There is not enough talk about missing out on OBJ bec of that last game at Miami.

Jetsbb

The memories fade and the consequences get forgotten but it is a fact if the Jets lost that last game at Miami OBJ would be on the Jets right now. People are talking about him as becoming one of the best WR in the history of the NFL and yet there is no commiseration that he should be a Jet right now. The Jets would have leaped frog several teams on SOS if they got to 7-9 including the Giants. The talk all predraft was how high the Jets were on OBJ and that they would take him without a doubt if he fell to them. This is just one example of why you root like hell for your team to lose out when your 2-11. These games matter A LOT!

You're assuming that the Jets would have drafted ODB. I would've punched somebody if they passed on him but they did pass on Cooks, who was another pretty good WR prospect (although no where near the talent that ODB isie) for Pryor.

They would have taken him. There Is no assumption on my part. The need was huge and they viewed him as a complete WR. He was the Jets target if you listened too all the predraft buzz.

They would have taken him. There Is no assumption on my part. The need was huge and they viewed him as a complete WR. He was the Jets target if you listened too all the predraft buzz.

Just like they took all the other offensive talent in prior drafts under Rex's watch.

The majority of the fanbase was happy with that win. What would they give now to have OBJ instead of Pryor? The funny thing is that many of them don' t even realize what it led to.

And when he missed the 1st 4 games because of the hammy - he would have been labeled a bust by the same fanbase  and probably would be playing specials while Rex's vaunted offense rolled out David Nelson.

The funny thing is that many of them don' t even realize what it led to.

That's because no one knows what it led to.

Personally, I think Idzik had his eye set on Aaron Donald to round out our defensive line, and flipped out when St Louis took him at 13.  And that's not an assumption, that's FACT.

So thank goodness we won!!!

It was clear they were taking OBJ. Do you even pay attention in the offseason?

Pay attention to what?  It was clear that Pryor was a ridiculous pick, yet he was still the name they called.

There were 10 guys we could have picked that would have been better than Pryor that were still on the board.  You can screw up any draft pick, no matter how high.  Why not hope for a smarter GM, as opposed to more losses?

Looks like we went from not enough to way too much in quite the hurry.

Let me get this straight, the purpose of this thread is to call out Jet fans who were glad to see the team win a game? Is that right? Because I'm not seeing a lot of value in that.

And I was rooting for them to lose yesterday, and had nothing but a laugh when The Terminator scored that TD. What are you gonna do?

I'm rooting for "meaningless wins" the last two weeks, though. If the Jets can knock the Pats out of the #1 seed, that would be huge. And any day the fish lose is a good day. I'll contentedly take the higher draft pick if they lose out, but I will root for them to win those division games.

Maybe next year we'll have a GM who can execute a trade when he's on the clock. That would be nice.

Let me get this straight, the purpose of this thread is to call out Jet fans who were glad to see the team win a game? Is that right? Because I'm not seeing a lot of value in that.

And I was rooting for them to lose yesterday, and had nothing but a laugh when The Terminator scored that TD. What are you gonna do?

I'm rooting for "meaningless wins" the last two weeks, though. If the Jets can knock the Pats out of the #1 seed, that would be huge. And any day the fish lose is a good day. I'll contentedly take the higher draft pick if they lose out, but I will root for them to win those division games.

Maybe next year we'll have a GM who can execute a trade when he's on the clock. That would be nice.

The only caveat with that scenario might be to convince the idiot owner that Rex Ryan can change and give him another year for not losing to NE and Miami-remember the last time a Jets head coach lost to the Fins on the last day of the season Johnson had his GM fire the guy at 3 in the morning. Mangini deserved at least another year.

Happy someone else noticed this.  Hey man, If I never had anything to do with the draft and then became a GM I would be too scared to trade too. 

Regarding OBJ - He was the guy we all wanted in the draft forum. It sucked to see him rise so much. It was even worse when we realized what that Miami game did to us. Pretty similar to the Matt Ryan situation.  I could see people upset with our team for that. 

I think whats worse is we may not have taken Beckham. Since Rex is here we simply dont draft offense in the first round outside of QB. I just think his personality is the biggest in the room and he just gets his way every year. I look forward to him leaving. 

The memories fade and the consequences get forgotten but it is a fact if the Jets lost that last game at Miami OBJ would be on the Jets right now. People are talking about him as becoming one of the best WR in the history of the NFL and yet there is no commiseration that he should be a Jet right now. The Jets would have leaped frog several teams on SOS if they got to 7-9 including the Giants. The talk all predraft was how high the Jets were on OBJ and that they would take him without a doubt if he fell to them. This is just one example of why you root like hell for your team to lose out when your 2-11. These games matter A LOT!

No, it has been brought up plenty. 

The only caveat with that scenario might be to convince the idiot owner that Rex Ryan can change and give him another year for not losing to NE and Miami-remember the last time a Jets head coach lost to the Fins on the last day of the season Johnson had his GM fire the guy at 3 in the morning. Mangini deserved at least another year.

No, he had one more year than he deserved.

you are assuming idzik would have drafted him

you are assuming that if idzik had drafted him, his knee would not be blown out on a goal line drill in August

you are assuming he would have a QB to throw to him

maybe that's why there is not enought talk about it ?

oh and don't forget how the jets missed out on manning.  where is the outrage on that ?

To be fair, I was at that Miami game, and the memory of watching Dolphins fans cry after the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs may legit be worth losing out on Beckham.

This. I had a few Dolphin fans at my house for the game, all had their jerseys on, all were talking trash. Loved every minute of that game, and the tears that followed. 

Here's to hoping it happens again this year. 

To be fair, I was at that Miami game, and the memory of watching Dolphins fans cry after the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs may legit be worth losing out on Beckham.

Yea that's worth a hall of fame WR for a decade. At least we get to see Pryor whiff on some more tackles before he gets cut. Lets go Jets!!!!! 3-13 BABY!!!!!!!

Mangini got fired after going 9-7.

Rex hasn't had a winning season in 4 years and is still HC of NYJ's.

Brett Favre went 8-3.

Without a healthy Brett Favre, Mangini was 5-16 in his last two years with that amazing team he allegedly built. He sucked.

Archived