The Jets draft Mark Sanchez

Irish Jet

How would you react to the Jets picking Sanchez?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How would you react to the Jets picking Sanchez?

• Delighted! Will be the franchise QB we've been waiting for!
    • Happy. We need a QB and he was the best available.
    • Content. Not convinced by him at all but worth taking a risk on.
    • Depressed. Guy sucks, **** this franchise, Same old Jets etc.

I picked happy but content would be a better word. Sanchez looks real good at times, but I think this team needs help today more then anything. I don't think beginning the Rex Ryan era with 4 wins is a good thing..

content

sanchez clemens ratliff >>>> clemens ratliff ainge

as long as we don't rade up to get him, I'm OK with the pick

not thrilled to death either, but I do agree it would be an improvement over our lineup now. One thing I do touted about Sanchez is he's heady and accurate. It does seem a ball control offense is what Rexy is looking for .

I'm torn. On the one hand, the Jets need and QB, and Sanchez (by all accounts) might be a diamond in the rough. Can Schottenheimer develop him? He has shown zero ability so far to get anything out of a young QB. DO we trust him with a potential franchise player?

On the other hand, I'm annoyed because the pick will reek of a Tannenbaum/Johnson ploy to boost PSL sales by selling a fancy, young QB who will look good on the cover of The Post. Meaning, by extension, that the Jets are picking their roster with considerations other than winning football games. Same Old Jets: Selling tickets>Winning.

Sanchez won't make it past Denver at 12. If he somehow falls to 17, the Jets can trade back with Tampa and get an extra pick, a 3 or 4. If he falls to 17, teams will want our pick as Denver would probably take him at 18, where he is a real bargain. With QB now a real need in Denver, we are sitting pretty if we want to trade down. Tampa takes Sanchez at 17 and Denver takes Josh Freeman at 18 and we still have the pick we would have taken at 17 anyway. Any comments?

less irate as i would be over the past few months.

he had a great pro day. so much so that Pete Carrol tried to cover up what he said about sanchez making a mistake.

Carrol said something along the line of "I was trying to toughen him up"

now as for taking him at 17, i think they may have to trade up, i just posted the value chart to show what they would need to do that

Sanchez won't make it past Denver at 12. If he somehow falls to 17, the Jets can trade back with Tampa and get an extra pick, a 3 or 4. If he falls to 17, teams will want our pick as Denver would probably take him at 18, where he is a real bargain. With QB now a real need in Denver, we are sitting pretty if we want to trade down. Tampa takes Sanchez at 17 and Denver takes Josh Freeman at 18 and we still have the pick we would have taken at 17 anyway. Any comments?

I like your scenario. We get extra picks, grab a WR we need and DON'T take Sanchez. What a great day that would be. ::GoJets:

This guy has bust all over him, it takes time to mature into the NFL QB and he has barely played while at USC, maybe in a good system like the colts or the pats he'd be good, but not with the Jets and god awful Schottenheimer telling him what to do

mark sanchez is probably the only first round QB that could help the Jets _this_ year. I like this prospect... if he somehow makes it to 17 would be tremendous value... even drafting him at 11 or so is good value. Could be a face of the franchise type and would be a marketing coup in the NY tri state area.

mark sanchez is probably the only first round QB that could help the Jets _this_ year. I like this prospect... if he somehow makes it to 17 would be tremendous value... even drafting him at 11 or so is good value. Could be a face of the franchise type and would be a marketing coup in the NY tri state area.

I could careless if he's marketable or not I want to win games not sell jerseys.

I need another option in the poll between content and depressed. Something like, "disappointed: not sold at all but willing to take a wait and see attitude rather than driving all the way to joisey to picket the new Giants Stadium."

This would be my dream scenario. A few teams who might be looking QB right behind us. I'd love to see one or two drop, and have the opportunity to trade down a spot or two.

• 2 weeks later...
The Jets needed a QB and they went out and got the best one available in the draft. Yet the naysayers and doubters have found a way to bring negativity to this celebratory day. Only Jets fans would find a way to do that. Pisses me off.

Some JETS fans like having a mediocre team with a revolving door of QB's... and whenever one side of the ball gets Superbowl good... there is no QB to take them there...

Some JETS fans would like to continue building depth and searching for good role players rather than find the franchise QB this team desperately needs...

Look what having a QB with confidence did with Chad here... and he didnt have the arm to back it up... now imagine having a QB who can lead the team and back it up...

Archived