***OFFICIAL REAL NFL OPENING DAY GAMES THREAD***

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If the Jets had drafted Purdy he'd never have gotten a legit chance to start here.  The Niners "failed quickly" with Lance and got rid of him after year 2 whereas the Jets made Zach Wilson the unquestioned QB2 in year 3. 

You make your own luck.

If Tim Boyle got a chance last year than I'm quite sure Brock Purdy would've as well.  Though I'm not sure how good Purdy would've been under the circumstances (CS, OL, WRs) we had last year.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Tim Boyle got a chance last year than I'm quite sure Brock Purdy would've as well.  Though I'm not sure how good Purdy would've been under the circumstances (CS, OL, WRs) we had last year.

I said legit chance to START.  That's not what was going on with Tim Boyle.  Nor was it the case for Joe Flacco, Mike White, Josh Johnson or Trevor Siemian.  Purdy would have gotten some spot starts then they'd have gone right back to Zach Wilson.  And if the Rodgers move had still happened, they'd have gone right back to Rodgers this year.