Breece Hall will have a monster game one

I do not see the Jets running the ball well against SF.

See this as a very tight, low scoring, defensive game of the 20-17 type with a FG in the last minute to win.

They better have a spy in the plan to check QB runs and dump offs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

See this as a very tight, low scoring, defensive game of the 20-17 type with a FG in the last minute to win.

The 49ers run defense may be the single most glaring weakness for them, and that was with Greenlaw and Hufanga on the field. Neither will be playing. The Jets absolutely should be looking to run all game long.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sounds good to me.

Ive said Breece needs 25 touches for us to win the game.  You are right there.

Why burn RB#1 with 25 carries? We.have 4 capable RBs on the roster  to preserve #20.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Why burn RB#1 with 25 carries? We.have 4 capable RBs on the roster  to preserve #20.

25 touches is not 25 carries.  Could be 19 carries and 6 catches.

But regardless, 25 carries is fine for a rb with young legs who is built like Breece.

This is football, not a knitting class.  Breece is the best player on this team and 25 touches in a competitive game should be the minimum.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bronx said:

Rushing yards - 19/167/1TD.

Catches -4/5/72/1TD

Total yards- 239 yards/2 TDs

National Football League Eating GIF by New York Jets

Only if the OL can get to the 2nd level. With Floyd & Bosa on the Edges & Fred Warner in the middle Jets need to run up the A & B gaps. AVT, Tippman & Simpson need to get off initial block and get upfield. 

10 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Spy Brock purdy?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We will punish them with whatever the defense is giving us.  Maybe that is a softer rush defense and maybe SF sticks to the formula from last year and makes us have to throw to win.

Breece or Garrett pick your poison

• Upvote 1

On 8/31/2024 at 7:23 PM, Bronx said:

Rushing yards - 19/167/1TD.

Catches -4/5/72/1TD

Total yards- 239 yards/2 TDs

National Football League Eating GIF by New York Jets

19 carries?  Breece had 19 carries or more in only 3 games last year.  2 of those games were after we were eliminated from playoff contention.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HallBr03/gamelog/2023/image.png.7773438d8fa7f83355260d4c3e0e63c6.png

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

19 carries?  Breece had 19 carries or more in only 3 games last year.  2 of those games were after we were eliminated from playoff contention.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HallBr03/gamelog/2023/image.png.7773438d8fa7f83355260d4c3e0e63c6.png

There were no running lanes since the jets had a crappy passing attack. It would be fruitless to lean on breece last season. This is a brand new season,

Think how good the jets were last season when they got competent QB play even with a subpar O line. I think the jets win in a blowout.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

There were no running lanes since the jets had a crappy passing attack. It would be fruitless to lean on breece last season. This is a brand new season,

Think how good the jets were last season when they got competent QB play even with a subpar O line. I think the jets win in a blowout.

When the games didn't matter, that's when Saleh ran the gameplan through Breece.

13 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Pretty much. IF the Jets end up winning this game it will be because of an outstanding defensive performance and the offense, as a whole unit, doing just enough to get out with a win. Probably will come down to critical drive late in the 4th that generates points to take or extend the lead. I don't think any one player on offense will have a 'monster game', including Breece. On defense, thats another story. Multiple guys come to mind who could have big days - QW, Quincy, JJ, Sauce. Any one of these guys could have monster games that get us a win.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Pretty much. IF the Jets end up winning this game it will be because of an outstanding defensive performance and the offense, as a whole unit, doing just enough to get out with a win. Probably will come down to critical drive late in the 4th that generates points to take or extend the lead. I don't think any one player on offense will have a 'monster game', including Breece. On defense, thats another story. Multiple guys come to mind who could have big days - QW, Quincy, JJ, Sauce. Any one of these guys could have monster games that get us a win.   

Our OL should create some big gaps. As long as AR is healthy, our chances are great, because forget a Hackett-led offense.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bronx said:

Our OL should create some big gaps. As long as AR is healthy, our chances are great, because forget a Hackett-led offense.

I don't nec. disagree with that. 

I just don't see this being that kind of game. I think first game of the season away in SF, with a brand new offense, new run game- could be really tough for the Jets get things going early. And SF is def no slouch defensively. I think Allen will split a decent amount of carries with Breece. the Jets will play this game conservatively. They will run the ball, they will make sure they don't make the early mistake, punt and play defense and hope Rodgers pulls it out for them when they need the plays in the pass game. A 24-17 type of game. Score it how you want. +/- 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!! 

Sperm Edwards is the greatest!!! OMG I love-love-love him!!!

That’s so weird! I took two Triz at it and you’re absolutely correct… Spermy is obviously the creator of AI

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Try typing the word T-I-P-P-Y in a post without the - between the letters. emoji6.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Did he play at all in the preseason? I get it that we want to save him, but isn't it important to play a little in preseason just to get the rust off. I think it might hurt him... Same with the new tall receiver... Can a guy just step onto the field and dominate? 

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When the games didn't matter, that's when Saleh ran the gameplan through Breece.

Or, alternately, they ramped up Breece's carries as they felt more comfortable with him being more fully recovered from the ACL injury.  That lull in the middle of the season made it seem like he was still fighting through some things and wasn't ready to handle a bigger load yet.

• Upvote 1