Jalen Carter DT 0 0% 51 76% 8 26%
Josh Sweat LB 0 0% 41 61% 1 3%
Jordan Davis DT 0 0% 35 52% 12 39%
Brandon Graham DE 0 0% 32 48% 7 23%
Nolan Smith LB 0 0% 31 46% 10 32%
Bryce Huff DE 0 0% 30 45% 1 3%
Milton Williams DT 0 0% 28 42% 6 19%
Moro Ojomo DT 0 0% 14 21% 7

I was watching Mekhi - he was playing good as far as I could see. Move him to guard - who would of ever thought of that - not the Jets.
He didn't want to do that remember?

I. AM. A. LEFT. TACKLE

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He didn't want to do that remember?

I. AM. A. LEFT. TACKLE

I think when he saw his market wasn't what he thought it would be, he managed to adjust his attitude & grow up a little bit.

• Upvote 4

Yeah I'm sorta annoyed about Becton.  Whining about only playing LT here and generally not putting any effort in to adapt to anything else even while collecting paychecks from his couch for two seasons.  Goes to Philly and seems to readily embrace being a G and could turn out to be really good.  Some players just aren't built to be happy with their first team.  Many of those go on to be unhappy with all their teams eventually.  We'll see.
He had to be humbled first. Once he saw the lack of interest from other teams the reality of the situation hit him

• Upvote 1

1 assisted tackle, 0 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 QB hits. Couldn't find his snap count but I don't think I saw him at all on defense all night. 

All those lamenting JD's decision, IMHO the system made him, not the other way around. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AZSOJ said:

1 assisted tackle, 0 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 QB hits. Couldn't find his snap count but I don't think I saw him at all on defense all night. 

All those lamenting JD's decision, IMHO the system made him, not the other way around. 

Been saying this right along.

7 minutes ago, hawk said:

I also think he is playing a better position than he was foe the Jets.  

With the Jets, his 2023 PFF grade was 53.2 overall.  He gave up 12 sacks on the season.

Anything he does with the Eagles, has to be better than what he did with the Jets.  He can't go down; he can only go up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I thought Becton was good. He didn't finish on some run plays when he could have. But otherwise he looked solid. What confused me is that during the shotgun snaps he was constantly craning in his neck and looking back at the QB, and he was still looking back when the ball was snapped. It was not something I had noticed any guards doing in the past.

I noticed both things too.
the shotgun snaps have to be related to the center not being able to look between his legs for whatever reason to see the signal from the QB  I can’t think of anything else   It was such a tell for the defense  Becton taps the center, play starts  

He didn’t finish one block lol. Can you imagine if he was a nasty finisher? Probably a pro bowl guard. 

He didn’t get beat either, but his coaches must lose sleep over trying to unlock his aggressiveness 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alka said:

With the Jets, his 2023 PFF grade was 53.2 overall.  He gave up 12 sacks on the season.

Anything he does with the Eagles, has to be better than what he did with the Jets.  He can't go down; he can only go up.

I stopped listening to PFF when they gave Darron Lee a 100

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I think when he saw his market wasn't what he thought it would be, he managed to adjust his attitude & grow up a little bit.

The market has spoken - Humble pie. Too bad too late for us.

He threw up in camp and was limping on his knee. We’ll see if he holds up inside.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, AZSOJ said:

i remember reading somewhere when we first hired Saleh that his defense is a "Plug and play" defense. you could plug just about anyone in there and it would be good.

let me rephrase that. you could put " anyone" in there that fits whatever it is Saleh is looking for weather its a certain size or attributes. i think thats why so many UDFAs do good here. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Larz said:

I noticed both things too.
the shotgun snaps have to be related to the center not being able to look between his legs for whatever reason to see the signal from the QB  I can’t think of anything else   It was such a tell for the defense  Becton taps the center, play starts  

He didn’t finish one block lol. Can you imagine if he was a nasty finisher? Probably a pro bowl guard. 

He didn’t get beat either, but his coaches must lose sleep over trying to unlock his aggressiveness 

That's surprising, because at Louisville, he was a finisher.  He'd drive the defender out of the picture and then bury him.  Must be harder against NFL DL and LBs than collegiate DBs. LOL

Meh. I'd feel better if Hason Reddick was still some dude most Jet fans never heard of, and Bryce Huff was battling Jermain and Will for sack leader on the Jets Dline.....

Personally, when JoeD drafted Will McDonald, I think it was b/c the writing was on the wall for Huff. It was a Will for Huff deal. The whole Reddick thing was last second, and JoeD definitely isn't gonna break the bank for him. Not with his own superstars on deck for the bag. Joe won't let Sauce or Garrett or AVT or Breece or Jermain become cap casualties b/c he panicked and over-paid Hason Reddick.

If Hason stands down and comes in a plays for the pay bump Joe offered him, then great.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, jetswin said:

this is the thing that bothers me,his insisting "I am a left tackle."  Polar opposite of AVT who has been a team first guy since he got here.

Really kinda sucks. Dude is immature AF. At least was... but I'm sure he's still all over social media nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:24 AM, Trotter said:

No animosity towards huff for me

he wanted to do more and his employer felt he was not capable

prob happened to most of us in our careers certainly me and you want to prove to yourself you can

Wish him well and feel good that we have people in charge that can make difficult decisions

hopefully this works out well for both

Not me. Never wanted to do more or prove anything to anyone. Low energy and low expectations... 22 years and still collecting a chunky paycheck.

On 9/6/2024 at 11:58 PM, Beerfish said:

He was awesome as  a jet he is now awful, this is the way of jet fans.

Also Becton looked pretty good at guard.

This is the way with every teams fans.  
Bectons issues were never due to a lack of talent and ability

On 9/7/2024 at 4:35 PM, AZSOJ said:

How did 1st rounder McDonald do in that system Monday? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2024 at 6:27 AM, slimjasi said:

Literally 

Superman was out flying one night and he sees Wonder Women changing through her bedroom window. He figures he could fly in at supersonic speed, get some nookie, and fly out before she even knew he was there. So he loosens his belt and swoops down.

Wonder Woman feels a breeze whoosh in through the window and says “What the heck was that?”

From the seemingly-empty bed, a male voice responds. “I don’t know but my ass suddenly hurts,” says the Invisible Man.

• Haha 3