Conservative game plan and Cro sealed the Jets's fate

DRJETS

Also  the first two series set the tone for the game.  Mo missed a safety and failing to make a first down on a third and one at Pitts 2 yard line.  Rex decided to kick a FG.  Herm Edwards himself could not had play a more conservative game.  That four straight run to start the game after last week air out, it was so hard to see.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also  the first two series set the tone for the game.  Mo missed a safety and failed to make it on a third and one at Pitts 2 yard line.  Rex decided to kick a FG.  Herm Edwards himself could not had play a more conservative game.  That four straight run to start the game after last week air out, it was so hard to see.

monday morning quarterback

We never stood a chance in that game. The Steelers aren't as bad as people think, still have an elite QB, still have a mastermind defensive co-ordinator and good pass defence. And they have 13 days compared to our 6 to prepare. It was never going to end well.

Cromartie is absolutely awful this season though, hoping it's injuries and that he can get over his issues, because he's killing us.

I'd argue the conservative game plan came from facing a better defense and Atlanta coupled with having two key players on offense out (Holmes and Winslow) I'm upset we lost but not I'm not crushed. Steelers had two weeks to prepare we had less than a week; NFL should really eliminate these circumstances in the future though. if we make it to the bye week 5-4 or 4-5, we are set up ok for the rest of the season, and I really believe we can go 5-2 or better in the 7 games after the bye. I don't blame this loss on the defense though, if you only give up 19 points, you should win the game in my opinion, this offense may not be very good but we're better than 6 points, and should be scoring an average at 20 pts per game or above.

We never stood a chance in that game. The Steelers aren't as bad as people think, still have an elite QB, still have a mastermind defensive co-ordinator and good pass defence. And they have 13 days compared to our 6 to prepare. It was never going to end well.

Cromartie is absolutely awful this season though, hoping it's injuries and that he can get over his issues, because he's killing us.

Well, Mo failing to tackle Big Ben for 2 points and the third and one at Pitts 2 yard line set the tone for the game. This game was a big letdown from last week air show.  The Jets started this game running on four straight time.  I think Rex thought they could hold Pitts to under 10 points but misfire by Cro's horrendous plays.  The Jets were running on almost every down in the first half and when they had to throw the ball on third down, the Steelers were licking their chops throwing all kind of different blitzes at the rookie.  

I'd argue the conservative game plan came from facing a better defense and Atlanta coupled with having two key players on offense out (Holmes and Winslow) I'm upset we lost but not I'm not crushed. Steelers had two weeks to prepare we had less than a week; NFL should really eliminate these circumstances in the future though. if we make it to the bye week 5-4 or 4-5, we are set up ok for the rest of the season, and I really believe we can go 5-2 or better in the 7 games after the bye. I don't blame this loss on the defense though, if you only give up 19 points, you should win the game in my opinion, this offense may not be very good but we're better than 6 points, and should be scoring an average at 20 pts per game or above.

I'm too, not crushed by this defeat.  Sometime most of us get carry away thinking that we can compete every single week with this kind of offense where there is no playmaker. 

Also  the first two series set the tone for the game.  Mo missed a safety and failing to make a first down on a third and one at Pitts 2 yard line.  Rex decided to kick a FG.  Herm Edwards himself could not had play a more conservative game.  That four straight run to start the game after last week air out, it was so hard to see.

Not so upset at the conservative play calling, Geno overthrew one TD and didnt see Cumberland open for another TD when he threw that 1st pick. I can say that I didnt like going for that first FG but I understand why we went for it. The Steelers usually dont put up alot of points so 3pts are rather valuable. However, and I've always felt this, Its 4th and 1. If you cant get 1 yard then you shouldnt play football. I would have certainly went for it without hesitation. 

Cro however is a very VERY different story. I dont like how he NEVER PRESSES THE WR'S. NEVER! Sanders and whomever else continued to get the inside and Cro simply allowed it because he isnt physical at the line of scrimmage. If there is ANYTHING that we will miss from Revis is that he was one of the most physical CB's at the line of scrimmage. Many think of Revis simply as a blanket, he was much more than that. The reason why many times you never threw his way is because when he pressed the WR he never ended up in the spot that the QB would have expected him to be which made the WR a non-factor. Cromartie NEVER PRESSES THE F'ING WR and its literally costing us football games. 

Lol at blaming the game plan and Mo Wilkerson and Rex, etc. can we just say it? Can we admit out loud what was the absolute and only real reason we lost this game? Or is this cow too sacred?

WRs were open. Very open. I'm 15 rows off the field lower level. Gates Kelley Cumberland, they all had free runners today, but never got the ball. Passes were short of, or behind the receivers, and thrown way too late. Still a halfway decent pass gets Hill an easy deep TD...he had three full steps on the nearest DB. THEN SCORING SIX TOTAL POINTS AND TWO PICKS INSIDE THE RED ZONE. One pick into triple coverage to Conrad Rueland. Geno smith lost us this game. Him, no one else. Geno. Call it like it is. He was crap today.

Not so upset at the conservative play calling, Geno overthrew one TD and didnt see Cumberland open for another TD when he threw that 1st pick. I can say that I didnt like going for that first FG but I understand why we went for it. The Steelers usually dont put up alot of points so 3pts are rather valuable. However, and I've always felt this, Its 4th and 1. If you cant get 1 yard then you shouldnt play football. I would have certainly went for it without hesitation. 

Cro however is a very VERY different story. I dont like how he NEVER PRESSES THE WR'S. NEVER! Sanders and whomever else continued to get the inside and Cro simply allowed it because he isnt physical at the line of scrimmage. If there is ANYTHING that we will miss from Revis is that he was one of the most physical CB's at the line of scrimmage. Many think of Revis simply as a blanket, he was much more than that. The reason why many times you never threw his way is because when he pressed the WR he never ended up in the spot that the QB would have expected him to be which made the WR a non-factor. Cromartie NEVER PRESSES THE F'ING WR and its literally costing us football games. 

I understand your point.  I was making the point that I was disappointed after the expectation from last week.  I thought we had something going throwing the ball even with our mediocre receiving corps.  The third and one at Pitts 2 yard line was a killer.  They are ranked 25 against the run and we are top 5 running the ball if we cant get a yard there then we were going to lose anyway.  My point was that the first few series of the game really set the tone for the game.  After this week, Cro definitely will be number 104 out of 104 CB.  He has been killing us all year.  

I understand your point.  I was making the point that I was disappointed after the expectation from last week.  I thought we had something going throwing the ball even with our mediocre receiving corps.  The third and one at Pitts 2 yard line was a killer.  They are ranked 25 against the run and we are top 5 running the ball if we cant get a yard there then we were going to lose anyway.  My point was that the first few series of the game really set the tone for the game.  After this week, Cro definitely will be number 104 out of 104 CB.  He has been killing us all year.  

You cannot get wound up about rankings. Close to the goal line defenses pack it in. You play into their hands by running the ball between the tackles. That is a HC decision, not an OC decision. There is a definite myopia to Wrecks, that there's something important about runnig the ball when increasingly this is a passing league. He either doesn't trust Smith or he likes trying to win by running. Either way it's bad scared losing football. 

Wrecks fault.

Couldn't have said it better, though I know you are being sarcastic, I am not. The game plan was what it was, good enough to win, if executed properly which Geno Smith did NOT do. Wilkerson not getting the safety early hurt as it could have given the defense a lift, because the offense looked dreadful. Geno looked scared at times. Big bad Steelers make the Jets wet themselves every time.

Enough with geno excuses. He played like garbage. The hof defensive genius didn't make him miss a wide open Hill on a sure td or throw into triple coverage. With all due respect, that's silly.

Our safeties had two guys to cover; Brown and Miller. They couldn't do it. It's really that simple.

Geno got beat by a HOF defensive genius. It was to be expected

Enough with geno excuses. He played like garbage. The hof defensive genius didn't make him miss a wide open him on a sure td or throw into triple coverage. With all due respect, that's silly.

cro ?

19 wasn't the problem, it was the 6

waaaaay to many 4-5  play drives by the O, defense started to wear down.  why did they go away from goodson in space and ivory on power between the tackles ?  move the chains, eat clock, rest the defense

the game probably is much different down the stretch if geno hits hill for the 60 yard bomb, sometimes it's just that simple

steelers hit their bomb, jets missed

Our safeties had two guys to cover; Brown and Miller. They couldn't do it. It's really that simple.

Geno got beat by a HOF defensive genius. It was to be expected

If the score was 27-24 you would have a valid point.  They scored 6 points.   How many 6-3 games do you think you are going to win?

When they win: "Rex is amazing, holding this team together by sheer force of will!"

When they lose: "The quarterback sucks."

When they win Rex says ''This is a great resilient team''

When they lose Rex says ''We're not good enough to make mistakes like that''

Archived