Jets, QB Tuiasosopo reach an agreement

madmike1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would MUCH rather have Quincy Carter then this crap.

just friggin stop it mike. we know he sucks ok? contract is signed so shut up & deal with it. how many more times do you have to say it. YOU THINK HE IS THE WORST Q'BACK EVER.............WE GET IT

The people who say signing this useless player is a good move are spinning it and just prove that they will make excuses for this FO no matter what they do.

The move isn't as good as the intention is. Getting a dildonis like Tuiasosopo sends the message that they just need a body and don't even want to waste a late pick on one. Tells me that KC has impressed those that need to be impressed.

This tells me 2 things:

(1) they're not worried about Chad/Clemens (particularly Clemens, since it's Chad's job to lose)

(2) they didn't want to be forced to spend a draft pick on a QB.

Remember, they wanted to have someone slotted for every position heading into the draft. They may still select a late round QB, but they won't be forced to do it if someone they really like happens to drop.

This tells me 2 things:

(1) they're not worried about Chad/Clemens (particularly Clemens, since it's Chad's job to lose)

Remember, they wanted to have someone slotted for every position heading into the draft. They may still select a late round QB, but they won't be forced to do it if someone they really like happens to drop.

You're telling me they didn't have enough cap room to sign a serviceable QB to compete with clemens such as Rattay?

You're telling me they didn't have enough cap room to sign a serviceable QB to compete with clemens such as Rattay?

Who knows what Rattay was asking. Ramsey got like $5M over 2 years from Denver & Rattay is better.

For all you know we didn't even give Tuiasosopo a SB and I believe we will be bringing in someone else either a FA or a day-2 draftee. He's no lock to make the team.

Who knows what Rattay was asking. Ramsey got like $5M over 2 years from Denver & Rattay is better.

For all you know we didn't even give Tuiasosopo a SB and I believe we will be bringing in someone else either a FA or a day-2 draftee. He's no lock to make the team.

They are better off drafting a QB in the 7th round.

This tells me 2 things:

It looks like I may have to dig up the "madmike needs to relax" thread once again.

I thought that thread was dead and buried a few weeks back but madmike never fails to disappoint in his disgust for the moves the Jets make.

It looks like I may have to dig up the "madmike needs to relax" thread once again.

I thought that thread was dead and buried a few weeks back but madmike never fails to disappoint in his disgust for the moves the Jets make.

Hell yeah i'm disgusted. this guy is one of the worst players i've ever seen.

Hell yeah i'm disgusted. this guy is one of the worst players i've ever seen.

Teams make signings like this all the time. I doubt the Jets invested much cash in him and he will probably be cut in training camp. No big deal.

Teams make signings like this all the time. I doubt the Jets invested much cash in him and he will probably be cut in training camp. No big deal.
Even if it isn't the fact that they would take the energy to call up the agent of a complete garbage like this and work out a contract bothers me.

Why can't we draft a decent #3 qb? If Brad Smith were a real qb he wouldn't have wr listed next to his name on the roster. Nobody thought the guy could play qb in the NFL last year. He's a worse qb prospect than Bollinger. Now you're ready to put him back there? Based on what? One series in preseason? I don't even think he ever pulled the trigger during any of the gadget plays. Besides, Smith is only 6'2", don't you think he's too short to play qb?

Kellen Clemens is 6'2 (probably closer to 5'11) and yet some of his groupies on this site are ready to name him the next Brett Favre. Don't tell me Smith is too short to play NFL QB when he is bigger and more athletic than our supposed QB of the future Kellen.

I don't see how Brad Smith can be worse than Tuiasosopo. Tuiasosopo is a bottom 5 NFL QB and that is not even an exaggeration. Doesn't anyone remember the stinkbomb he laid in the meadowlands a couple years ago against us? Brad Smith is the only college QB ever to put up 8,000 yds passing and 5,000 yards rushing. How on earth can he be worse than that stinking pile of horse manure?

Kellen Clemens is 6'2 (probably closer to 5'11) and yet some of his groupies on this site are ready to name him the next Brett Favre. Don't tell me Smith is too short to play NFL QB when he is bigger and more athletic than our supposed QB of the future Kellen.

I don't see how Brad Smith can be worse than Tuiasosopo. Tuiasosopo is a bottom 5 NFL QB and that is not even an exaggeration. Doesn't anyone remember the stinkbomb he laid in the meadowlands a couple years ago against us? Brad Smith is the only college QB ever to put up 8,000 yds passing and 5,000 yards rushing. How on earth can he be worse than that stinking pile of horse manure?

#1. It was a joke.

#2. Of course Smith is "more athletic." Athleticism was his strong suit. Quarterbacking not so much.

#3. Smith couldn't be worse than Tuiasosopo? Tuiasosopo was a 2nd round pick. If Smith insisted on playing qb he was well on his way to UDFA status. Only college qb ever with 8,000 passing & 5,000 rushing? What exactly does that mean in the NFL? Maybe you should check with Alex Van Dyke about how those college numbers translate to the pros. Or Archie Griffin.

#4. The guy seems like he can be an excellent wr. Just needs to learn the position. Why bog him down learning the most difficult position in the game when he'll only be used in absolute emergencies and practice? Let him learn to be a wr. Then maybe save a roster spot. Making him 3rd qb we will end up with another Ray Lucas. We'll have a crappy qb and a crappy wr.

#1. It was a joke.

#2. Of course Smith is "more athletic." Athleticism was his strong suit. Quarterbacking not so much.

#3. Smith couldn't be worse than Tuiasosopo? Tuiasosopo was a 2nd round pick. If Smith insisted on playing qb he was well on his way to UDFA status. Only college qb ever with 8,000 passing & 5,000 rushing? What exactly does that mean in the NFL? Maybe you should check with Alex Van Dyke about how those college numbers translate to the pros. Or Archie Griffin.

#4. The guy seems like he can be an excellent wr. Just needs to learn the position. Why bog him down learning the most difficult position in the game when he'll only be used in absolute emergencies and practice? Let him learn to be a wr. Then maybe save a roster spot. Making him 3rd qb we will end up with another Ray Lucas. We'll have a crappy qb and a crappy wr.

That's the most important point right there, completely agree. We don't need to take reps away from him as a WR just to be an emergency QB. The only time he needs to throw the ball is on trick plays. He needs to focus on learning WR because that's where his potential is.

That's the most important point right there, completely agree. We don't need to take reps away from him as a WR just to be an emergency QB. The only time he needs to throw the ball is on trick plays. He needs to focus on learning WR because that's where his potential is.

You and 27 are right on with that assessment.

Now despite the rantings of the pro personnel scouts on this board I assume there had

to be something that Mangini and crew sees in tui that would make them sign him

over all the other QBs standing on the unemployment line.

Even if its the advantage that he is familiar with the AFC the signing is for one year

at the vet minimum and if he proves to be that bad they can cut him before the season

with no cap hit.

They will probably sign another QB before the mini camps because teams usually

go with 4 during this period to not overwork the current QBs. Hopefully they don't

use a draft choice for this and take some FA instead.

Jets | M. Tuiasosopo contract update

Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:44:49 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets signed free agent QB Marques Tuiasosopo (Raiders) to a one-year deal worth $595,000.

What they are not reporting is that $200 OF THAT IS GUARANTEED. If he gets hurt this deal will cost $100 this year and another $100 next year.

What were they thinking?

Archived