***Want to help? We’ve set up a fundraiser for the Sullivan family***

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A number of you requested information about a GoFundMe to do something nice for Phil ("Maxman") since his announcement of the horrible news of his wife Lauren's passing:

As of the time this thread is going out, Phil still doesn't know anything about this, so he'll find out when he sees it.

The GoFundMe is live - here is the link: https://gofund.me/6ba4b776. 

A number of posters helped us kickstart it before posting it on the main board, and WOW what a response. This community is awesome!

There is absolutely no pressure to contribute anything, but given the size of the community here, all amounts really add up. His family deserves something nice thrown their way -- so much more, really, but this is the least we can do for someone who's done so much for all of us. 

Thanks in advance,

JetNation Moderator Team

Thank you again for doing this for such a deserving husband, Dad and family.

Lauren is at peace while looking over them

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ok now i can ask:

on the gofundme page, who are the two ppl sitting on either side of phil?

the dude looks like tomshame

Are you ******* stupid? Either donate or don't. Otherwise, shut the **** up with stupid comments. Seriously.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have no words. None.

I will find a way to thank everyone but for now Wow. It has been such a tough time. We had answers for everything, each step of the cancer journey. In December Lauren lost the ability to walk and it wasn't even a problem. Moved to a ranch, bought a car with a hatchback for the wheelchair, we had answers every single time.

In the beginning of July her pain took off and was a 10 out of 10. Opiods were the only answer and several infections, meant no more treatment and then the cancer just took over. She never game up. She never complained.

But it is all a knock out punch for us and as we pick ourselves back up, coming back here and seeing this amazing kindness is beyond amazing. Thank you so much!!!

Phil;

I doubt there are any of us here, who feel like we've done enough.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say, we will always have your back.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Phil;

I doubt there are any of us here, who feel like we've done enough.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say, we will always have your back.

I definitely feel the support and appreciate it. This was totally unexpected. Thank you all so much!

• Sympathy 5

You reap what you sow Phil. You have tirelessly and often thanklessly cultivated a wonderful community bonded by a singular passion. There is brilliance in that! We have your back, and any small gift we can give back pales in comparison to the forum you have built for us to be whatever we choose to be as fans of our team. Has to be by far the best fan forum of any professional team. God bless you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

On 8/23/2024 at 10:45 AM, Lith said:

Response from the JN community has been great.  I originally set up the page with a goal of raising $2,500.  Had to increase that twice as we blew by the original goal in a couple of hours.  Last night, thanks to a generous contribution from one poster, we hit our goal.  For the 3rd time.  $7,500 raised to date. 

I am proud to be a part of this community.

It is incredible and helps so much. I don't complain about money because cancer taught us what really matters. And we have been fortunate money wise.  I was able to take care of Lauren and work from home. Never had to take family leave. My income took a huge hit the past few years but have been able to keep everything afloat.

This was totally unexpected what you all did here but greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is incredible and helps so much. I don't complain about money because cancer taught us what really matters. And we have been fortunate money wise.  I was able to take care of Lauren and work from home. Never had to take family leave. My income took a huge hit the past few years but have been able to keep everything afloat.

This was totally unexpected what you all did here but greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

I was happy to help. My brother fought cancer for 16 years and I know how much that can add up. He went through 4 surgeries and countless rounds of chemo and expensive medications. Thankfully he had great health insurance that covered Sloan but the number one cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical costs.

God bless, Phil. Donating was such such a worthy cause.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

I really don't know anyone on this site other than a few I met at a Jets game.  I still think of this as a community.  We chek in and talk football.  Some of us have been friends meeting on this site for years a few minutes at a time.

Phil, I hope you and your kids are doing okay.  I know okay is relative.

To the guys who organized this, well done!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just wanted to thank everyone one more time. We really appreciate this and this helped a ton. Tough time, but we are all doing well. As well as you can be doing is how I like to phrase it.

We appreciate it!

I am doubling down on JetNation. As I look at what I want this new life to be, JetNation is an even bigger part of it. I have always had a million ideas and never enough time. Caring for Lauren became the focus and I wish that was still the case. But as I move forward with free time for the first time in forever, JetNation is a big focus for me.

Thank you all for making this place your Jets home!!!

It’s safe to say we all wish we could do more. Sending prayers, well wishes, and a couple bucks isn’t going to replace her - and none of us thought it would - but it’s what we could do while also not intruding.

Expect you’ll never fully get over this time, and you’re not supposed to either, but it’ll get easier as time passes. You’ve still got a lot of family left, your lives still go on, and you’ll have many more happy times to come. Laughing again without her won’t mean she’s being forgotten, nor that you’re not still truly grieving her, and I’ll bet it’s what she’d want.

Keep busy. A great thing about this place is it never fully sleeps and it’ll keep you talking to us. Keep up your game day rituals, and expect there are going to be a thousand more parking lot condolences that’ll kill the mood a bit, but you probably have to let it happen and just know it’s all coming from a good place. These people love you. Except maybe T0mShane, who was the kid in the neighborhood who used to pull the legs off daddy long legs and just leave its tiny body ball there on the sidewalk before moving on to scaring the neighborhood’s pets with bang snaps, and little seems to have changed since he’s grown up. Someone like that truly loves nothing except causing misery, so of course I mean the rest of us.

We all look forward to having you back more, even if none of us like the reason why. JN, as a refuge for the fan base’s almost poetic stupidity, can help with the laughing part. Hopefully a bunch of Jets wins along the way will help some more.

• Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just wanted to thank everyone one more time. We really appreciate this and this helped a ton. Tough time, but we are all doing well. As well as you can be doing is how I like to phrase it.

We appreciate it!

I am doubling down on JetNation. As I look at what I want this new life to be, JetNation is an even bigger part of it. I have always had a million ideas and never enough time. Caring for Lauren became the focus and I wish that was still the case. But as I move forward with free time for the first time in forever, JetNation is a big focus for me.

Thank you all for making this place your Jets home!!!

Live each day as if Lauren is looking down and holding your hand in tandem. 

Thank you for this home that we Jet fans have, and I pray that your home is filled with happiness and great memories. 

• Upvote 2