Non Jets training camp news around the league.....

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Deebo? He's no Deebo. 

Deebo doesnt line up at tight end.

As of now, Bowers may be the only player in the league that comes out of the huddle and could go to 4 different positions.

If you guys dont see how special that is, I dont know what to tell you.

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

He is going to be good because you have no other running backs and the raiders are going to be selling adams as soon as Dak signs an extension... 

So there isn't anyone else to throw to other than Bowers and a few cast off wrs

Zamir white is a very talented player and should have a really good year at rb.

What is with the weird raider hate from jet fans?

Most of you were salivating over dead end derek 2 years ago.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

When did the NFL start giving points to teams based on how many positions a player lines up at?  You are soiling yourself over a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL because he lined up ONE TIME at RB in the first preseason game?  You are making Raideraholic blush.

Cause its a nightmare for a defense when you dont know where a playmaker is lining up.

I mean are we really arguing about this?

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

So what he can line up anywhere? This a job fair or is this a football team? Let him produce in the NFL and then lets talk, till then he aint shit till he does something at this level. Period!

athletic freaks and all...

Weekly Vernon Gholston shot

• Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cause its a nightmare for a defense when you dont know where a playmaker is lining up.

Playmaker? He hasn't taken an NFL snap yet! He has potential and that is it. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Yup.   Unique.

https://zonecoverage.com/2023/minnesota-vikings-news/the-saints-have-added-a-unique-wrinkle-that-unlocked-taysom-hill/

Hill’s offensive snaps per position over the past three weeks are as follows:

• Slot: 53
  • Quarterback: 28
  • Wide: 15
  • Inline: 12
  • Backfield: 1

There's another guy who lines up at RB once.  And he has 5 positions (including QB).  So he must be even better!

We're arguing because I'm bored and you're clinging to a ridiculous position despite everyone here telling you it's ridiculous.

You are proving my point.  Pointing out 1 or 2 guys in league of 1,000 players who can do something is very unique.  And bowers has more talent in his left pinky than taysom hill.

Bengals HC Zac Taylor said OT Amarius Mims suffered a strained pec and will miss several weeks.

Following this injury, Mims’ availability for Week 1’s matchup against the Patriots is very much in doubt. The Bengals selected Mims in the first round of this year’s draft in hopes of tightening up the right side of their line after losing Jonah Williams in free agency. Veteran tackle Trent Brown is expected to fill in for Mims during his absence, and would be the presumed starter at right tackle as long as Mims is out.

Injury

24m ago

Source: Paul Dehner Jr.

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-47b8-d241-a7dd-ffb9193f0000

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes.   No one refer to malik nabers, marvin harrison as a play maker.   Please lump them in w/ udfas.  What a stupid arguement.

Like Bowers they have been drafted in the NFL because they were playmakers in college. In case you haven't notice everyones game doesn't translate to the NFL. We will see what happens once the games start. The only thing here that is stupid is your inability to tell the difference between your opinions and things actually happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A buddy of mine who is a Packers fan texted me and was like "congrats, looks like you got a good one."

Preseason means absolutely nothing.

Dan Orlovsky saw one drive and said he will be a “top 3-5 QB in the league right away” or something completely ridiculous like that 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I was vehemently anti-Richardson based on what I saw from him in college but he looked good in limited action last year. If he can't stay healthy when he runs everything that makes him special evaporates quickly though. He's one of the players I'm most curious to see this year.

Me too.  But no way do I draft him in fantasy football!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, GangGreened said:

I remember this board after Zach Wilson’s first preseason game

19 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A buddy of mine who is a Packers fan texted me and was like "congrats, looks like you got a good one."

Preseason means absolutely nothing.

Hell, Zach’s remaining defenders are STILL saying he can be something in Denver over his first preseason game there against 4th stringers.  In year 4.  

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I just dont agree with this concept. 

Theres a reason that Kyle Pitts hasnt had nearly the impact that other TEs have had and that is because if you are just a glorified WR (which is what pitts is) or a great athlete (which Bowers is) you take away the advantage that you get with a top end TE which is stressing the defense with respect to run vs pass.

George Kittle is such an integral part of the SF offense because he is a devastating blocker with the athletic ability to get YAC.  He isnt playing a role like Travis Kelce - he is helping drive their great running game and then taking advantage of LBs in coverage when SF goes play action or mis direction. 

Im not saying Bowers isnt going to be good, I have no idea - but just being fast as a TE isnt enough to be elite, you have to be able to help in the running game to allow the offense to force the defense to play 3 LBs and then atheltic enough to take advantage of that.  

• Upvote 3

Deebo doesnt line up at tight end.

As of now, Bowers may be the only player in the league that comes out of the huddle and could go to 4 different positions.

If you guys dont see how special that is, I dont know what to tell you.

Who is Taysom Hill?

QB, RB, TE, WR?

You are proving my point.  Pointing out 1 or 2 guys in league of 1,000 players who can do something is very unique.  And bowers has more talent in his left pinky than taysom hill.

Have you watched Taysom Hill play?  Holy crap this is a bad take.  Bowers can be good, but Taysom Hill is mind boggling to watch.

35 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I just dont agree with this concept. 

Theres a reason that Kyle Pitts hasnt had nearly the impact that other TEs have had and that is because if you are just a glorified WR (which is what pitts is) or a great athlete (which Bowers is) you take away the advantage that you get with a top end TE which is stressing the defense with respect to run vs pass.

George Kittle is such an integral part of the SF offense because he is a devastating blocker with the athletic ability to get YAC.  He isnt playing a role like Travis Kelce - he is helping drive their great running game and then taking advantage of LBs in coverage when SF goes play action or mis direction. 

Im not saying Bowers isnt going to be good, I have no idea - but just being fast as a TE isnt enough to be elite, you have to be able to help in the running game to allow the offense to force the defense to play 3 LBs and then atheltic enough to take advantage of that.  

Yeah but when he sings along to Spice girls in the car he can sing all 5 parts. Special!

On 8/11/2024 at 8:49 AM, Larz said:

Olu was the correct choice for the Jets , but an OC with a brain will have so much fun coaching this guy 

Man, that's a first round talent right there. Did you see the way he beat the no one who covered him? It takes a truly great player to beat air

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Happy North Carolina GIF by Carolina Panthers

Wow. Tough break

Jets play the Broncos the week before. Say Zach Wilson starts that game.... is that the first time a team has ever played their own top 3 draft pick QB busts in back to back regular season games? Has to be

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Wow. Tough break

Jets play the Broncos the week before. Say Zach Wilson starts that game.... is that the first time a team has ever played their own top 3 draft pick QB busts in back to back regular season games? Has to be

Not many teams have them rapidly enough for it to even be a possibility. Don't worry though.. every report out of the Broncos is that Wilson still manages to suck at an impressive level so the Jets should be safe from yet another dubious record.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Man, that's a first round talent right there. Did you see the way he beat the no one who covered him? It takes a truly great player to beat air

And then he almost tripped over the yard marker.