Early Draft Prediction: Jets at #6 select....

Barton

they are going to take the best player left on the board and i think thats going to be darren mcfadden

i just don't see the jets giving 20M+ signing bonus to a RB. especially one with suspect character and 4 baby mamas.

i think the jets trade down if possible and try to grab rodgers-cromartie.

they will either take DMC or trade down. DMC could be an absolute freak with a line upgrade.

I am hoping they trade down for some more picks.

The Jets just opened their wallets in free agency by adding NT Jenkins and OLB Pace for their needs on the defensive side of the ball and now turn their attention to finding help for an anemic offense...if the Jets keep this pick, I believe McFadden will be the choice because he has the ability to be a difference maker and that is something the Jets offense lacks.

i just don't see the jets giving 20M+ signing bonus to a RB. especially one with suspect character and 4 baby mamas.

i think the jets trade down if possible and try to grab rodgers-cromartie.

I agree on them not giving that much dough to a RB. There are other intangibles

that no one considers as to why they won't draft him.

First they will have to hire another clerk in the accounting dept to cut checks to

all his girlfriends for their support and for the four babies each month.

Second with the four girlfriends and children wanting to sit in the players wives

section for home games there will be the need for extra security personnel to

stop them from fighting with each other.

It just isn't worth it..............

I don't see why they would take Gholston with a lot of money tied up in the OLB/DE position already. There's no excuse anymore to not take the BPA and let him become a great player somewhere else while they regret it, and that is McFadden. Unless they trade down for multiple picks--which is highly unlikely, considering not many teams are going to want to give up picks plus pay a large contract--I expect them to stay at 6 and take McFadden.

Here is another couple predictions I have:

1. The Jets will not draft McFadden or Mendenhall at #6.

2. They will select a cornerback with their 1st rd pick if Gholston is off the board.

Agreed. I want Cromartie, badly. I honestly dont want a RB, but I think the middle class RB's are much better value than a RB at 6. Wont be mad with Gholston though, although it would really make me question the addition of Pace.

Agreed. I want Cromartie, badly. I honestly dont want a RB, but I think the middle class RB's are much better value than a RB at 6. Wont be mad with Gholston though, although it would really make me question the addition of Pace.

I think everyone is assuming Bryan Thomas will start this year. Lets not forget he got his playing time cut in half in 2007.

I think everyone is assuming Bryan Thomas will start this year. Lets not forget he got his playing time cut in half in 2007.

I guess paying him still bothers me. I really bought into the guy, and Id like to think maybe Pace can push him, although I really doubt it. Maybe if he knows he might get cut(and he wont get a great contract from someone else), his play will elevate again.

In the end, I just want the player who will help this team the most. If thats Ghoulston, take him. If its a CB--try and trade down if you have any takers. Same with a WR. Heck, if Matt Ryan somehow slipped past ATL, and they thought he was the best pick, take him. Its good to know we dont HAVE to pick by dire need thanks to these additions, but that we can go BAP, and if we dont like our options, seek out trading down options.

At #6, Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.

With a Dallas trade down: CB (Antoine Cason) and WR (Devin Thomas) in the 1st. DE/OLB to play ILB (Cliff Avril) at the top of the second.

With a Cincy/Baltimore/Chicago trade down: CB (Jenkins, McKlevin or DRC) in the 1st, WR (James Harvey top of the second), ILB (Avril) with 2nd 2nd rounder.

At #6, Chris Long or Vernon Gholston.

With a Dallas trade down: CB (Antoine Cason) and WR (Devin Thomas) in the 1st. DE/OLB to play ILB (Cliff Avril) at the top of the second.

With a Cincy/Baltimore/Chicago trade down: CB (Jenkins, McKlevin or DRC) in the 1st, WR (James Harvey top of the second), ILB (Avril) with 2nd 2nd rounder.

Wow you are so way off base!!! DE oLB in the first??? we need a fckin offense..did you watch any games last year??

We fixed the lines...now its time for some playmakers.. ya cant assume your going to get bargains in the later rounds at rb wr and qb..

id be surprised if gholston makes it to 6

I agree. I thought Herm would surely take Jake Long but that's not Herm's history. He always went sexy with the Jets and though Jake Long seems like exactly what KC needs I think Herm will not let Gholston pass, if VG even gets that far.

Ironically, the Jets may have a chance for Jake Long (which would present a whole nother set of trade-down possiblities if the Jets decide they have spent enough on the O-line).

MIA Chris Long

STL Dorsey or Ellis

ATL Ryan

OAK Ellis or McFadden

KC Gholston

The Jets will not pass on Vernon Gholston. That is my early draft prediction.

What is yours (pertaining to what the Jets will do)?

they may have priced themselves out of being able to sign a top 10 pick - not that I'm complaining - so I'm guessing they are gonna trade down and get an extra pick or two. Gholston is the only guy I want them picking at 6 personally or maybe Chris Long if he is somehow there. My preference is to trade down and grab WR Limas Sweed or CB Rodgers-Cromartie and use the extra second on WR James Hardy or DE Calais Campbell.

they may have priced themselves out of being able to sign a top 10 pick - not that I'm complaining - so I'm guessing they are gonna trade down and get an extra pick or two. Gholston is the only guy I want them picking at 6 personally or maybe Chris Long if he is somehow there. My preference is to trade down and grab WR Limas Sweed or CB Rodgers-Cromartie and use the extra second on WR James Hardy or DE Calais Campbell.

Cromartie is going top 10.

mcfadden or trade down.

id like to trade down honestly. get cromatie and hardy. or cromartie and mendenhall or stewart. we could get two good players for the price of one DMC.

dont get me wrong though, if we draft DMC i will be one very happy jet fan.

but at #6 it HAS to be DMC or trade.

mcfadden or trade down.

id like to trade down honestly. get cromatie and hardy. or cromartie and mendenhall or stewart. we could get two good players for the price of one DMC.

dont get me wrong though, if we draft DMC i will be one very happy jet fan.

but at #6 it HAS to be DMC or trade.

In the best case scenario the value of the #6 pick will not net the package you are talking about. Mendenhall was the darling of the combine. He is gonna go in the top 15/20. I think Cromartie will go even higher.

If we are talking about the Jets netting two firsts in exchange for the #6 we can only be talking about Dallas, the only team with two first round picks (and at least a rumored interest in McFadden). We should be realistic in our expectations (its more fun that way, IMO, and we wont be quite as disappointed come draft day when the Jets trade and net far less than the guys being discussed here).

I think Hardy will there at #22 (Dallas has #22 and #28) because there are several more highly rated WR prospects, including Kelly and Sweed. And if the Jets are gonna draft a WR at the end of the first round then its reasonable to expect one of these guys to be there. Same with CB. Cromartie, Jenkins and McKelvin are the hot names at the moment (Jenkins was considered the best pre-combine) but Talib and Cason were both great college CBs, something I'm sure is very important to Mangini. I bet one will be ther at the end of the first round. Still, I'd rather use the #28 to take the best available Offensive Lineman (Williams, Nicks, Albert, Cherilious, Baker, Otah - though I dont know much about these guys other than what I've read - they are big and nasty) or Quentin Groves, preferably Groves (I love Groves).

Archived