Woody Johnson = great owner

14 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I think a large portion of the fan base would be happy if the team was moved to Mars permanently. emoji12.png

(Queue the joke about the current stadium having no atmosphere ...)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Will there be a dedicated stadium with serviceable turf? 

Could be worse. Imagine letting the guy who’s carried your offense for years go to division rival because you didn’t want to pay him another 2-3 mil lol. As a result you throw away over 100 mil a yr on qb who makes Zach Wilson look decent lol. Mara thinks he knows football too, makes him lot worse than woody who I think he knows is a jackass when it comes to football lol. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Will there be a dedicated stadium with serviceable turf? 

We'll have to share the stadium with the Mars Invaders. Oh, and they are also hosting the soccer World Cup in 2042. :D  

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I think a large portion of the fan base would be happy if the team was moved to Mars permanently. emoji12.png

(Queue the joke about the current stadium having no atmosphere ...)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

They have to figure out the parking and tailgating.  The new stadium, which is fabulous looking, FYI,  is only showing access by public transportation.

30 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Could be worse. Imagine letting the guy who’s carried your offense for years go to division rival because you didn’t want to pay him another 2-3 mil lol. As a result you throw away over 100 mil a yr on qb who makes Zach Wilson look decent lol. Mara thinks he knows football too, makes him lot worse than woody who I think he knows is a jackass when it comes to football lol. 

Yeah it could be worse they won 2 super bowls since 2007.  We haven’t even been to a Super Bowl since the Tet Offensive 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Woody has fooled us yet again, all hype no substance just Woody making money for him and his billionaire partners. Smart man pay out a sh*t ton of money on hyping team up then pay Roger’s who can then sell books push his agenda and have a documentary about himself. Great agreement, while we sit here with yet again with the same BS. Can’t forget arguing on a message board about something we can’t control. So, who is the real sheep?

49 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yeah it could be worse they won 2 super bowls since 2007.  We haven’t even been to a Super Bowl since the Tet Offensive 

Ya that was a nice little run. Amazing what a good franchise qb can do for a team. Since Eli in his prime, they have been complete dogsh*t for decade plus. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I just hid 5 political post that don't belong here. Anyone care to guess what happens of if I have to hide a 6th? Please stop. no matter how innocent you think a comment is it just starts that same thing here. 

Harry Truman sucked eggs.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bronx said:

The big difference is that the Knicks and Rangers are fun teams to watch. 

The Rangers have been, off and on. Knicks sucked for years and weren't fun to watch, but have been for the last 4 years. 

I guess that means there is hope.

Actually, it doesn't. Woody is a complete f*cking moron. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

• I think Woody is the primary person responsible for the Jets’ current state.
  • But he is not buying into the hype of AR8 or this past season.  Woody did not extend JD or Saleh.  They are on the last year of their contracts.  
  • So I think it is more likely than not that the Jets are starting over in 2024.  

9 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • I think Woody is the primary person responsible for the Jets’ current state.
  • But he is not buying into the hype of AR8 or this past season.  Woody did not extend JD or Saleh.  They are on the last year of their contracts.  
  • So I think it is more likely than not that the Jets are starting over in 2024.  

Yes there is this finally.  Maybe he’s finally results-based.  Saleh in particular is on thin ice, b/c if rodgers plays at least reasonably well and they can’t win, that may be the separator between jd and saleh.  

7 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Any of our last 3 GMs employed in football?

Hmm let’s see…

Tannenbaum has been out of the league since 2018, and of course has been an ESPN Analyst since.

Idzik was not retained by the Jaguars as a salary cap consultant.  Out of the league since 2021.

After getting fired, Maccagnan hasn’t gotten so much as an area scout gig in the league and at last check is a “motivational speaker”.   Follow this link to hire him for your next Bar Mitzvah or 8th grade graduation speech:  https://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/mike-maccagnan

Terry Bradway has been a “part-time consultant” with the Panthers since 2022, but we see how well that’s gone for that franchise.

Thanks Woody!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hmm let’s see…

Tannenbaum has been out of the league since 2018, and of course has been an ESPN Analyst since.

Idzik was not retained by the Jaguars as a salary cap consultant.  Out of the league since 2021.

After getting fired, Maccagnan hasn’t gotten so much as an area scout gig in the league and at last check is a “motivational speaker”.   Follow this link to hire him for your next Bar Mitzvah or 8th grade graduation speech:  https://www.athletespeakers.com/speaker/mike-maccagnan

Terry Bradway has been a “part-time consultant” with the Panthers since 2022, but we see how well that’s gone for that franchise.

Thanks Woody!

That is crazy.

I think Tanny is doing well with his business but I was always surprised he couldn't work his way back into the cap side of things. Football evaluation, no, but always thought he would get a gig as a cap consultant.

• Upvote 1