Adams traded to Jets

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

@BigRy56  @choon328  @SomebodytoAnybody47

My beautiful jets fans let me tell you this and you never forget it, Garrett wants to be paid before anything, period and this is the literal definition of taking food out of his mouth 

The veteran QB can’t find ways to simplify the offense for the young bucks so he gets his crutches because you know it’s always everyone’s fault but Aaron’s 

Waiting for the day Garrett requests a trade and 90% of you turning on him like :

Sleepy Cat GIF

Bruh.  Garrett probably was never going to re-sign here (without a massive overpay) whether we got Davante or not.  The future is preposterously bleak no matter what moves are made in '24.  So who cares about his feelings?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bruh.  Garrett probably was never going to re-sign here (without a massive overpay) whether we got Davante or not.  The future is preposterously bleak no matter what moves are made in '24.  So who cares about his feelings?

If he is getting elite wr money I'd prefer the Jets don't do that anyway. He's very good, not elite.

• Upvote 2

Ok. If this is still about cashing in on the Rodgers trade, what else can you do. Mike Williams hasn't been exceptional but OTOH I can see this creating a lot of problems with GW's bad attitude. Probably not thrilling for Mike Williams, either. If Lazard and Adams end up being the two main targets, the WR room is going to be a nightmare. I wouldn't be too surprised if Douglas deals Williams away this week as a result of this trade.

Just now, rex-n-effect said:

Ok. If this is still about cashing in on the Rodgers trade, what else can you do. Mike Williams hasn't been exceptional but OTOH I can see this creating a lot of problems with GW's bad attitude. Probably not thrilling for Mike Williams, either. If Lazard and Adams end up being the two main targets, the WR room is going to be a nightmare. I wouldn't be too surprised if Douglas deals Williams away this week as a result of this trade.

Garrett will be fine. I do not care about Mike Williams 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There was that moment during the Idzik years where Woody conspired behind Idzik's back to keep Rex around for another lame duck year and I honestly never thought sh*t would get weirder than that and yet here we are.

Jets Football: Rarely Fun, Never Boring

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Bro in all pro voting name does play a part

Devante can make the second team, if it’s him and like 5 lesser known guys with similar stats who you think voters picking? 

it would be a pretty uphill challenge to make the all-pro team after missing almost half the season

last year, adams had 103 receptions, 1104 yards and 7 TDs and did NOT make 1st or 2nd team all-pro 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Regardless of whether it works they should absolutely be taking their shot this year IMO. Go for it, don't give up. Looks bleak at 2-4 but not insurmountable. 

To each their own but I disagree.

This Rodgers experiment is a failure, everyone is getting fired. I don't want to lose future draft capital to take on a 31 year old WR who won't want to be here next year when Rodgers retires and we hire some up and coming defensive coordinator.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This Rodgers experiment is a failure, everyone is getting fired. I don't want to lose future draft capital to take on a 31 year old WR who won't want to be here next year when Rodgers retires and we hire some up and coming defensive coordinator.

This is the way of the Jet

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What's going to make this even more delicious is when Rodgers plays babe in the woods about having any say in making this happen.

LMFAO 

Omg I didn’t even think of this 😂😭🤣

Season 2 Lol GIF by Insecure on HBO

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The Rodgers experiment isn't over. A 3rd round pick has a 16% chance of becoming a good starter. It's not a huge cost.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GangGreeninBetween said:

This makes me feel so conflicted, obviously Adams is an awesome player back with Rodgers now, but damn what did they give up and sitting at 2-4...is it even worth it at this point? I guess they feel they can still make a run.

remember 2009?  the team was kind of floundering until they brought in edwards.  edwards gave them some teeth in the passing game.  the same thing can happen.  adams is a really good receiver and should, along with wilson, give the defenses fits.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Never should have traded JFM

Should have restructured him instead

JFM has inside outside versatility and is at least solid whereas Clemons and Kinlaw are liabilities in both the run and pass games

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I dunno man. We're 2-4 and Rodgers is getting killed back there. The Steelers defense is going to maul us next week.

Devante will be pancaking Watt right on his ass Sunday, stop being a hater and negative 

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Rodgers experiment isn't over. A 3rd round pick has a 16% chance of becoming a good starter. It's not a huge cost.

the jets are starting to resemble the over the hill team (reskins 1974). all they need is to bring george allen back from the grave to get them motivated.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

It may not matter in the end but they just got better and there are 11 games left so who knows. The Mets were 11 games under .500 after 1/3 of the season was over and they turned it around bigtime. If it doesn't work they gave up a 3rd and are on the hook for 11 mil this year only. I think it's worth a shot. 

Yeah, I am certainly all for the trade. But I almost fear too little too late. I thought Buffalo and Pitt were both must wins if we stood any chance at the division.

Now it seems that Pitt is must win if we want to compete for a wild card. 2-5, I don’t know if we can reasonably expect the playoffs from that hole.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I dunno man. We're 2-4 and Rodgers is getting killed back there. The Steelers defense is going to maul us next week.

I haven't seen the Steelers play yet this season. Is their D really good? I'm not saying they're in a good situation I just think it's premature to call the season dead. 

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

remember 2009?  the team was kind of floundering until they brought in edwards.  edwards gave them some teeth in the passing game.  the same thing can happen.  adams is a really good receiver and should, along with wilson, give the defenses fits.

The 2009 defense and OL was elite. That was the beginning of a new regime that had showed promise and they needed a weapon for a young QB.

This is a failed regime that has already fired its coach and has underperforming players and issues all over the place. Will Rodgers even be around to throw this new 31 year old WR the ball?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

the jets are starting to resemble the over the hill team (reskins 1974). all they need is to bring george allen back from the grave to get them motivated.

Yup 

This entire thing smells exactly like a Dan Snyder opp, great point 

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah, I am certainly all for the trade. But I almost fear too little too late. I thought Buffalo and Pitt were both must wins if we stood any chance at the division.

Now it seems that Pitt is must win if we want to compete for a wild card. 2-5, I don’t know if we can reasonably expect the playoffs from that hole.

I don't think so. Our schedule is relatively easy the rest of the way.

BUF still has some tough games like KC, SF, DET and others.