Are you Happy/Supportive of the Devante Adams Trade?

Are you Happy/Supportive of the Devante Adams Trade?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Happy/Supportive of the Devante Adams Trade? And to whom do you give the credit/blame to?

• YES, I am happy and/or supportive of the trade to get Adams! And I give JD the credit!
    • YES, I am happy and/or supportive of the trade to get Adams! And I give Woody the credit!
    • NO! I am unhappy and/or not supportive of the trade to get Adams! And I give the blame to JD!
    • No! I am unhappy and/or not supportive of the trade to get Adams! And I give the blame to Woody!

Time will tell.  I'm not thrilled with potentially giving up a #2 pick for a soon to be 32-year old WR who will likely be gone by 2025.

If we win the Superbowl this year, it's worth it.  If we don't, it isn't.

The Jets being the Jets, Adams will likely catch a gazillion passes and make 2nd team All-Pro, we give up the 2nd, and the Jets miss the playoffs and everyone gets fired.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

1- Yes, boring football only thing worse than losing football. 

2- AR8, doesn’t have time for guys to learn his weirdness soul reads, needs his OWN weird guys  to do his weird thing. 

Number 2, considering we all thought skipping preseason and holding 70 minute practices was actually good, is very accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 1

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Apathetic should be a choice. Rearranging chairs on the Titanic doesn’t have that thrill like it used to.

Apathetic means showing or feeling no interest, no enthusiasm.

I'd argue if you lack enthusiasm or interest, or think it's not going to help, that falls pretty squarely in the "do not support" area.

Sorry, no fence sitting on this one.  

• Haha 2

I feel totally numb.  Not even comfortably numb... just plain ol' numb.  None of the check boxes fit that.  I'll come back if I feel anything about the deal if and when I recover from the total disgust at yesterday's atrocious game.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I am fine with the deal because why not?  I don't know that it is going to have much impact on the trajectory of this team, but it will probably be more interesting.  Particularly if/when it all implodes.  I don't give credit to Woody or JD.  I think a monkey could have seen this coming (reading the press, many did) but if there is any "credit" it goes to Rodgers who surely has been putting his foot down about it and his whining about Williams last night was as passive aggressive as it gets.  What more could he have done?  Gone full Veruca Salt?  He was pretty much there.  

• Upvote 1

After years of rooting for draft position, I have no problem whatsoever with the Jets pushing their chips into the middle of the table for a change. As a fan, the greatest gift your team can give you is hope, and this move gives me at least a little more hope than I had yesterday. 100 percent on board.

• Upvote 1

I found a 2021 article that said out of 205 teams to start 2-4 since 1990, only 19 (9.3%) of those teams have come back to make the playoffs, and none have won a Super Bowl. Giving away a 3rd round pick for a 1-year rental on a team with a minimal chance of making the playoffs is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Who cares.  Rodgers is burning it to the ground.  Let him do whatever the hell he wants at this point.

The important thing is we will have the 1st pick in the draft in a few years!!

Can’t wait to pick the next Zach or Trevor 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, zuckpsu said:

I found a 2021 article that said out of 205 teams to start 2-4 since 1990, only 19 (9.3%) of those teams have come back to make the playoffs, and none have won a Super Bowl. Giving away a 3rd round pick for a 1-year rental on a team with a minimal chance of making the playoffs is ridiculous.

They didn't change to a 17 game season until 2021. That likely changes the probability a bit. Won't be a huge swing, but it's likely a little higher now.

A third round pick isn't the gold people seem to be making it out to be. I've read they have about a 16% chance of becoming a solid starter.

• Upvote 1

Yes I love it. And it's a move JD HAD TO make. IMO he had no choice but to do this. You cant go all in with the roster we did, lose 3 in a row and not get your QBs buddy who just so happens to be still a great WR.

I think doing it now is big too. That we have to these next 8 weeks. Go 6-2. Which I think is realistic.

Then we'd finish with BUF and MIA to control perhaps the division and if not WC.

And hopefully coming in hot and clicking.

• Upvote 2

I like the trade. He's still a good player who knows how to play with Rodgers. They owe him 11 mil and are not on the hook for any more money. The pick is probably going to be a 3rd so it is what it is. They have two 3rd rounders in next years draft anyway. 

• Upvote 2

Good move.  Mike Williams has been a disappointment so far.  This should help a ton with getting Wilson free of double teams.

Not to mention keeping Arod motivated.

Sucks the first part of the season has been messy, but I think the team pulls it together soon.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am fine with the deal because why not?  

The only possible logic behind this point is that the Jets **** up their draft picks so badly that it's just more worth it to go all-in on a 2-4 season instead. Which, not a bad argument tbh.

• Upvote 1

My own opinions:

• I don't care about the cap or his salary in 2024.  Not my money, not my problem, it's a one-year cost unless we want it to be more.  As of today, I don't want it to be more.
  • I don't think it moves the needle at all on the trajectory of this team.  I think G. Wilson and Williams will get less targets and less playing time as Adams takes those targets and snaps.  Lazard doesn't (IMO) change much. 
  • I don't think our passing production increases much, if at all, over what Rodgers has been producing so far. 
  • Most importantly, I don't think we win more games because of this move, ultimately.
  • I'm opposed to losing a 2nd round pick in 2025, because I think we may very well need it to help us draft a new QB for the post-Rodgers, post-Saleh Era. 

As with all the times I oppose things the Jets do anyway, all I can do is hope to be wrong.

I think the delay, and now the trade, was all JD.  Woody has to approve yes, but IMO it's 100% JD making this call.

This is what is going to happen:

Mike Williams the guy douglas went after as our important 3 wr even though he was hurt and was not going to be ready to start this year and thus be rusty  will be benched,

A ton of targets that went to garret wilson will go to adams.

Rodgers still loves lazard he will get targets.

The end result will be no difference at all for his tea, just transferring targets from wilson to adams.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This is what is going to happen:

Mike Williams the guy douglas went after as our important 3 wr even though he was hurt and was not going to be ready to start this year and thus be rusty  will be benched,

A ton of targets that went to garret wilson will go to adams.

Rodgers still loves lazard he will get targets.

The end result will be no difference at all for his tea, just transferring targets from wilson to adams.

Some of those targets to Wilson need to go to someone else. He has the highest number of targets in the league right now I believe and his yards dont reflect it. If those targets are divided up a bit better I think he looks better and overall we are more productive.

• Upvote 1