Joe Douglas was not in the room during Salehs firing

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

What I'd really like to know is when/how they told JD they were going to fire Saleh?  Because...

On one hand, they're firing Saleh because they're not playing up to expectations, which could indicate they feel as though JD has done his job well and it's Saleh's fault the team sucks.

On the other, leaving JD out feels intentional as to send a message to him as well.  He hired Saleh, they fired Saleh and JD wasnt the one to deliver the news?  That feels like a, if Ulbrich doesnt turn it around, you're next message.

Leave it up to the Johnson's to do the right thing for once and show some balls, only to have an absolutely ass backward process about doing it.

Just some (pure) speculation on my part: JD and Saleh have always seemed to be extremely buddy, buddy (see their draft press conferences). I'm guessing JD wasn't thrilled by this move and it wouldn't shock me if he's gone much sooner than later. 

• Upvote 2

Seems JD is for sure a lame duck (yes, we knew that already) 

Possibly means he doesn't get the green light to throw away future assets to try and salvage the season. If that's the case I fire him before the end of the season to try and get a head start on the search, instead of having to hire an HC and GM in one swoop

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I get it.

But if you look at the talent on this team, it's real.

McVay would be 5-0 (or at minimum 4-1) with this roster right now.  No doubt in my mind about that.

McVay beat the 9ers with no WRs and no Aaron Donald, a bunch of scrubs making league minimum outside the QB position.

McVay is a once in a decade coach. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Just some (pure) speculation on my part: JD and Saleh have always seemed to be extremely buddy, buddy (see their draft press conferences). I'm guessing JD wasn't thrilled by this move and it wouldn't shock me if he's gone much sooner than later. 

yeah, which is why I really want to know when they and how they told him and the explanation around the timing.

I dont know the benefit of firing a GM mid season.  I understand the HC.  

The thing I'm hung up on is at it pertains to JD is, we've never seen Woody do something this drastic.  Which indicates IMO this favoring the hand of, they believe JD put together a really good team and should be much better.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Corn said:

Completely meaningless that JD was not in the room. They had a friendship. It’s proper for someone else to step in and do the dirty work.

The GM should be there. Bowing out of your responsibility because it's your friend is pretty pathetic. I have my criticisms about JD, but I seriously doubt he went and cried to be excused because he and Saleh were friends.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Corn said:

Completely meaningless that JD was not in the room. They had a friendship. It’s proper for someone else to step in and do the dirty work.

I see your point but the Jets did make it a point to tell us Salehs boss was JD (which was obviously BS).

I said earlier billionaire’s don’t like to be embarrassed and while thst is not new to woody my guess is either I London or as soon as he got back one or more of his billionaire friends broke his balls 

this is a knee jerk reaction for him but I’ll take it

True but was Saleh really a motivator for him?  Feel like it's all about reuniting w/ Rodgers.

reports saying the Saleh smelled like poop were all over background on the Devante Adams rumors 

• Upvote 1

Everyone and their grandmother wanted Saleh fired. Thread after thread about how he's the worst HC in the league and more threads with people crying saying it will never happen.

Woody grows a pair and fires Saleh, yet here we are complaining about how he was fired. You got to be ******* kidding me. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

yeah, which is why I really want to know when they and how they told him and the explanation around the timing.

The thing I'm hung up on is at it pertains to JD is, we've never seen Woody do something this drastic.  Which indicates IMO this favoring the hand of, they believe JD put together a really good team and should be much better.

Agree with all of this, especially the bolded 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

Everyone and their grandmother wanted Saleh fired. Thread after thread about how he's the worst HC in the league and more threads with people crying saying it will never happen.

Woody grows a pair and fires Saleh, yet here we are complaining about how he was fired. You got to be ******* kidding me. 

I think we’re just trying to piece together how the Jets are organized  from a decision making standpoint. Seems relevant. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Agree very unlike woody and jd not in the room is very interesting 

good for woody and if jd is next, just got a warning shot whatever I really don’t care

just f’n win

• I believe these contracts have reporting lines built in.  The GM is supposed to consult with the owner, and the HC consult with the GM, but they are supposed to make decisions that reflect how they are doing their jobs.  
  • It is clear to me that Woody has intervened on players (Favre, Sanchez, Zach, AR8) and coaches (firing MLF and now Saleh).  Saleh reported to JD in this structure.  
  • This is going to perpetuate the Jets’ cycle of hiring bad people at the GM and HC level.  They should try and lock up Ulbrich or Vrabel now.   Ben Johnson is not working here. 
  • The decision to fire Saleh was the right one.  The team was unprepared and undisciplined.  
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Definitely one of the more significant details. 

Seems Woody is really taking the reins here which is hilarious. I think this makes trading for Adams or working anything out with Reddick less likely. Douglas would for sure do it now because he has nothing left to lose but Woody may be realising that he's been sold a bill of goods and is getting a head start on the cleanout early.

it's been over 3 years.  woody can't say he was sold a bill of goods.   that argument passed a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I think we’re just trying to piece together how the Jets are organized  from a decision making standpoint. Seems relevant. 

Seems pretty clear that Saleh lost a power struggle with Rodgers and now they’ve probably gotten worse as an organization because Rodgers and his gimp Hackett rule the roost

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh being fired and replaced after 5 games in relevant.

As far as JD goes, absolutely nothing has changed with the firing. If the Jets don't make the playoffs, he gone. Same as when we started the season. No reason to fire him now. It would serve no point.

• Upvote 1

I dont think you will find many saleh supporters these days standing behind him(cant wait until the same fate happens to Joe) what I question is the timing of it -it is obvious to me that Rodgers had him fired and you will never convince me otherwise and that is not a good look.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems pretty clear that Saleh lost a power struggle with Rodgers and now they’ve probably gotten worse as an organization because Rodgers and his gimp Hackett rule the roost

You’d hope it’s more to it than that. But very possible.