Where Do We Go From Here?

-Sell everyone on or near their second contract. 

-Fire everyone.

-Hire a Head of Football Operations to rebuild the entire organization.

-Let the HoFO hire a GM.

-Let the GM hire a coach.

-Let the coach hire his staff.

-Use the massive draft pick influx to rebuild the lines around Olu, Tillman, WMcD, and JJ while sprinkling in some skill players.

-Bring in a vet to get killed for a year while we tank for the best QB in 2026 draft to come in around a rebuilt line with a year's experience. 

• Post of the Week 2

In all seriousness, I think the 2022 draft class needs to be traded for picks.  This team is too toxic and these guys are already going backwards.  Trade them while they still have value.  Just load up on draft picks and give the next GM as many resources as we can to rebuild.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Hire Vrabel. Sign Jameis Winston. Draft O lineman. Sign rn stuffing DT.

Vrabel is going to have options.  Plus he's a Patriot and probably still buddies with BB.  He'll give Woody the middle finger.

There is a parable told by a great rabbi about a group of people that were called “the fallers” , because they just kept falling and failing. Then one of them decided that they aren’t falling all the time, they kept getting up. So from there on out they were called the people that “get up”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

As long as we don’t hire another middle aged white dude , all should be great, that’s what I heard when we hired Saleh 

Posts like this belong on a proud boys forum, take this talk elsewhere. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

I don't get the 'fire everyone' and 'sell all the players who are good for draft picks'.   

I mean, I guess I understand the emotion behind it, but that's how you stay bad.  You have to keep the good parts, and upgrade the bad parts.... duh.   

And 'get rid of them even though there is no reason to think we will be better without them, and we don't have an alternative' - that's just playing into the whole we don't have to ever get good, we just need to have a bloodletting every few years to appease all of you.  If you have players that are better than average, you make them the core part of your team, not hope you get lucky on whatever 3-4rd round picks you get for them.

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In all seriousness, I think the 2022 draft class needs to be traded for picks.  This team is too toxic and these guys are already going backwards.  Trade them while they still have value.  Just load up on draft picks and give the next GM as many resources as we can to rebuild.

I want Wilson and JJ to stay. 

Breece and Sauce can peace out. Too soft for a culture rebuild. 

• Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict W0ody does the following:

- Hires a new HC. 

- Lets JD run the upcoming draft, then fires him.  

- Raises ticket prices again.

I think theat we hire a middle of the mill coordinator.

Hire a new GM with a 3 year plan like JD.

And fire everyone again in 4 years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Edgy said:

I don't get the 'fire everyone' and 'sell all the players who are good for draft picks'.   

I mean, I guess I understand the emotion behind it, but that's how you stay bad.  You have to keep the good parts, and upgrade the bad parts.... duh.   

And 'get rid of them even though there is no reason to think we will be better without them, and we don't have an alternative' - that's just playing into the whole we don't have to ever get good, we just need to have a bloodletting every few years to appear all of you.  If you have players that are better than average, you make them the core part of your team, not hope you get lucky on whatever 3-4rd round picks you get for them.

Ok.  Which “good ones” are worth keeping then?  In other words, what’s the “core”?  Because while we have a few talented guys to be sure, they all seem to be cowards.  Not a leader among them.  

I’m not saying trade all of em, but there also shouldn’t be a single player on this roster that’s “safe”, because I’m not comfortable saying ANY of them are worthy of building around.

Obviously JD and Ulbrich are goners. I imagine Rodgers will retire. Reddick and Adams and Lazard will be gone with him. DJ Reed is probably out as well.

Other than that, I do think the vast majority of the roster will be back. The new GM will need to be focused on maintaining the core of the team and identifying the next shot at QB for the Jets. Hopefully to pair with an offensive minded HC that can bring out the best in that kid immediately.

All in all, I think whoever comes next at GM/HC can be successful relatively quickly. This isn’t a bottomed out rebuild like it was when JD took over. There’s young talent all over the roster and the team will be in good cap shape next year. The key will be piecing it all together. Let’s see what the next regime’s got

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

All of their young players have regressed lol only the jets. And they turned a hof qb to garbage.

without hiring the right coaching staff all this stuff is pointless. We get talent, then don’t develop it to get better and regress. Then, let’s raise ticket prices lmao this is insane. Fire everyone but hire competent people or what’s the point? And woody has to remove himself from the day to day, he is an abomination 

• Haha 1

So we have now reached that part of the season where there is nothing left to play for except individual stats so expect them to go on a run of meaningless wins that totally mess up draft position. 

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I predict W0ody does the following:

- Hires a new HC. 

- Lets JD run the upcoming draft, then fires him.  

- Raises ticket prices again.

I think you would look for a team. 

Hire the GM that can work with and have a similar vision as the HC.  

Does Ben Johnson know anyone he is willing to work with in Detriot FO?

Throw money at them.

12 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

I think you would look for a team. 

Hire the GM that can work with and have a similar vision as the HC.  

Does Ben Johnson know anyone he is willing to work with in Detriot FO?

Throw money at them.

No competent football person will ever come to the Jets with the way Woody runs things. You’ve won the Cold War even when the Patriots suck, which is incredible.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

First we leak a story about the queens stadium being ready by 2026.

Then we tell all the suckers that they will have to renew their season tickets on a 5 year plan in order to keep their seats, if not they will lose the rights to them and be entered into a lottery.

Next we start working on the consolation new jerseys to be unveiled at Met Life Stadium in 2027.

29 minutes ago, Crane said:

So we have now reached that part of the season where there is nothing left to play for except individual stats so expect them to go on a run of meaningless wins that totally mess up draft position. 

Wouldn’t worry about that.  This team is going 5-12.