Rodgers 21 playoff games.

Eli 12 playoff games.

Rodgers 1 SB , Eli 2 SBs.

so what im asking is we all know Rodgers is way better but would you want..... 

Rodgers on the Jets wining 148 games 66% 11 playoff year and just 1 SB or....

Eli winning 50% 6 playoff years and 2 SBs?

i have never witness a Jets SB but im guessing that a SB win gets pretty old quick when your suffering 6-10 seasons the next couple of years as opposed to win 10 or more games almost every year.

i pick Rodgers and 1 SB

If you're asking which QB I'd take for their next season at any point in their careers, it's Rodgers. If you're asking which outcome I'd prefer, it's Eli. Championships are more enjoyable than continually falling just short

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Rodgers over Eli in a heartbeat.  And yes... I'd sure like 2 championships more than one, but Rodgers is by far the better and more desirable QB even though he has one fewer ring than Eli. 

You put a freaking game manager in a poll against Rodgers.  LOL.  That is pretty funny dude. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Rodgers over Eli in a heartbeat.  And yes... I'd sure like 2 championships more than one, but Rodgers is by far the better and more desirable QB even though he has one fewer ring than Eli. 

You put a freaking game manager in a poll against Rodgers.  LOL.  That is pretty funny dude. 

Yeah, but I think he's asking which outcome you'd rather have for a future Jets draft pick (one SB and a bunch of top tier seasons or 2 SBs and a bunch of down years)

23 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yeah, but I think he's asking which outcome you'd rather have for a future Jets draft pick (one SB and a bunch of top tier seasons or 2 SBs and a bunch of down years)

That’s how I read it. IDGAF who is on the roster, give me 2 SB wins over 1

Eli Manning is a .500 QB with a career 83 passer rating.

Tear down Rodgers if you want but Eli Manning isn’t even in the same conversation as Rodgers and anyone who thinks he is has no clue what they’re talking about and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Eli Manning is a .500 QB with a career 83 passer rating.

Tear down Rodgers if you want but Eli Manning isn’t even in the same conversation as Rodgers and anyone who thinks he is has no clue what they’re talking about and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Except that isn’t what the OP asked.. he’s not asking who the better QB is

50 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

That’s how I read it. IDGAF who is on the roster, give me 2 SB wins over 1

I don’t buy it. Two “magical runs” from 10-6 and 9-7 teams isn’t actually better than one of the best players ever.

Eli has a .500 career record.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Except that isn’t what the OP asked.. he’s not asking who the better QB is

Read my next post then.

Maybe I’m just starved to watch a real QB play and view this is a 17 week hobby but having an all time great at QB vs having a mediocre QB who happened to win twice isn’t even a conversation.

If Rodgers never won? I get that.

But Eli is Flacco with a more famous last name.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Read my next post then.

Maybe I’m just starved to watch a real QB play and view this is a 17 week hobby but having an all time great at QB vs having a mediocre QB who happened to win twice isn’t even a conversation.

If Rodgers never won? I get that.

But Eli is Flacco with a more famous last name.

If that’s your prerogative, that’s fine. I don’t care about Eli’s legacy, or Rodgers for that matter. In the hypothetical scenario OP presented, I’m taking 2 SB wins over 1 every time. It’s nice to get consistent QB play, but the goal is championships (or to be entertained as a fan I guess)  Im sure you won’t find one Giants fan that would trade one of those championships in exchange for Rodgers having been their QB.

Rodgers is definitely the better QB, but playing the hindsight game 2 chips is always better than one for me.

• Haha 3

Eli gave the GOAT his two biggest battle scars which should put him in the Hall of Fame alone. There was a point in his career where he had more post-season wins in Lambeau Field than Rodgers did.

He also played in a dogfight division a lot of his years which gives him the slightly-above-average season records.

He’s not a Mt. Rushmore quarterback but neither is Rodgers lmao

Rodgers hype came from Brady hating talking-heads that always wanted to claim someone else was secretly better despite your lying eyes. His record when down in the 4th quarter is terrible. 

Basically, if you can get Eli’s random-appearance, monumental-moment clutch-gene at a lower cap hit than Rodgers regular season highlights against the ****ing Bears, it might be something to think about.

• Thumb Down 2

12 hours ago, GangGreened said:

Are you guys reading his post before voting? You prefer winning 1 Super Bowl rather than 2?

That’s not all he asked. He mentioned their career wins also. The non super bowl years are part of the comparison as well. With Eli, you’re watching an average QB most of his career. With Rodgers, you’re watching one of the greatest of all-time. 

The question comes down to not really Eli vs. Rodgers but...

Would you rather have up and down seasons with mostly mediocre football but 2 Super Bowl championships

Or

12 to 13 win seasons almost every year for a decade, with multiple visits to the Championship games,  but only 1 Super Bowl championship.

For me the latter is easily the better choice.  Yes it's only one championship but the enjoyment of being a true contender every year for a decade, by far, will deliver more enjoyment - and ultimately, as a fan, that's what it's all about.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Would you rather have up and down seasons with mostly mediocre football but 2 Super Bowl championships

Or

12 to 13 win seasons almost every year for a decade, with multiple visits to the Championship games,  but only 1 Super Bowl championship.

For me the latter is easily the better choice.  Yes it's only one championship but the enjoyment of being a true contender every year for a decade, by far, will deliver more enjoyment - and ultimately, as a fan, that's what it's all about.

Nicely summarized. The second option is a pretty easy choice for me too.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It was very strategic winningness of Eli to have Asante Samuel drop the game-ending interception he threw right at him, and then have special team'er David Tyree catch the ball with the crown of his helmet which wouldn't happen again if you have him 500 more tries in a row to do it. 

In a year where Eli led the league in interception thrown 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

In a year where Eli led the league in interception thrown 

Take the championships however they happen, and tbh it adds more a little something to it, given that the Giants just weren't an elite team (mid-pack in points-for, points-against, and 7 of their 10 regular season wins came against sub-.500 teams and didn't beat any 10-win teams themselves). That, plus the opponent was New England in their then-perfect season, and how obnoxiously smug they all were heading into the game. 

I take two improbable/somehow rings over a bunch of far greater amount of disappointing if-this/if-that happened, "shoulda been" season endings. 

20 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Wins are a QB stat? SB rings are a QB stat? I get you don't like Rodgers but you are really going out of your way to look foolish.

Do the same scenario with Trent Dilfer and Dan Marino. If you say Dilfer because he has a super bowl ring then you are truly lost.

Funny that you take my comments as anti Rodgers. I actually really like Rodgers and am excited for this year. But I can remove bias and see things in black and white. You’re too busy spinning what I say and turning my comments into a “wins are a qb stat?” When I never argued that in the firsr place. I am very aware that teams win, not individual players.

the question is do you take the elite qb and 1 ring or do you take the mediocre qb and 2 rings. As a fan, I’d rather have celebrated two Super Bowl victories vs 1. Eli is not in the same conversation as Rodgers. Rodgers is an all time great. Eli was a pretty good, streaky, qb. 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Or

Fido  just won this thread! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, WickedAwesome said:

Eli gave the GOAT his two biggest battle scars which should put him in the Hall of Fame alone. There was a point in his career where he had more post-season wins in Lambeau Field than Rodgers did.

He also played in a dogfight division a lot of his years which gives him the slightly-above-average season records.

He’s not a Mt. Rushmore quarterback but neither is Rodgers lmao

Rodgers hype came from Brady hating talking-heads that always wanted to claim someone else was secretly better despite your lying eyes. His record when down in the 4th quarter is terrible. 

Basically, if you can get Eli’s random-appearance, monumental-moment clutch-gene at a lower cap hit than Rodgers regular season highlights against the ****ing Bears, it might be something to think about.

You say Eli clutch gene I say Karma  for that cheating POS franchise and scumbag coach! 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It was very strategic winningness of Eli to have Asante Samuel drop the game-ending interception he threw right at him, and then have special team'er David Tyree catch the ball with the crown of his helmet which wouldn't happen again if you have him 500 more tries in a row to do it. 

in this hypothetical, it did happen though. We got the David Tyree catch, but instead of Tyree making the catch, it was David Clowney.

It's Mahomes > Rodgers and then a hodge podge of the other great QB's but these 2 are by far the most talented and physically gifted to do it and by far the most fun to watch.  For that reason alone, I'd take Rodgers career over Eli because not only did you get to win a Super Bowl but you'd also get to watch the GOAT for a long time till Mahomes came along and Eli had to be maddening to follow between the SB wins.

• Upvote 2

Eli was an average QB at best. Never a top 10 QB in the years he played. Defense wins championships. Eli made 2 throws in the superbowls.

Prior to one of those throws he should have been picked off by Asante Samuel which would have iced the game for Patriots. If Samuel caught the interception would Eli even be considered for HOF??

43 minutes ago, extmenace said:

in this hypothetical, it did happen though. We got the David Tyree catch, but instead of Tyree making the catch, it was David Clowney.

Lol.

Like I said, I would still take them however they happened, but the idea that this makes Eli clutchier more than luckier in that Super Bowl win is less than compelling. 

23 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Easy Eli manning has two rings , a Rodgers has one.      Dak Prescott is better than Eli too right.    You are judged on how many championships you win.       P mahomes was 1- 3 in Super Bowl would he be consider the best?          

So you’re a Dilfer is better than Dan Marino fan, Dilfer is the better QB.  

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Funny that you take my comments as anti Rodgers. I actually really like Rodgers and am excited for this year. But I can remove bias and see things in black and white. You’re too busy spinning what I say and turning my comments into a “wins are a qb stat?” When I never argued that in the firsr place. I am very aware that teams win, not individual players.

the question is do you take the elite qb and 1 ring or do you take the mediocre qb and 2 rings. As a fan, I’d rather have celebrated two Super Bowl victories vs 1. Eli is not in the same conversation as Rodgers. Rodgers is an all time great. Eli was a pretty good, streaky, qb. 

I take the elite QB everyday and twice on Sundays. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So you’re a Dilfer is better than Dan Marino fan, Dilfer is the better QB.  

How about a direct relationship to his own team

pkunkett is better than lamonica or the snake

lets see him respond yes

• Upvote 1

On 6/5/2024 at 10:56 AM, doitny said:

Rodgers record was 148-75-1 66%

Eli record was 117-117 50%

Rodgers made the playoffs 11 out of 13 years. not counting the 3 years where he played 7 and 9 games and last year. 

Eli made the playoffs 6 out of 14 years. not counting 2 years where he played 7 and 4 games.

Rodgers 21 playoff games.

Eli 12 playoff games.

Rodgers 1 SB , Eli 2 SBs.

so what im asking is we all know Rodgers is way better but would you want..... 

Rodgers on the Jets wining 148 games 66% 11 playoff year and just 1 SB or....

Eli winning 50% 6 playoff years and 2 SBs?

i have never witness a Jets SB but im guessing that a SB win gets pretty old quick when your suffering 6-10 seasons the next couple of years as opposed to win 10 or more games almost every year.

i pick Rodgers and 1 SB

Not sure if this is a real question,  Rodgers is a way better player.  I would rather be a contender virtually every year,  Rodgers had some really mediocre defenses over the years.