The Jets beat the Rams to improve to 1-13

I don't think any QB we could possibly have drafted would have done well with the rookie HC, rookie OC, complete rebuild disaster we handed Wilson.

That being said, I'm glad we didn't go 0-16 just for Trevor haha. No QB was worth joining that infamous club 

• Upvote 2

Its crazy thinking about where we ended up years later....the draft is a complete crap shoot

I remember being so dejected....thinking we just set ourselves back for the next decade.....

Fast forward 3 years later and the Jags prob woke up this morning with a few regrets about that 200+ mil extension they just gave TLaw

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

Its crazy thinking about where we ended up years later....the draft is a complete crap shoot

I remember being so dejected....thinking we just set ourselves back for the next decade.....

Fast forward 3 years later and the Jags prob woke up this morning with a few regrets about that 200+ mil extension they just gave TLaw

At least ZW sucked so bad we didn't even consider extending him. Jags are now "all in" ... just not sure on what exactly.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

The good news is that in 2028, they can cut him and actually get a little cap relief. 

So fun to revisit those conversations when I was getting skewered for saying Lawrence sucks and is far from Generational and Zach Wilson is a mega bust waiting to happen oh hey guess what guys, if we dont trade down and keep Sam Darnold, like they should, it's all good just take Justin Fields who is the best QB in this class and oh hey look, the Jets should have held onto Sam Darnold and Justin Fields in the best QB form that class.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

So fun to revisit those conversations when I was getting skewered for saying Lawrence sucks and is far from Generational and Zach Wilson is a mega bust waiting to happen oh hey guess what guys, if we dont trade down and keep Sam Darnold, like they should, it's all good just take Justin Fields who is the best QB in this class and oh hey look, the Jets should have held onto Sam Darnold and Justin Fields in the best QB form that class.

Darnold 3-0

Fields 3-0

Geno 3-0

Burrow 0-3

Lawrence 0-3

Herbert, Tua, Lamar, Dak, all at 1-2 ... crazy season, and we've only just closed Week 3.

How weird that the only two 3-0 NFC teams have ex-Jets at QB?  QB factory, baby!!! :D  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

But now we’re deprived of all the threads and press that the Jets ruined another talented (if not sure thing) QB prospect.

Can you imagine with Geno (again), and now Darnold as well, off to their hot starts… and Generational Trevor looking terrible for the Jets?

At least Wilson did us the solid optics of being so terrible as to look like just a bad fool’s gold pick after a Covid season, instead of a universally smart pick that guaranteed would’ve been excellent at worst, had he been drafted by anyone else — and then doubly, not teasing nearly enough to ink him to a $55MM contract extension with $200MM in guarantees that keeps him as the team’s starter until 2029.

Thank you, Zach?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jamesr said:

"4 dimensional chess" :D  

Nope,

In the Fall of 2020 the Jets are so bad they might get the prized FQB in the draft. All of the people on JetNation say, "Oh, how wonderful!"

The Zen master says, "We'll see."

One day, the Jets win a pointless game and are stuck with the 2nd pick in the upcoming draft. The marquee QB will eventually go to the Jaguars who are picking first, so all of the posters say, "How terrible!"

Some time passes and the Jets move on from dreadful 2nd pick in the draft. The Jaguars give a 2nd contract to the FQB who is almost as bad as the 2nd overall pick. The Jets on the other hand trade for a Future Hall of Fame QB. Most of the posters say, "How wonderful!" But some long for the days of that "Deer in the headlights QB."

New York is a tough place to play for a rookie QB. The reason these QBs are better now is partly because of what they went through at all of their stops. It takes time to develop and a lot never do. But if they keep learning they get comfortable. If they get picked high they play too soon and their development gets hijacked. 

• Upvote 2

Be careful, Jaguars fans. 

When Trevor is on his 4th team and finally lives up to the hype in 2027, you'll have to hear about how your dumb organization was solely responsible for holding him back, even though he played for 2 other teams for which he also sucked or was a backup. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

Sucks that at the time, the Jets had a better QB than anyone coming out in that draft, but just didn’t know it. 

Lots of posts in the draft forum dating back to November prior to the draft by one @greenwichjetfan explaining why TLaw and Zach should be avoided, and that we should trade back and either keep Darnold or pick Fields. 

2 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

I knew him and Zach would both suck balls! (The headband gave it away w Zach) 

And also- ANY USC QB. This team had better NEVER draft another from there. Just look at them all. Terrible. 

I've been keeping up with mock drafts already because I'm sick, but one guy actually had us taking Miller Moss out of USC in the 1st.  Just had to shake my head and laugh.

• Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Lots of posts in the draft forum dating back to November prior to the draft by one @greenwichjetfan explaining why TLaw and Zach should be avoided, and that we should trade back and either keep Darnold or pick Fields. 

I wanted nothing to do with drafting a QB that year but, unfortunately, they were hell bent on the idea. Not that I loved Sam, just that rookie HC + rookie OC + rookie QB was an obvious recipe for disaster. 

2 hours ago, Frankie Green said:

I knew him and Zach would both suck balls! (The headband gave it away w Zach) 

And also- ANY USC QB. This team had better NEVER draft another from there. Just look at them all. Terrible. 

Everyone has liked Sam Darnold 'except the Jets': Bill Belichick

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, slats said:

I wanted nothing to do with drafting a QB that year but, unfortunately, they were hell bent on the idea. Not that I loved Sam, just that rookie HC + rookie OC + rookie QB was an obvious recipe for disaster. 

I wanted to give Darnold another shot as well.  Granted I was on the draft Chase train and not the trade down for Sewell train, but I would have been happy with either.  The only thing that gives me relief about how that sh*t played out though is that it most likely just would have delayed the QB search til 2022, which means we probably end up with Kenny Pickett at best, or mortgage our future for Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson at worst.  Considering how many high draft picks we had back then, I'd imagine we would have leaned towards making a splash.  

All things considered I'm content with how things ended up, because I'm content with how our roster is constructed right now. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I don't think any QB we could possibly have drafted would have done well with the rookie HC, rookie OC, complete rebuild disaster we handed Wilson.

That being said, I'm glad we didn't go 0-16 just for Trevor haha. No QB was worth joining that infamous club 

that might be true but Trevor had Meyer and Pederson.

and Pederson is suppose to be better that Saleh so...........

i think we blame coaching too much for these 1st rd QB failures......

• Upvote 1

Told you then, seems clear now, Lawrence was never "generational", he was just a guy.

So much angst over such a meh QB, lol.

Who knows, maybe he'll pull a Geno/Darnold, and be good to great one day, but as of now, he's a huge let down from her perceived value/talent.

• Upvote 1