G5 Mistakes: why so many mental errors?

The guys are totally unfocused. I also think that 3 years in a row of not meeting expectations after hearing how great they were all Summer is wearing on them. Everybody is pressing and failing - but Garrett has 1-2 plays like this a game this year. It's a problem

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

they have had bad coaching and most of the players are soft and believed the hype on their talent and forgot you need to actually play the games on the field

wilson is a nice wr but folks were crowning him to be a stud and he is not-he is not even a top 20 wr in the league  in fact I could come up with 25 wrs I would take over him....  

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I remember he was having drop issues starting his rookie season, then he caught the winning touchdown against Cleveland at the end that propelled him into the starting role.

Losing week in and week out for the past 3 years is taking it's toll on him. 

He looked shell shocked after the game last night during post game interviews. Only the third year in a row this team has shattered his confidence and will to be good. 

• Upvote 1

If the other team is just better at the end of the day, you tip your cap to them and move on.

Like the Mets can hold their heads high because the Dodgers are just better.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s a talent gap or poor coaching.

But for whatever reason, this team continually beats itself and can’t get out of its own way.

The worst WRs in the NFL don’t misplay a ball as badly as Garrett did in that critical situation where you are driving down the field to try and take back the lead and stop the bleeding.

• Upvote 3

Just now, slimjasi said:

This is just a poorly coached mess with a fractured culture. 

It would be nice to get a big time head coach in here, but no one like that is coming to work for Woody. 

Woody does not want to pay for a big time coach to be here-the ONLY option the jets will have and they should take is an older coach that is proven and wants back in and hope it works out . 

Just now, BreeceHallofFame said:

He’s shattered his own confidence 

Yes. I’m not absolving him. He’s been lousy for large stretches. But once again the coaching staff and team culture do him zero favors. 

• Upvote 1

Tough to figure out when the whole thing is broken.

Salehs entire approach to football was so off it’s really tough to make any judgements. He didn’t treat football as if it were football. It’s really the only way I can describe it. 

It’s going to take bit to get whatever that culture he was trying to build out of the facility. New guy talking to him every day I’m sure wasn’t heartwarming to Woody either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Just now, Matt39 said:

Tough to figure out when the whole thing is broken.

Salehs entire approach to football was so off it’s really tough to make any judgements. He didn’t treat football as if it were football. It’s really the only way I can describe it. 

It’s going to take bit to get whatever that culture he was trying to build out of the facility. New guy talking to him every day I’m sure wasn’t heartwarming to Woody either. 

it starts with Woody-he is not going anywhere

then it falls on Joe-he has been terrible and should have been fired after draft Zach, Wilson and Becton-that is the cold reality-but he bought himself a few more years and for some reason folks like him but he is maybe the worst GM the organization has ever had especially considering he picked the coach and his entire tenure has had no production from QB

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

then it falls on Joe-he has been terrible and should have been fired after draft Zach, Wilson and Becton-that is the cold reality-but he bought himself a few more years and for some reason folks like him but he is maybe the worst GM the organization has ever had especially considering he picked the coach and his entire tenure has had no production from QB

The fact that there still seems to be a relatively significant amount of people who think JD is good at his job is one of the more bizarre things going on on this board currently. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

After the collapse two years ago there should have been an immediate reset. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

The fact that there still seems to be a relatively significant amount of people who think JD is good at his job is one of the more bizarre things going on on this board currently. 

they live in a world where results do not matter and excuses are acceptable

things could actually be worse

Aiyuk tore his ACL after the 9ers just paid him 

It’s exruciating because there are dozens of makeable plays — not just G5 but Zuerlein, Breece, Tyron, everyone — over these last 4 weeks any one of which could have changed the outcome but none of them were made

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

After the collapse two years ago there should have been an immediate reset. 

Joe was tied to his choice to let Sam go (vs trading the pick for a draft haul) and draft Wilson-once it was apparent Wilson sucked and throw in passing on wirfs for becton and lets not forget mimsy JOe should have been fired.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

things could actually be worse

Aiyuk tore his ACL after the 9ers just paid him 

It’s exruciating because there are dozens of makeable plays over these last 4 weeks that could have changed the outcome but none of them were made

they will be okay-deebo was out as was jennings-I had bet the niners but once I saw deebo was sick i cashed out and bet the other way

27 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

I feel like he could have scored on the slant but decided to cut back against air 

I am so annoyed by his countless "moves" after catching the ball. He needs to just run toward the endzone at top speed - no jukes, no stopping - just running. Split the defense and score a TD or get tackled. All his countless jukes, stops and starts do is allow defenders to gather around him. And for the love of God it is a football not a loaf of bread - Tuck it, or lose it! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’d argue that GW is the biggest disappointment this season and the main reason we’re 2-5.  

love the guy, have a signed helmet in the basement but he’s choked all season.  He’s pressing but I expected him to settle down. He’s making the same boneheaded mistakes over and over again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am so annoyed by his countless "moves" after catching the ball. He needs to just run toward the endzone at top speed - no jukes, no stopping - just running. Split the defense and score a TD or get tackled. All his countless jukes, stops and starts do is allow defenders to gather around him. And for the love of God it is a football not a loaf of bread - Tuck it, or lose it! 

He needs to watch Victor Cruz film. Everything Cruz did as a smaller receiver with a small frame, Wilson doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, PS17 said:

He looked shell shocked after the game last night during post game interviews. Only the third year in a row this team has shattered his confidence and will to be good. 

I feel for him as a person, that being said, the team didn't shatter him yesterday, he did that to himself.

At the end of the day, he's an adult, and need to take responsibility for his mistakes.  Now, he may be doing that, I have not heard him make any excuses, but if the coach calls a play, they play works, the receiver is open, the throw is out on time to hit the receiver in the chest, I'm not really sure what else the coach is supposed to do on that play.

• Upvote 2