The Mad Backer retires.

pointman

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most over-rated moment in the history of the Jets franchise is when that donkey's ass muttered "can't wait" and then a week later got trucked by Rashard ******* Mendenhall FTL.

Good riddance. If the Jets were a circus, Bart Scott was the bearded lady.

Most over-rated moment in the history of the Jets franchise is when that donkey's ass muttered "can't wait" and then a week later got trucked by Rashard ******* Mendenhall FTL.

This

how does one moment relate to the other ?    as a fan since 1982, I rather enjoyed that win

how does one moment relate to the other ?    as a fan since 1982, I rather enjoyed that win

agreed. Bart brought an intensity here that we've never had before and he merely voiced what many of us were thinking after that win. F the WORLD!!!   ( or non believers as he called them)

The moment Bart was asked explicitly about the upcoming game vs. the Steelers and he replied with the taunting "can't wait" it became about the Steelers, and the upcoming game. 

I also enjoyed the win. The celebrating was slapdick, as was Bart taunting the Steelers. Most teams know to 'act like you've been there before'. Not Rex's low-brow Jets.

Bart was great for this new regime. He had an attitude, and a smash mouth style of play. He got old, it happens. I don't fault him for father time taking over. I appreciated him and still do. 

I fault Rex. 

He went after the wrong Raven.

There's no way this team flakes out with Ray Lewis in the locker room. Bart Scott mouthed off a lot, but he wasn't a leader. He sucked.

I fault Rex. 

There's no way this team flakes out with Ray Lewis in the locker room. Bart Scott mouthed off a lot, but he wasn't a leader. He sucked.

Yep, the difference between the Jets and Ravens has been Lewis vs. Scott.  The offenses had nothing to do with it.  GTFO.  The guy played his heart out.  This isn't the time to bash him.  Nobody is trying to annoint him for Canton. 

Yep, the difference between the Jets and Ravens has been Lewis vs. Scott. The offenses had nothing to do with it. GTFO. The guy played his heart out. This isn't the time to bash him. Nobody is trying to annoint him for Canton.

+1

I didn't see his "Can't wait" as taunting the Steelers at all. In fact, the entire team was remarkably quiet leading up to the Steeler game.

Yep, the difference between the Jets and Ravens has been Lewis vs. Scott.  The offenses had nothing to do with it.  GTFO.  The guy played his heart out.  This isn't the time to bash him.  Nobody is trying to annoint him for Canton. 

Ryan's defense got rolled over vs. Manning, then rolled vs. Mendenhall. The DEFENSE quit. It has nothing to do with offense when your prized, vaunted "TOP 5" defense rolls onto it's back and shows the opponent it's belly.

Bart tried to be like Lewis, but all he could do was be a mouthpiece... he couldn't be the heart and soul. 

He can GF himself, he's just like WRex, his mouth wrote checks he couldn't cash.

Bart Scott is hands-down one of the most over-rated Jets of the past 5 years. When Rex made the decision to bring him here it was because he could be a leader, he was anything but. 

+1

I didn't see his "Can't wait" as taunting the Steelers at all. In fact, the entire team was remarkably quiet leading up to the Steeler game.

They danced around like they just won the SuperBowl, then they got sent home the game before it. 

Jets fans need to raise their standards. That was no way to end a season, it was a joke.

Ryan's defense got rolled over vs. Manning, then rolled vs. Mendenhall. The DEFENSE quit. It has nothing to do with offense when your prized, vaunted "TOP 5" defense rolls onto it's back and shows the opponent it's belly.

Bart tried to be like Lewis, but all he could do was be a mouthpiece... he couldn't be the heart and soul. 

He can GF himself, he's just like WRex, his mouth wrote checks he couldn't cash.

Bart Scott is hands-down one of the most over-rated Jets of the past 5 years. When Rex made the decision to bring him here it was because he could be a leader, he was anything but. 

So?  They lost to a better team.  God forbid anybody enjoy a playoff win.  Don't be a bitch. You know the guy will be good on TV and it is probably killing you.  Ray Lewis probably would have retired after 2010 if he had signed with the Jets. I'm glad we didn't sign that murdering scumbag.

So?  They lost to a better team.  God forbid anybody enjoy a playoff win.  Don't be a bitch. You know the guy will be good on TV and it is probably killing you.  Ray Lewis probably would have retired after 2010 if he had signed with the Jets. I'm glad we didn't sign that murdering scumbag.

We lost to a better team? Mendenhall is awful, and he had one of his best career days vs. our vaunted run defense. 

You can rationalize that however you want, but in my eyes it's unacceptable. I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor am I calling you names.

Enjoy what win? The moral victory of beating the Pats only to fall on our faces? Yeah, okay.

I think running around the field like you just won the SB and then not showing up the next week is being a bitch. Me not applauding another failed season is not being a bitch.

I get you don't like Rex/Bart, and it was an awful start, but trying to blame the Steelers loss on the D over the O is absolute horsesh*t.  The D at least buckled down after a rough beginning, but the O was absolute garbage for the entire game, including handing the Steelers 7 points in a game with a 5 point margin of victory.  Not to mention failing to come away with a single point from inside the 5.  Absolutely useless.  The Jets offense scored 17 points and handed the Steelers 7.  The Jets D gave up 17 points and scored 2.  I'm not saying the D deserves to be praised for their play or excused for the issues they had, but there's a major difference between that and what you're trying to push.  In the end, they still played well enough to win with an even slightly competent offense.

We lost to a better team? Mendenhall is awful, and he had one of his best career days vs. our vaunted run defense. 

You can rationalize that however you want, but in my eyes it's unacceptable. I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor am I calling you names.

Enjoy what win? The moral victory of beating the Pats only to fall on our faces? Yeah, okay.

I think running around the field like you just won the SB and then not showing up the next week is being a bitch. Me not applauding another failed season is not being a bitch.

I know that it is popular to think that every year there is one winner and 31 losers, but if you consider that a failed season (and you are far from alone) then I don't understand how football is enjoyable. 

I get you don't like Rex/Bart, and it was an awful start, but trying to blame the Steelers loss on the D over the O is absolute horsesh*t.  The D at least buckled down after a rough beginning, but the O was absolute garbage for the entire game, including handing the Steelers 7 points in a game with a 5 point margin of victory.  Not to mention failing to come away with a single point from inside the 5.  Absolutely useless.  The Jets offense scored 17 points and handed the Steelers 7.  The Jets D gave up 17 points and scored 2.  I'm not saying the D deserves to be praised for their play or excused for the issues they had, but there's a major difference between that and what you're trying to push.  In the end, they still played well enough to win with an even slightly competent offense.

I like Rex, just think he's an over-promoted loudmouth - but I like him. I want to see him turn the corner.

I know what happened in the game, I watched it. Let's look at my ire towards Scott in context ... he boasted "can't wait" and his unit let Mendenhall run the ball almost 30 times on them for 120 yards. Sanchez was 20/33 and had 2 TDs and no INTs, and the lost fumble did hurt us. However, overall it was one of his better days.

The reality is, the offense did what they usually do - but the defense curled up in the ball when they got out-physical'ed. 

All I am pushing is that IF you are going to come out and taunt your next opponent, then you don't fold in the 4th quarter. PERIOD.

If you get the impression that I'm putting the whole loss on the D, that's not my intent. I'm saying the Bart's defense didn't come to play 4 quarters, and while our offense sucked as usual, it is an indictment of the defensive leader when the def tucks tail and quits. The game I watched showed exactly that by the 4th quarter, and the Jets haven't really been the same since.

I'm not saying you have to agree - I'm just saying this is how I look at it, nothing anyone argues to me is going to change my perception. 

I know that it is popular to think that every year there is one winner and 31 losers, but if you consider that a failed season (and you are far from alone) then I don't understand how football is enjoyable. 

It was a failed season, yes.

I get enjoyment out of watching the rest of the league. I love the sport, love everything about the game. I love fantasy sports, and having favorite players around the league at different positions. That's what gets me by... while the Jets do nothing but make me angry. 

So, with that I enjoy football very much. 

I also enjoy the early season when the sky is the limit. I believe in parity, luck and fate. 

I just hate when the Jets blow-up at the end of each season in epic fashion. Seems to be their signature.

Also, on this... in the end, the defense had a chance to make a stop and get the offense the ball back and they could NOT stop Mendenhall. 

In the 4th quarter the Jets offense put together a 4 minute TD drive to make the game close, then the defense allowed the STeelers an 8 play 3+ minute drive to end the game. When the vaunted defense needed to make a stop, they couldn't. 

There have been many close games where REx's DEF curls up like this, not just this one. I think it's a reflection of the leaders on the team when this happens repeatedly. I think Bart is the primary tone-setter for the defense from these seasons where it has happened.

So, I'm happy he's retired. I think he was over-rated. Fine player, but a guy asked to lead who didn't inspire anyone to dig deep... not what we needed.

I fault Rex. 

Nah, Lewis is a scumbag we didn't need to add into the fold. 

Archived