With Taylor signed, who do we draft now?

SouthernJet

Still a pass rusher for future or do we focus on a CB or safety now?

DE (opposite Ellis)... We need to have at least a 3 man rotation at DE with Ellis getting older and DeVito all but a proven starter...

CB...Someone to compete w/Lowery for the nickel spot and to put depth behind Revis and Cromartie in case one of them (god forbid) has to miss a few games due to injury etc.

OL... Get another guy to groom for the future so we have leverage with Faneca and can replace him if he regresses.

After that, if we still have picks, we'll probably target depth at the safety and WR positions...

I believe the opposite.

The jets will trade down and acquire more picks and future picks.

Solidifying team depth and special teams will be the call of the day.

Just an opinion

I agree

The Taylor signing just about completes the last

We are now set at most positions but have some places where we need to improve. DE, S, and LG are priorities. I don't believe Faneca will be around much longer and if Slausen isn't our guy then Iupati has to be considered. We will not trade up for Berry but Earl Thomas maybe. If Odrick falls to us that would be great, however we may have to trade up before Baltimore to secure him. CB depth is important but not a first round pick, perhaps a mid-rounder. No matter how you cut it we have to trade up. We don't have much trade bait so it will likeley be a late rounder from next year and/or a combination of players like Washington, BT, or Faneca.

Here is the likelihood of each possible move:

Earl Thomas- I don't see this happening simply because I don't imagine Rex values this position that much. With Leonhard and Poole it isn't a glaring need but could be addressed in the second round. 10% chance it happens

Mike Iupati- Faneca is just too expensive and old, and I think there is a real chance this could happen. It wouldn't cost as much as Earl Thomas would. 30% chance it happens

Jared Odrick- This is a position of need and value in Ryan's system. Perhaps he sees his next Ngata in Odrick, but this makes the most sense. Recent draft boards suggest he may not be available to us with Baltimore and New England picking before us. We would have to move up to an early twenties pick to make it happen. It could be our plan to move up to Green Bay or Phili's pick with the hopes of drafting either Odrick or Iupati; one of which should be there at that point. 40% chance it happens

20% chance we stand pat or trade down

In recent past the Jets have demonstrated that they aren't afraid to go after the best player at a position despite draft order. We moved up for Sanchez, Keller, Mangold, Greene and I fully expect some action come Thursday.

We're trading up for Berry.

Mark it down.

thats what i was gonna say!

I'm in TN and have watched alot of UT games, the man is a beast I would love it if we could move up and grab him, but I dont think we'll trade our whole draft to get him, I think he'll got top 10.

Still a pass rusher for future or do we focus on a CB or safety now?

Sup Southern,

Im not sure what position the Jets will draft first, which is really a good thing because they have the flexibility to really draft the "best player" at the point of their pick if they wanted. However, I think that its a great chance that for once the Jets can trade back in the draft and get more picks. Given the deepness of this draft The Jets would be set having multiple 2nd/3rd round picks to support what we already have.

It'll also be good because for all the years that we moved up in the draft we had limited picks so there are quite a few positions (specifically the O-line) that if someone gets hurt we're in trouble. This seems to be the year that we can solidify our back-ups while at the same time bring in young, very good talent that can be put in position to become starters in the future.

Tanny is a beast!

What they say can sometimes be an inflated truth or a diversionary tactic. Coaches and scouts will sometimes avoid the player(s) they really covet. When I've done mock drafts, most of the time the best available player is a cornerback, which is not a first round need. Of course anything can happen, but if that's the case I hope we trade down; maybe swap our first for clevelands' second and a third next yr, which would allow them to take McCoy.

We're trading up for Berry.

Mark it down.

I tell you, I have a gut feeling this is exactly what's going to happen. Clinkscales was quoted saying he loves Berry and thinks he might be the best player in the entire draft. I really am with you on this happening.

I tell you, I have a gut feeling this is exactly what's going to happen. Clinkscales was quoted saying he loves Berry and thinks he might be the best player in the entire draft. I really am with you on this happening.

Clinkscales went to Tennessee and played there, I wonder if that affects his judgement. I sometimes wonder if thats why we took Erik Ainge.

BAP. most likely defense. obviously will depend how the board unfolds. Jason Taylor signing makes little or no impact.

I think Taylor does impact the draft. If they were feeling any pressure to draft a pass rusher early, I think that pressure's removed and they can get closer to the BAP strategy you suggest.

IMO, this is a good thing. Those DE to OLB prospects are too risky, but the position is deep in this draft. They'll be able to get a good one to groom in the middle rounds, and maybe get a 3-4 DE or CB who can contribute right away.

I believe the opposite.

The jets will trade down and acquire more picks and future picks.

Solidifying team depth and special teams will be the call of the day.

Just an opinion

that would be christmas in april for me

but I think trader mike can't help himself, and he trades up for secondary help

Archived