Bryce Huff as an Eagle

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except Huff is costing the Eagles game checks.  So when you think about it what Reddick is doing is actually magnanimous.  If you're gonna not produce don't charge the team at least!

I dig.  Would still prefer Reddick was sucking up the cash and QBs too.  I'm not critical of the Huff-Reddick exchange, but I do think that JD should have done more to keep JFM,  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Really, Jets said:

That is actually true. Fangio NEVER blitzes. Ever. Huff can only flourish in a blitz-happy chaos defense. In a Fangio D, he goes up against a 325 lb. tackle on every play. He is undersized so he all but has no chance to get to the qb, and then he gets squashed on every run play. 

He is an undersized speed rusher.  He should be blowing by 325 lb tackles.  The issue there would be getting exposed in the run game.  He is not excelling in either at this point.  

IMO there are not that many schemes he will do well in.  I don't see how blitzing helps Huff.  He is an undersized edge rusher.  I don't think you want to send more bodies with him there or it will make you susceptible to big plays in the run game.  If you are going ot blitz you probably have to drop guys into pass D and Huff certainly isn't suited to that.  You don't sign a DPR to get pressure when you blitz.  You sign them to win 1-on-1 battles.

I think that Fangio was a consultant in Philly in 2022.  Gannon got the Arizona job, Fangio went to Miami, and they hired Desai who was a Fangio guy in Chicago.  They ran more wide-9 and then Patricia took over in December.  Reddick stalled at 11 sacks and they started dropping these guys.  I think everybody expected more wide 9 and less dropping these guys, but the wheels have sure fallen off that D.

9 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

The Falcons chipped Huff all game with their RB and TE so he was obviously a focal point of their game plan.

But hey at least we have Reddick who's really torn it up the first two weeks.

Huff and Reddick have the same stats thru two games except Huff is making $17m this year and we’re paying Reddick $0 currently 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Huff and Reddick have the same stats thru two games except Huff is making $17m this year and we’re paying Reddick $0 currently 

We didnt acquire Reddick to sit at home and pay him $0 and we all saw what Huff was able to do in our system which fit him like a glove. 

Douglas saw it fit to let him walk and trade for a headache. Brilliant.

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 2

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not going to argue that because I remember it and you did. I agree we need to be bigger up front but I honestly think that eventually the  run defense will improve. CJ tackling dragging guys down after 4+ yards was also a pretty big issue. We saw the run defense improve modestly as soon as the younger faster Echols got in. I also think we likely get a big body in here before the trade deadline, at least I hope so. Wait wut? With Rodgers our offense isn't scoring more points per game than last year? Hmmm/ interesting. I'd have to look. I also see that improving as everyone gets comfortable with one another. We will see. Rodgers is a weirdo timing guy micro managing lunatic, but eventually the offense will get it.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

On that, we agree.  The Jets not being sellers at the deadline last year, beginning that process the moment Rodgers went down, was a big mistake.  Especially while entering a draft where we needed to replace some of the missing draft capital from the Rodgers deal.

I accept your weepy apologies, but you’re both going on the #List. @JiFtheOracle is my designated best friend this season. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, JetsMan57 said:

We didnt acquire Reddick to sit at home and pay him $0 and we all saw what Huff was able to do in our system which fit him like a glove. 

Douglas saw it fit to let him walk and trade for a headache. Brilliant.

He let Huff go because he had McDonald to take his place. Reddick had nothing to do with it.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My position on Huff was that the Jets should have traded him at the deadline last year because designated pass rushers are valuable chips as, obviously, the Eagles seemed to agree with. The Jets are worse on defense because they traded size for speed thinking Rodgers was going to score points and now they’re ****ed because Rodgers isn’t scoring points and the CBs are compromised coming up in run support to make up for the weakness on the edge. 

I forget what it was, but at the time of the deadline there was a rumor of an offer but it wasn't much. Like a 6th rounder or something -- it wasn't going to be much. Douglas calculated wrong, but I'm sure part of his calculation was the expectation of a return of a comp pick for him that would've been more valuable than a playoff/SB contender's (late) 6th round pick. 

You're arguing what should've happened in no small part based on the knowledge he finished with 10 sacks (and I can't stress enough how much that grades on a curve when and against whom the final two came). A the time of the trade deadline - week 8 - he had 3.5 sacks after recording 3.5 the prior season.

IOW it was no great loss, and when the team is at 4-3 there aren't too many GMs who will already start trading this year's performers for late day 3 draft picks the following season.

Due to be a CFA (compensatory pick FA) were Lawson, Becton, McGovern, Whitehead, Huff, Jefferson, Thomas, Davis, and I forget offhand who else. In hindsight we saw not only that only two were offered qualifying contracts elsewhere before May 1st, but also that they would be in the running for a UFA like Smith, the further decline of Tomlinson (necessitating signing Simpson), and more that canceled out losses. 

What can you say -- the handling of 2023 free agents was not exactly Douglas's finest hour of UFA judgment. Cook, Lazard, Cobb, Hardman, re-upping D.Brown, Schweitzer, Turner, etc. -- and he probably got lucky that the Ravens so badly outstupided him on OBJ. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ghost said:

What did he do? 😂

Accused Max of faking Lauren's cancer diagnosis for financial gain (even though @ZachEY, not Max, was on the one who set up the GoFundMe and it was without Max's knowledge until hundreds of posters had donated already) and demanded his donated money back.  Which Max returned for no other reason than he's a magnanimous saint of a person.

28 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

It's so f'd up I wont repeat but he is pure and utter filth, and he really should have some type of rule made @Sperm Edwards when his named is mentioned. lol

Yeah he's not exactly royalty around here.

Didn't he once tell @Jet_Engine1 he wished he would die on the job putting out a fire?

Who even thinks that, let alone types it out?

There are so many examples like that and more that people have mentioned of him acting like a lowlife who was seemingly born without a necessary part of his brain.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Didn't he once tell @Jet_Engine1 he wished he would die on the job putting out a fire?

There are so many examples like that and more that people have mentioned of him acting like a lowlife who was seemingly born without a necessary part of his brain.

There's no way he has much of a pre-frontal cortex available to him, that's for sure.  He's like that Phineas Gage dude who survived a railroad spike through the head:

dkbd7uv7jcq91.jpg

Bryce Huff is going on his 5th year and has 17.5 career sacks. Up until 10/8/23, less than a year ago, he only had 7.5 career sacks.

I understand the Jets have not had great pass rushers for quite a while and I do appreciate Huff's contributions as a Jet. He's also an awesome story as an UDFA. But the idea that Huff was a budding Micah Parsons that the Jets let get away is a bridge too far for me.

I'm not really that surprised that Huff isn't killing it as an every-down player. He's a situational pass rusher who excelled in the Jets rotation. His pressure rate is plummeting probably because he's playing every down.

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sounds about right, pretty unimaginative pea brain type thought. 

Who think its or types it out?  Idk but the inside scoop fight everyone at the tailgate guy, @Jetsfan80 cant think of his name said that I F my dogs because I had a picture of them on my profile.   Talking about who even thinks that????

• Post of the Week 1