Is ItJust Me

2 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Last season I was "all in" I was watching Jake Atman and some of the other guys on YouTube every day. I knew every player on the roster including those of the Practice Squad, I mean I was ready for a great season and then there we were again, having to watch the worst QB in the history of the team AGAIN, there was no hope that he could ever do what Sam Darnold, Geno Smith or Marc Sanchez could do. Then the great GM played Where's Waldo all season afraid to be held accountable and a clueless Head Coach standing at the podium week after week trying to convinced us that the guy he was sending out there gave the team the "best chance to win". I'll tell you ARod this kind of behavior doesn't instill a lot of confidence going forward.

Hopefully I'm wrong

Yep, I hear you Jimmy & I'm right there with you.

6 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Or are you guys also not real excited about this upcoming season? Watching this team blunder through a decade and a half of uninteresting football seasons has taken a lot of the love of this game from me. It's gotten to the point of wondering who is going to get hurt next, which key position is going to be decimated THIS year.

It would be nice to be wrong, and have an enjoyable fall watching the Jets win  and make the playoffs. Since that last playoff game in Pittsburgh the Jets have gone 77-134-that takes something out of you

What they’re trying to do is nearly impossible in the window they need to achieve it in, so that sucks, but maybe we get a few fun games before it all falls apart, like the Favre year. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, Jethead said:

I'm psyched, all in can't wait!

Most excited I've been in 25 years!

Quinnen is one of my all-time favorite Jets/Titans (that old) and Sauce and JJ are trending.

Jethead you are a glorious human being.  You have the right attitude my friend.  If Rodgers stays healthy, this is a 13-4 division winning team.

Get ready jet fans!!!!

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jethead you are a glorious human being.  You have the right attitude my friend.  If Rodgers stays healthy, this is a 13-4 division winning team.

Get ready jet fans!!!!

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I am more optimistic about this year than last. Last year there were real questions and roster spots that made me raise my eyebrows, on the OL obviously. That’s not there this year for me. This team’s ready to go

Same here.  Still cautious in my optimism.  But the pieces are there.  They really are.  I just want that evil injury bug to leave the team be this year.  Go find another ass to bite for a change.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Or are you guys also not real excited about this upcoming season? Watching this team blunder through a decade and a half of uninteresting football seasons has taken a lot of the love of this game from me. It's gotten to the point of wondering who is going to get hurt next, which key position is going to be decimated THIS year.

It would be nice to be wrong, and have an enjoyable fall watching the Jets win  and make the playoffs. Since that last playoff game in Pittsburgh the Jets have gone 77-134-that takes something out of you

This roster is as good as any I've seen as a Jets fan.  If they stay relatively healthy, they should win 12 games or more. 

That being said, I won't really care until I see it with my own eyes.  Not the hope.  Not the potential.  Not the promise.  I need to see some results.

So while I'm excited about the talent level, I'm meh on how I think things will transpire because I think it's more likely than not that something will go horribly wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

What they’re trying to do is nearly impossible in the window they need to achieve it in, so that sucks, but maybe we get a few fun games before it all falls apart, like the Favre year. 

You had to go there didn't you @T0mShane......😖

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Damn.

When I saw the thread title I was hoping it was a poll.

9 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Dude!! I hope me and you gonna be wrong together like a MF-er!! But for now? We step  for step my friend, we lined up! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

The second line of this post is 100% true........FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

The sky is NOT falling period, it it not falling eventually. It is only the sad, nevative expectations that make it feel that way. I mean why bother watch the team if you already believe they will fail? Why watch the draft when they will only pick bust players? Why pay attention to free agency if all of them will get injured and go down for the year? Why bother listening to the coach when he is only going to have a losing record and never produce a winning season? It's perspective and the same rules apply for all 32 teams in the league.

We just have too many doomers and gloomers here that have been beaten into submission from the decades of shatttty football.

but the sky is the same sky here that is is in Kansas City.

Call it what you want.   I actually don't consider myself  a doom and glimmer at all.   I have just been watching long enough to expect them to screw up usually in spectacular embarrassing fashion. 

I hope they do well.  I root for them either way.   But in the back of my mind no failure will enter surprise me.   When rodgers went down 4 plays in I just shook Mt head and said yeah that's about right. 

I actually have hopes for this season.   Have a feeling rodgers will be fine.   The opening is there.   The rest of the division is floundering.  But after 40 years of this crap I need to see it in the field. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JetPotato said:

I've found over the years that no matter how optimistic or pessimistic you are going into the season, the Jets will fall short of either set of expectations at a rate of approximately 100%. So it doesn't really matter which you way you go. Probably the best move is to be optimistic (for your own short-term happiness), but quiet about that optimism, so no one is laughing at you about it later.

The 1999 Vinny week 1 injury taught me a lesson to always manage expectations.  And that was back when we had a real owner and management that had a clue

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on man.....This season is a lock.  Have no fear.

half invested, 41 year old.Aaron Rodgers, coming off achilles surgery and his worst season as a pro is going to solve all of the franchises problems.

Aaron is also studying tape in the Andes mountains 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It's a good way to look at it, maybe it'll be like the 86 season, for you youngsters here that was the season of Kenny O'Brien and Wesley Walker leading the high soaring Jets to a 10-1 start and then the Jets turned into the Jets

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Dude!! I hope me and you gonna be wrong together like a MF-er!! But for now? We step  for step my friend, we lined up! 

So reading through this thread I can see that it ISN'T just me that feels this way.I swear this fan base is exactly like Charlie Brown and Lucy with the football, the minute we let ourselves get drawn back in...presto

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Not just you. I have posted several times that I am completely opposed to the Rodgers trade and all related signings, hate the way they handled Huff and the idiotic Reddick trade, but most of all hate HATE Saleh who I think is the worst HC in the NFL. It is easy to blame everything on Zach but the reality is that Saleh is stubborn, not a good strategic coach, terrible in-game and has lost the team at the end 3 years running. Rodgers is 2 years and an achilles from a sharply declining season and people think he is going to revert to MVP style play. And let's not get me started on JD that has filled the roster with fragile older players and built a team out of paper mache.

I think we win 7 or fewer and we blow the entire thing up. Again.

No I am with you, this is my lowest interest level for a season ever I think.

stripes lighten GIF

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on man.....This season is a lock.  Have no fear.

half invested, 41 year old.Aaron Rodgers, coming off achilles surgery and his worst season as a pro is going to solve all of the franchises problems.

Since Rodgers is 40 now, are you fully invested or just three quarters in vested?

image.gif.106ff54d1be56244a644436b4dbec888.gif

There have only been a handful of years where I was truly defeated before the season even started. 2017 was one of them. As it turns out Josh McCown had one of the better QB seasons in a long time but the team was just not that good.

I bought into the Sam Darnold hype and always believed that "this year" was going to be the year he turned the corner. I even bought into the Zach Wilson hype and boy was I sadly mistaken.

Before the Jets traded for Aaron Rodgers I didn't think that he was even an option due to his contract. And I didn't particularly like him. I thought he was kind of a douche. But as that off-season unfolded, I definitely didn't want Garoppolo or the perennial loser Carr. And when it became apparent they were all in on Rodgers I jumped in the train 🚂 

I went into last season totally pumped to see what I thought would be the best QB play I've see since 98 Testeverde or maybe that one year with Chad. I had high hopes. We all know what happened. Freak injury and the season was over.

This year we have an even better roster than last year and I still believe Rodgers can be the best QB Since that 98 Testeverde season. The defense is legit top 5. They have a great RB and a very good WR. I feel like the OL could be very good.

Look, at the end of the day I could look like Nostradamus and predict the Jets won't win a championship. You could claim that every year and be right almost all of the time no matter who you root for besides the Chiefs.

I could also say we are going to win a SB and look like an idiot 99/100 times. But I do believe this team will make the playoffs and with any good fortune can make a run. These days that's called a "white knight." Whatever. 

As always, I'm in until I'm not. I understand why the fans that have been hurt beyond repair choose not to be. When that comes for me I'll look for something else to do. 

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, slats said:

Not gonna lie, I’m getting a massive kick out of all you folks who so don’t give a **** about the team this year that you’re posting about it on the first day summer with the season still 2-3 months away. It’s clear you don’t care at all. 

Huge difference between not caring and not being excited.

On 6/21/2024 at 12:47 PM, JohnnyLV said:

Not just you. I have posted several times that I am completely opposed to the Rodgers trade and all related signings, hate the way they handled Huff and the idiotic Reddick trade, but most of all hate HATE Saleh who I think is the worst HC in the NFL. It is easy to blame everything on Zach but the reality is that Saleh is stubborn, not a good strategic coach, terrible in-game and has lost the team at the end 3 years running. Rodgers is 2 years and an achilles from a sharply declining season and people think he is going to revert to MVP style play. And let's not get me started on JD that has filled the roster with fragile older players and built a team out of paper mache.

I think we win 7 or fewer and we blow the entire thing up. Again.

No I am with you, this is my lowest interest level for a season ever I think.

Lowest interest ever for a season but he answers a thread about lack of interest on a Jet bulletin board in dead-of-offseason June within 3 hrs of its start.

Makes me wonder how quickly he would have responded if he was interested….

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bicketybam said:

There have only been a handful of years where I was truly defeated before the season even started. 2017 was one of them. As it turns out Josh McCown had one of the better QB seasons in a long time but the team was just not that good.

I bought into the Sam Darnold hype and always believed that "this year" was going to be the year he turned the corner. I even bought into the Zach Wilson hype and boy was I sadly mistaken.

Before the Jets traded for Aaron Rodgers I didn't think that he was even an option due to his contract. And I didn't particularly like him. I thought he was kind of a douche. But as that off-season unfolded, I definitely didn't want Garoppolo or the perennial loser Carr. And when it became apparent they were all in on Rodgers I jumped in the train 🚂 

I went into last season totally pumped to see what I thought would be the best QB play I've see since 98 Testeverde or maybe that one year with Chad. I had high hopes. We all know what happened. Freak injury and the season was over.

This year we have an even better roster than last year and I still believe Rodgers can be the best QB Since that 98 Testeverde season. The defense is legit top 5. They have a great RB and a very good WR. I feel like the OL could be very good.

Look, at the end of the day I could look like Nostradamus and predict the Jets won't win a championship. You could claim that every year and be right almost all of the time no matter who you root for besides the Chiefs.

I could also say we are going to win a SB and look like an idiot 99/100 times. But I do believe this team will make the playoffs and with any good fortune can make a run. These days that's called a "white knight." Whatever. 

As always, I'm in until I'm not. I understand why the fans that have been hurt beyond repair choose not to be. When that comes for me I'll look for something else to do. 

August 7, 1971 is when I learned that the Jets had a pre season injury curse.  I was just a kid... but it hurt pretty bad.

NAMATH HURTS KNEE, LOST AT LEAST TILL NOVEMBER;

• Aug. 8, 1971
90684047_360W.png?quality=75&auto=webp&d
Credit...The New York Times Archives

TAMPA, Fla., Aug. 7 — Joe Namath severely damaged his left knee tonight while attempting to tackle Mike Lucci, a De troit Lions' linebacker. Surgery will be performed tomorrow in New York on the Jets' 28‐year‐ old quarterback. It will be his fourth knee operation and the second on the left knee.

“There is a possibility that Joe may be able to play by the 10th game of the season late in November,” said Dr. James A. Nicholas, the Jets' orthopedist. “His leg will be in a cast for six or seven weeks.”

Namath had completed seven of 13 passes for 116 yards and a touchdown in guiding the Jets to a quick 14‐0 lead in their exhibition opener that attracted a sellout crowd of 51,214. After the Lions' three touchdowns, the Jets rallied for a 24‐21 lead on Bob Davis's 49‐yard touch down pass to Eddie Bell and a 32‐yard field goal by Bobby Howfield. But the Lions won, 28‐24, on Bill Munson's 21‐yard pass to Earl McCullouch.

Knee Ligaments Damaged

Despite the injury, Namath indicated in the Jets' locker room at the half‐time intermis sion that it would not end his career. As he walked around the locker room, while his team mates listened quietly to Coach Weeb Ewbank's strategy talk, Namath glanced at Nicholas.

“What do I have to do to get ready to play next season?” the quarterback asked.

The orthopedist mentioned the usual recuperative theory that is familiar to Namath following his three previous knee opera tions. His right knee required surgery for ligament and carti lage damage on Jan. 25, 1965, and Dec. 28, 1966. His left knee needed tendon repair on March 20, 1968.

From a medical viewpoint, this will be Namath's first op eration for ligament damage in his left knee.

“Damage appears to be done, to the colateral, medial and cru ciate ligaments,” Nicholas said.

Namath limped on his left knee in returning to the Jets' bench after his collision with the 230‐pound Lucci, who ran 29 yards for a touchdown with a fumble return. But the quarterback later walked firm ly to the Jets' locker room without a trace of a limp.

“I had no feeling in it,” Na math said. “It didn't hurt then, but it's hurting now. I guess crazier things have happened.”

One of the Jets' assistant coaches, Ken Meyer, mentioned to Namath what many had won dered—why had Namath both ered to try to tackle Lucci in are exhibition game?

Quip by Namath

Meyer added: “If you weren't a football player, you wouldn't have got hurt. I just wish you had let him go.”

“No way I could let him go,” Namath said. “I guess it proved that I'm not a defensive back.”

The irony of Namath's injury is that his enthusiasm to com pete in the National Football League had been regenerated following the broken bone in his passing wrist that finished his season after five games last year. He acknowledged that he “missed” football.

• Upvote 1