The official if the Jets draft Greg Olsen I'm jumping off a bridge thread

We do NOT, I repeat, do NOT need a pass catching Tight End. That is not the problem. We have our pass catching Tight End in Chris Baker but he has had to stay in and block since we do not have a BLOCKING tight end. A blocking tight end can be picked up on Day 2 or Sean Ryan could play more of a TE role now with Barnes in the fold at Fullback.

If Greg Olsen is drafted by the New York Jets at 25, I'm jumping off the GW.

We don't need a TE at all ,why do so many mocks have us taking this kid ??? I've seen some mocks with the Jets taking Aaron Ross,now this is a kid we need and want.

Many of the mock draft creators look at league-leaders in each category. If we don't have a sack-leader they assume we need a pass-rushing DE (as though we played the 4-3). If our TE doesn't catch passes like Antonio Gates, then they stupidly assume he's out running routes on every down & either can't catch or can't get open. Without Thomas Jones, everyone had us reaching for Michael Bush no later than #37. Yet even though we didn't sign an OLB and didn't extend Hobson, they assume it to be a non-need position or one that Tangini will not explore.

Many of the mock draft creators look at league-leaders in each category. If we don't have a sack-leader they assume we need a pass-rushing DE (as though we played the 4-3). If our TE doesn't catch passes like Antonio Gates, then they stupidly assume he's out running routes on every down & either can't catch or can't get open. Without Thomas Jones, everyone had us reaching for Michael Bush no later than #37. Yet even though we didn't sign an OLB and didn't extend Hobson, they assume it to be a non-need position or one that Tangini will not explore.

I was surprised that they didnt extend Hobson. That, and the fact they signed Coleman, leads me to believe they are gonna go CB and OLB in the early rounds.

just b/c he doesnt fill a need area does not mean its a bad pick, obviously i dont want him here but its not like he is a bad player, he is a top 20 talent

Its a bad pick. He doesnt fit.

If we drafted a 260lb D-line guy, who had tons of talent, would you call that a good pick? No becuase he would be a bad fit for the 3-4.

We do NOT, I repeat, do NOT need a pass catching Tight End. That is not the problem. We have our pass catching Tight End in Chris Baker but he has had to stay in and block since we do not have a BLOCKING tight end. A blocking tight end can be picked up on Day 2 or Sean Ryan could play more of a TE role now with Barnes in the fold at Fullback.

If we tell you that their definitely going to draft him,will you jump off the bidge now inst ead of waiting until the draft??????????????;)

If 124 jumps off the GW bridge at 3am on a sunday night/ monday morning, and nobody is there to hear it... does he still make a sound?

Yes. I will wear a JetNation.com t-shirt while I do it.;-)

I agree 100%. NO TE'S!

good few less trolls

124 is my hero!

I agree,and will support you 100%..you have my blessing..

ps:watch out for rsherryjr,he seems enamored with boom booms idea.:rolleyes:

Easy there BP. I like the idea of drafting a TE. Now that 3/4 of this place would erupt if it happened, I want it to happen even more.

Archived