You never root for losses…but

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Listen, Jets are seven point favorites against a Pats team that’s rumored to possibly fire their first year head coach halfway into his first season.  The Jets should steamroll this team worse than they did in their first meeting. 

BUT

It’s in the best long-term interests of the Jets to lose this game. For the first time, Woody’s incompetence has become a national story. It has finally become the conventional wisdom among the fan base. Finally, Woody is taking the blame. 

Losing to the sh*t-ass Pats and the rookie QB they were rumored to love, in front of Woody’s frenemy and role model Bob Kraft will end the Jets season, drive a stake into the failed Rodgers acquisition, and *might* be humiliating enough to convince Woody to do what he should have done twenty years ago: hire a qualified President of Football Ops. The team cannot function with Woody’s incessant interventions, and he needs to be beaten back, and this is the week to make it happen. A loss here and it forces major changes. And the one change that Woody Johnson needs to make is to remove Woody Johnson from the premises.

Jets fans, suck it up and root for Drake Maye. Root for the evil Patriots. Root for temporary pain. Because without it, the doom cycle will continue forever.

No 

• Upvote 1

The first time I ever cheered for the jets to lose was when they hired Adam Gase.   That was to get a good QB.    I realize that it doesn’t matter and the jets can’t have anything nice on offense.    Ever.

now they have just pissed me off.   I want the team to get blown out every game so they are miserable just like the fans.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FootballLove said:

I'm so old I can recall fans wanting to lose games, and getting angry when we didn't, to draft a generational QB who would save our franchise. Trevor Lawrence I think his name was.

I would give up two number 1s right now for Lawrence and do it in  5 seconds 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

I like the premise, but it’s very hard for me to picture. First they have to hire this HoFO guy, and then have to have him convince top level head coach and GM candidates that Woody won’t be interfering this time? 

Woody lost any chance of attracting top notch guys when he fired Saleh. With Joe Douglas, the organization was at least operating like an NFL organization. Woody jumping in and firing Saleh, and almost certainly going over JD’s head and offering more than what JD was willing to give either Davante or Reddick, who wants to work for that guy? He ****ed it. No one’s coming here. 

Honestly, if anything does it then it’ll be the bold. I think they’ve had a bit of a hard time hiring at points in the past but this year with some really clearly strong candidates and a good roster to take over, when they have a hard time hiring somebody it should be pretty clear what the problem is and how hard it’ll be to fix it unless he takes a back seat.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Listen, Jets are seven point favorites against a Pats team that’s rumored to possibly fire their first year head coach halfway into his first season.  The Jets should steamroll this team worse than they did in their first meeting. 

BUT

It’s in the best long-term interests of the Jets to lose this game. For the first time, Woody’s incompetence has become a national story. It has finally become the conventional wisdom among the fan base. Finally, Woody is taking the blame. 

Losing to the sh*t-ass Pats and the rookie QB they were rumored to love, in front of Woody’s frenemy and role model Bob Kraft will end the Jets season, drive a stake into the failed Rodgers acquisition, and *might* be humiliating enough to convince Woody to do what he should have done twenty years ago: hire a qualified President of Football Ops. The team cannot function with Woody’s incessant interventions, and he needs to be beaten back, and this is the week to make it happen. A loss here and it forces major changes. And the one change that Woody Johnson needs to make is to remove Woody Johnson from the premises.

Jets fans, suck it up and root for Drake Maye. Root for the evil Patriots. Root for temporary pain. Because without it, the doom cycle will continue forever.

The doom cycle will continue forever. Win, lose, or draw.

Learn to love the bomb.

22 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Whats the difference between peanut butter and jam?

Peanut butter and jam with cinnamon bread and slightly frosted on top with a few chocolate chips. And ice cold glass of whole milk. I'm living on the edge baby. I need something in life being a jets fan!!!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s a good point, but there are a lot of 60 year old former GMs out there scuffling with podcasts who might add value as a buffer between Woody and the team. Your Rick Spielman types. Just add one layer of football guy. 

i agree with your OP. since he fired Saleh every HC and ex football player i seen and thats alot said it was wrong to fire Saleh after 5 games. and now it is going horribly wrong. 1st time Woody fires a HC in season and he blew it.

hopefully he looks so bad he will never try this again.

problem is all these 60 yr old GMs your thinking about are lucky if they get a 2nd chance. and i doubt they will risk it with Woody.

Woody did the absolute worst thing he could do when he fired Saleh. he didnt consult anyone. not his HOF QB or his GM. no half way decent GM would work for him. diito for HC

After the last decade of Jets football I'm used to these threads so I don't mind.  Have at it OP but well all KNOW Woody is not going to fix anything.  He's not capable.  The more he tries the worse it gets.

One thing I'd like to know.  How the hell did we win 2 games? AR8 might be one of the worst things that ever happened to this teaam and THAT is saying a lot.  Further, JD fked up the DL so that's another nail in the coffin.  All our talented young players going to waste = lost opportunity cost.  Somewhat ok GM, crap CS, idiot owner....woe  is us! 

I'm happy I'd mostly lost interest and hadn't bought in to the hype this off season.  Vegas knows.....