Robert Saleh “We are at the nothing part of Football!”

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I’m old school.  Never bought into the Tony Robbin’s thing..  To me he just comes off as a slick grifter.  Assuming the positive vibes thing is a thing.  At what point is controlling your positive vibes a waste of energy?   If you’re a football coach is projecting energy more important than attention to details.  If positivity is the No. 1 attribute, where on the list is putting players in a position to create mismatches that ultimately win games?  

It seems running the stairs and playing golf help Saleh feel and project positivity. The actual hard work of film study and working with the players to deal with their weekly opponents is down the list.  Maybe you hit on something.  The actual work of being a pro-football coach doesn’t create positive vibes.  Which begs the question.  Wouldn’t winning and dominating week after week create a vibe of winning which may have nothing to do with positive vibes but is the actual job of a HC? 

Saleh is becoming the case study for the negative cultural and performance-limiting impact of toxic positivity.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He can say what he wants but if he keeps losing he’s gone.  The bills game is his waterloo

Woody wouldn't have the balls to fire a head coach mid-season if he found out the dude was Pol Pot's right-hand man during the Cambodian Genocide of the mid-1970's. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Woody wouldn't have the balls to fire a head coach mid-season if he found out the dude was Pol Pot's right-hand man during the Cambodian Genocide of the mid-1970's. 

He’s cheap 

6 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

The best part of that game was when they thought they got Breece to 1000 yds but didn’t. 😂 

We don't get the big things right.  We also don't get the small details right.  Everything is off with this team.

4 minutes ago, Xtina said:

This is an absolute instant fireable offense. He should not be here one minute longer. 

Yea. To say that to anybody at any time, anywhere, is bad enough. To say it at a press conference. How stupid can one be?

• Upvote 1

You need local and national media to run with this th hopefully get Woodrow’s attention 

this should be right up cimini and russini’s alley

jd as well - he hired Bobby and is supposed to have the authority to fire him

• Post of the Week 1

IMO he needs to change we won 2 straight and had a bad loss and said that these are grown men and they don’t need to be called out. Then they come out and look like trash again. So the nice guy thing needs to be over.

Call every OLineman out.

Call out Lazard on his drops.

Call out Breece for doing nothing.

Call out Rodgers for 3 INTs.

I coach my sons youth football and baseball at 5U with more accountability.

39 minutes ago, GenoJet said:

Yea. To say that to anybody at any time, anywhere, is bad enough. To say it at a press conference. How stupid can one be?

The more I think about what he said the mor I realize just how inept he is

i hope he realizes 31 head coaches are laughing hysterically at him

most of his players just lost what little respect they had for him

to say that is just absolutely mind numbing stupid I really hope I see a thread by lunchtime that he was fired

• Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, TBJ said:

He's not a head coach.

And he KNOWS he is not too.  Looked "good" coaching a Totally Stacked SF D, which is why I Hate hiring Coordintors as HC's.  I realize that a great HC has to come from somewhere but it's long odds you hit one, probably longer than drafting a First Rd QB and having him become "Franchise".  These Coordinators come from Optimum situations and when Forced to coach and Win with an entire team they get exposed, none more so they Saleh.  I wanted to give him a chance with a "real" QB but it already seems obvious at this point that he is Unqualified for his job, put his abysmal total win-loss record aside, you see him get OUT-COACHED Every week.

Also, it would probably appear to any dime store psychiatrist that Saleh wants to be Fired at this point with this insane suggestion that 1/3 of the season "really doesn't matter".

But the 2 digit IQ black-sheep of the Johnson family named Woody won't fire him to save the season, not just for the dollars but because how much worse it will make Johnson look also.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Saleh is becoming the case study for the negative cultural and performance-limiting impact of toxic positivity.

Parcells offered zero positive vibes.

They went from 1-15 under Kotite to 9-7 and then 12-4 and the AFCCG.

You produce the positive vibes by winning.

It’s not something you can manufacture by t-shirts and posting signs around the building.

I’m sure it’s great for the players 6 out of 7 days a week to show up to a work atmosphere that feels more like a loose free Club Med resort than a high-pressure job.

But then when they lose on gameday they’re left to wonder why they’re so ill-prepared and out of sync and not making the plays in crunch time.

• Upvote 1

Jets fans: "we are at the nothing part of watching Robert Saleh weekly ineptness."  

Mid-season firing is warranted.  

but...but....but   Woody doesn't do that...     

Well it's time to change, Woody!

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bobby was just asked if he’s even considering changing the offensive playcaller.

His answer was “no”.

Nothing’s happening.

You can forget about firings.  He won’t even think about giving Downing a chance to call plays.

We’ll just keep doing what we’re doing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bobby was just asked if he’s even considering changing the offensive plycaller.

His answer was “no”.

Nothing’s happening.

We’ll just keep doing what we’re doing.

8-9 finish to the season.  No playoffs.  Guaranteed.

Guys will start quitting on him sooner than later

can’t imagine locker room is good right now

devante channeling Amy whinehouse right now

they told me to go to Nyjets and I said no no no!

Shame she could not get past drug issue - talented lady

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Parcells offered zero positive vibes.

They went from 1-15 under Kotite to 9-7 and then 12-4 and the AFCCG.

You produce the positive vibes by winning.

It’s not something you can manufacture by t-shirts and posting signs around the building.

I’m sure it’s great for the players 6 out of 7 days a week to show up to a work atmosphere that feels more like a loose free Club Med resort than a high-pressure job.

But then when they lose on gameday they’re left to wonder why they’re so ill-prepared and out of sync and not making the plays in crunch time.

Untrue, you can be a losing team with a constructive and positive culture.

What Saleh has done here is cultivate toxic positivity. Google it. It’s got more to do with building a culture that mandates positivity to the point where it pushes away constructive dialogue, accountability, learning, and ultimately improving. Employees (players in this case) avoid having the hard conversations that lead to change, due to a fear of being cast as “negative”. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I agree with everything in this thread but trust me nobody wants Saleh gone as much as Saleh. Dude is literally begging Woody to fire him. He's beyond over it,. 

To bad he flunked the Michigan interview.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What Saleh has done here is cultivate toxic positivity. Google it. It’s got more to do with building a culture that mandates positivity to the point where it pushes away constructive dialogue, accountability, learning, and ultimately improving. Employees (players in this case) avoid having the hard conversations that lead to change, due to a fear of being cast as “negative”. 

I avoid talking about the culture stuff because who knows what it's really like inside the building, but Saleh's reactions to the last two games are insane. The offensive performance the last two weeks has been unacceptable, and this dolt is crowing about how it's still early in the season and people need to get their seats on the bandwagon before it fills up. Just unhinged.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

and the last 2 weeks we've had players talking about holding people accountable and taking accountability ...

8 hours ago, maury77 said:

Saleh's comments reflect the same lack of urgency his teams have always played with. I really don't see what he offers as a head coach. His defensive scheme is relatively vanilla (albeit effective). He is also not a master motivator as his teams always start slow, play poorly coming off byes and commit a ton of penalties. 

Saleh has always been a poor man's Herm Edwards. 

It's effective because we have the best corner group in football. And IMO they are being mis-used and our defense could be much better. 

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I avoid talking about the culture stuff because who knows what it's really like inside the building, but Saleh's reactions to the last two games are insane. The offensive performance the last two weeks has been unacceptable, and this dolt is crowing about how it's still early in the season and people need to get their seats on the bandwagon before it fills up. Just unhinged.

Can he at least pretend to be pissed off about losing 

• Upvote 1