*JetNation Fantasy League 2024*

Wanted to gage the interest of a JN fantasy league this season.

My idea for the format, and I’m open to suggestions:

•12 teams, .5 PPR

•Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 flex, D/ST, K

•Prefer a couple extra bench spots, maybe 7 or 8

•Top six make the playoffs, top two get first round bye. Weeks 15-16 playoffs and then week 17 final.

•$25 buy in (I’d actually prefer higher but it’s cool if people want to make it lower stakes)

•Preferred platforms are ESPN and Sleeper but also open to Yahoo

•Draft end of August after the preseason

I’d like to give first dibs to my fellow Fantasy Forum degenerates and then anyone else who wants to get in can. @Jetsfan80 @Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @JustInFudge

Let me know if you’re interested and hopefully we can set it up. 

is it gonna be set up for an extra game against league median? if so and the stakes were higher ($25 is throw away money) then maybe i'd be interested. i'm done playing leagues where this isn't the format. watching sh*t teams get into the playoffs because they got super lucky all year with the lowest points against is nauseating. although for $25 it's almost like who cares, might as well play for free

IDPs are so much better than team defenses.  The mixture of Special teams and team defense has never made any sense because those two components of football have little to do with each other.  Just saying.

If you need an extra body, I'm in.  

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

is it gonna be set up for an extra game against league median? if so and the stakes were higher ($25 is throw away money) then maybe i'd be interested. i'm done playing leagues where this isn't the format. watching sh*t teams get into the playoffs because they got super lucky all year with the lowest points against is nauseating. although for $25 it's almost like who cares, might as well play for free

I’d consider this, though not crazy about it. I’ve gotten majorly screwed by bad luck recently in fantasy, but part of the fun of the game is the insane variance and weekly matchups. Otherwise just do best ball. I’ve also seen a format where teams 1-5 with the best record make the playoffs and the six seed goes to the team with the highest remaining points for, regardless of record. 

55 minutes ago, Pac said:

In.  3wrs and a flex is not as good as 2rb, 2wr, and a flex but not a deal breaker. 

$50 is better but  whatever.  Paying top 4 teams? 

I’d like $50 buy in. Would like to hear from others. Was thinking top 3 payout structure, something like:

1st: $400

2nd: $150

3rd: $50. Alternative idea for 3rd is regular season points for champ. 

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

IDPs are so much better than team defenses.  The mixture of Special teams and team defense has never made any sense because those two components of football have little to do with each other.  Just saying.

If you need an extra body, I'm in.  

For just a casual redraft league, I prefer team defense. I’m cool with IDPs in dynasty though.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PS17 said:

I’d consider this, though not crazy about it. I’ve gotten majorly screwed by bad luck recently in fantasy, but part of the fun of the game is the insane variance and weekly matchups. Otherwise just do best ball. I’ve also seen a format where teams 1-5 with the best record make the playoffs and the six seed goes to the team with the highest remaining points for, regardless of record. 

I’d like $50 buy in. Would like to hear from others. Was thinking top 3 payout structure, something like:

1st: $400

2nd: $150

3rd: $50. Alternative idea for 3rd is regular season points for champ. 

For just a casual redraft league, I prefer team defense. I’m cool with IDPs in dynasty though.

I’m up for all of this - and like that third place should be regular season points champ.

Vote for team defense as well. 

Cool w/ $50 buy-in.

• Upvote 1

Not familiar with sleeper.  Very familiar with ESPN and Yahoo.  One issue with ESPN is that you can't drop a player who is on your bench who had a Thursday or Saturday game and pick up a replacement.  That is infuriating. At Yahoo, if you didn't start him, you can drop and replace. For that reason alone, I prefer Yahoo.   

I would love to try Sleeper.  Would be my 1st time.  What are its pros and cons?  How's the phone app?  (not that any really are all that great, but some are terrible, like RTS).

On 7/24/2024 at 2:29 PM, Pac said:

Will this be snake draft with order to be determined by some online randomizer?  Like 17 rounds or something? 

Yes. Snake draft and random draft order; 17 rounds sounds in the ballpark.

Four spots remain, two at minimum to make it ten. 

On 7/23/2024 at 9:15 PM, PS17 said:

Wanted to gage the interest of a JN fantasy league this season.

My idea for the format, and I’m open to suggestions:

•12 teams, .5 PPR

•Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 flex, D/ST, K

•Prefer a couple extra bench spots, maybe 7 or 8

•Top six make the playoffs, top two get first round bye. Weeks 15-16 playoffs and then week 17 final.

•$25 buy in (I’d actually prefer higher but it’s cool if people want to make it lower stakes)

•Preferred platforms are ESPN and Sleeper but also open to Yahoo

•Draft end of August after the preseason

I’d like to give first dibs to my fellow Fantasy Forum degenerates and then anyone else who wants to get in can. @Jetsfan80 @Paradis @Barry McCockinner @JiF @RoadFan @Lurker89 @Dcat @PS17 @#27TheDominator @chirorob @JustInFudge

Let me know if you’re interested and hopefully we can set it up. 

In a 12-teamer, I'd want 2QB or superflex, otherwise QB is too deep to matter

Also, let's do no K; it's so random year-to-year and anyone who knows fantasy waits to the last round (or, depending on position in the snake and what other people have left, last 2 rounds) to draft one anyway.

Would you consider auction rather than snake draft?

Anyway, at $25 I'm in. 

Just now, Doggin94it said:

Also, let's do no K; it's so random year-to-year and anyone who knows fantasy waits to the last round (or, depending on position in the snake and what other people have left, last 2 rounds) to draft one anyway.

Anyway, at $25 I'm in. 

At $50 too. Any higher than that and I'll want to check with my wife before I join

51 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Anyway, at $25 I'm in. 

JMO:   I don't mind kickers as much as "team defense/special teams", which is the dumbest thing in popular fantasy sites.  At least kickers have a skill we are rewarding.   Serioulsy, why not just play 3-5 IDPs instead of team def?  Team defense/ST blows and requires little to no evaluation.  Let's see how good we are choosing defensive players...    I'll never understand why people are so afraid of putting their toes in the IDP water.  So much better than the strange combo of team defense and ST.

Personally, I hate superflex.  QB position is controls everything.  Not as much fun. 

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Anyway, at $25 I'm in. 

It’ll be $50. Yes to kickers and no to superflex, sorry. Definitely snake. Let me know if you still want in. 

And @Dcat team defense/ST will be the play as well. 

• Upvote 1

@PS17 

I'm in if there's space available.

I know everyone's got their 2 cents in format, but I actually like most of what you said. I just have 2 questions:

1) why 3 WR in an otherwise pretty standard format? I've only ever used 3wr in a dynasty superflex format, to me it feels like that adds wayyyy too much emphasis on that 1 position when we're otherwise using 1 guy in the other positions (minus RB). Maybe just add a flex spot if you're looking to jack up scoring? Give guys the option to use an RB or TE if they're dealing with tough bye weeks/etc, especially given question 2:

2) have you used 7-8 man benches in a 12 team, 3wr format before? I haven't used this specific format but it feels like waivers will be threadbare, if not non-existent, with larger benches. Id personally go for 6 man benches with an IR slot.

Anyway, if this all comes together, looking forward to it! Been meaning to find a 3rd league to run in for a while, just 2 adds too much pressure. Also fwiw I'm in for a larger buy in if we all agree, I'd do up to $50.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

@PS17 

I'm in if there's space available.

I know everyone's got their 2 cents in format, but I actually like most of what you said. I just have 2 questions:

1) why 3 WR in an otherwise pretty standard format? I've only ever used 3wr in a dynasty superflex format, to me it feels like that adds wayyyy too much emphasis on that 1 position when we're otherwise using 1 guy in the other positions (minus RB). Maybe just add a flex spot if you're looking to jack up scoring? Give guys the option to use an RB or TE if they're dealing with tough bye weeks/etc, especially given question 2:

2) have you used 7-8 man benches in a 12 team, 3wr format before? I haven't used this specific format but it feels like waivers will be threadbare, if not non-existent, with larger benches. Id personally go for 6 man benches with an IR slot.

Anyway, if this all comes together, looking forward to it! Been meaning to find a 3rd league to run in for a while, just 2 adds too much pressure. Also fwiw I'm in for a larger buy in if we all agree, I'd do up to $50.

Waiver wire will be fine. My home league is a 12 teamer with that setup (except 2QB, 2WR, 2Flex) and we have 16 man benches. 8 man bench leaves plenty of talent on the wire

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

A couple of IR spots would be good.

Yes. I assume you’re in. If you are, that’s 12 and we’re complete. It’ll be on ESPN, so if that’s a dealbreaker, let me know.