So Who Will We Trade Up for in the Draft?

PS17

Unless teams are willing to take a Bologna Sandwich and a package of Fig Newtons, I can't see what we have left to trade up with.

1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, plus most picks in 2011 draft.

We have no more glaring holes, except maybe DE, so hell, we could trade all 5 picks for one stud.

Suh. Detroit will listen to offers, they are in a rebuilding mode. Last year they picked #1 overall, this year they have #2 overall.

I'd like to see us move our 2010 1st round, 2010 2nd round, 2011 first round and Leon Washington.... to get Suh.

Unless a guy is sitting there that the Jets absolutely want, I see them trading down and acquiring more picks.

You build for today with Free Agency (which the jets have done), you build for tomorrow with the draft, and the jets need more pieces.

The good news is that they are recognized now as a team that teams will look to talk to about making deals, and I would suspect they begin stockpiling picks and players.

Agreed about trading down. We need to fill some depth with young, cheap players now. I'd be happy trading down 10-15 spots from 29 to get another late 2nd or early-mid 3rd rounder. The kind of players we need now don't have to come at 29.

Backup OL

Backup DL

Backup CB

Backup OLB

That's pretty much what we could use. We simply don't have any glaring holes to fill (except maybe K and P ironically).

The Jets do not want to pay to go up in the first round. I just don't think their appetite is there.

Watch Leon being traded for a 3rd rounder, quit possibly, too.

History seems to dictate otherwise. But, who knows this year.

I think if a guy like Berry drops, we'd have to make a call. Pool was a nice addition, but could you imagine what the secondary would look like with him?

I agree that we need to be thinking about depth, but it's obvious that the front office is looking to win it all this year, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to try to add another top playmaker.

History seems to dictate otherwise. But, who knows this year.

I think if a guy like Berry drops, we'd have to make a call. Pool was a nice addition, but could you imagine what the secondary would look like with him?

I agree that we need to be thinking about depth, but it's obvious that the front office is looking to win it all this year, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to try to add another top playmaker.

History seemed to show that the Jets never would touch "character issue" guys with a ten foot pole either.

With the labor unrest, my simple opinion is that the Jets will not like to add deep salary with a high pick, and mortgage any of the future away.

Westhoff needs players, and this draft will be used for that and back-up help.

Because you know in an offseason like this, and in a draft like this, Tanny will trade up for the guy he wants. It's almost inevitable.

Methinks the Jets aren't quite done yet.

I think based on the past that Tanny WILL be wheeling and dealin come draft week.

If we can trade down that would be great. We should get Linval Joseph, (the black Haloti Ngata)...look at his highlight videos....he could play nose or end in a 3-4...simply he is a beast and deserves to be picked in the 2nd round.

I go to ECU, and a buddy of mine actually texted me a bit ago saying something about Kiper projecting Linval as a possibility to us in the 1st. He's got the talent, I think, but it'd be a reach considering how he's been rated IMO. 2nd rounder though? Definitely, and I'd be ecstatic

I was going to predict a trade up to grab Berry but I just don't see how they can afford another top 10 pick with all of the Pro-Bowl contracts with just a year or two left on them plus hanging on to Gholston for another full season.

Maybe they let Gholston go to free up his base salary, trade next years #1 and #2 to move up in this years draft, use original #1 to take Lupati if he's there and let go of Faneca and his enormous contract? I know it's highly unlikely but I'm just trying to figure out how they'd be able to move up to the top 10 while keeping all the current top talent in tact.

I go to ECU, and a buddy of mine actually texted me a bit ago saying something about Kiper projecting Linval as a possibility to us in the 1st. He's got the talent, I think, but it'd be a reach considering how he's been rated IMO. 2nd rounder though? Definitely, and I'd be ecstatic

Linval may not make it 61...with Holmes on board...it may come down to Joseph or Hughes...can't wait until next Thursday...must see TV. :character0282:

Linval may not make it 61...with Holmes on board...it may come down to Joseph or Hughes...can't wait until next Thursday...must see TV. :character0282:

No way he makes it to 61. We'd have to trade down or move back up. I see the 2nd option as likely, IF the Jets get a 3rd rounder for Leon

No trade up. Keep the picks, maybe even get more. If this draft is as deep as people are saying we should stock up on defensive talent, Ryan has a great eye for that sort of stuff, at least he did in Baltimore.

I love the look of our offense right now. A bit of depth on the line couldn't hurt but it's not something I'd be looking to address too early. We have our starting 5 set in stone and they are just about the best in the league.

The defensive line, most notably the defensive ends. I'd like to see us find a way to get Pouha more gametime after his absolutely beastly year last season, I have no doubt Rex will look for ways to get him and Big J on the field at the same time. Still, can't have enough depth in that area.

Defensive backs, get some. We had some real garbage away from Revis last season and it was costly in the end. We'll probably need a safety and a few CB's.

Seriously would consider compiling picks in this draft.

1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th, plus most picks in 2011 draft.

We have no more glaring holes, except maybe DE, so hell, we could trade all 5 picks for one stud.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Mike T is playing Madden right now. One year it's Faneca, T-Rich, Woody the next it's Favre, then LT, Cromartie, Holmes. The guy just traded a 5th rounder for a #1 receiver. Nothing is too crazy for Mike Trader.

Not that I'd like it, but it would be funny as hell if he gave up say, 1, 2, 4 and 6 this year and like a 2 next year.

And you know what, I bet you Detroit would go for that. Sure you give up your solid shot at a superstar but you don't have to take as big of a gamble on just one guy and if you're the Lions after that you totally friggin control the board. Move up, down, all around and grab whoever the heck you want at any time.

Archived