Rex already tempering re: Revis

DaBallhawk

Indirectly, of course so it's perfectly fine to say.

"I'm not going to get into specifics on Revis because some team will get you for tampering, you know what I mean? His work ethic is unbelievable and his competitiveness, but if I say any more things...He's under contract with a team. I'll get in trouble. You know that. They're going to turn me in for tampering and I'm trying to avoid that."

I guess if Woody came out saying after a game he paid the refs a certain amount of money for certain calls to make, that would be fine too. As long as he doesn't say we bribed them.

Also, Rex used the opportunity to basically say Woody didn't want to fire him and that really, it's all on "John".

"Woody Johnson, I know, never wanted to fire me, but when you win four games, that's what happens in this league. I know John had a plan, but obviously that plan never worked out."

Can't wait til we play the Bills...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/super-bowl/rex-ryan-would-love-to-have-darrelle-revis-but-can-t-say-it-1.9881790

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its funny, our coach in 1997 only focused on the Jets once he was hired, and wouldn't really answer any questions about the Patriots. he would continue to say I dont work there anymore, I work here. but then again he actually had a track record for turning around sh*tty teams. Rex really has no track record, despite what his acolytes on  here say about him.

Oh and.....

WE NEED MORE REX THREADS!!!!

I guess if Woody came out saying after a game he paid the refs a certain amount of money for certain calls to make, that would be fine too. As long as he doesn't say we bribed them.

Also, Rex used the opportunity to basically say Woody didn't want to fire him and that really, it's all on "John".

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/super-bowl/rex-ryan-would-love-to-have-darrelle-revis-but-can-t-say-it-1.9881790

They're allowed to say nice things about other players.  They're not allowed to say "I'd love to have him on my team".

Rex can't move on, but we're supposed to. Just like Revis in Tampa, these insecure types just take it personal, to the point where rewriting history to save face trumps the here and now.

Amazing.

They're allowed to say nice things about other players.  They're not allowed to say "I'd love to have him on my team".

Coaches, Owners etc. say that all the time about great players like CJ, Peterson, Peyton/Brady etc. in fact Rex has said in the past how he'd love to have Brady on his team. Something along those lines, I don't have the exact quote right now.

Rex can't move on, but we're supposed to. Just like Revis in Tampa, these insecure types just take it personal, to the point where rewriting history to save face trumps the here and now.

Amazing.

That's his MO. Huge ego, loves to credit himself with success stories that he had nothing to do with, whether it's drafting guys, developing guys, winning games or whatever. And when it's time to man up he's nowhere to be found. His big mouth has always written checks his ass wasn't able to cash.

Its funny, our coach in 1997 only focused on the Jets once he was hired, and wouldn't really answer any questions about the Patriots. he would continue to say I dont work there anymore, I work here. but then again he actually had a track record for turning around sh*tty teams. Rex really has no track record, despite what his acolytes on  here say about him.

Oh and.....

Let it go Jim. He can't hurt you anymore. 

The only things I want to read about Rex are when we destroy the Bills twice next year and after he's fired.

Here, let me spoil it for you:

1st loss: "Shoot, I thought we had it, man. Our defense played lights out, but we struggled a bit on offense and when you turn the ball over that many times it doesn't matter how good or great or whatever your defense is, you're going to lose."

2nd loss: "Thought we had a hell of a chance to win that game...Coaches did a great job but we couldn't make that one play you know. Defense shut them down, we ran the ball down their throat on offense but for whatever reason we just couldn't pull it together there at the end. More sacks than the Jets, we had more yards on offense, just couldn't make that one turnover that decided the game. We make that pick there and we win that game, there's no doubt in my mind. But hats off to them."

After being fired: "I mean shoot, it sucks to be fired, it's embarrassing but I know for a fact the Pegula's didn't want to fire me. That guy (Whaley) had his own long term vision and obviously his plan didn't work out. There's other opportunities for me don't worry, you'll see me again."

There you have it.

"Woody Johnson, I know, never wanted to fire me, but when you win four games, that's what happens in this league. I know John had a plan, but obviously that plan never worked out."

What an absolute mook.  Totally true colors come out.  As they say when you face adversity the real person comes out.  I am so glad this buffoon is gone and better yet he feels he has done everything right, right down to his coaching staff and how he coaches.  Idzik still may be here good or bad if Rex would have had his ass kicked out the door two years earlier when he should have.

1st loss: "Shoot, I thought we had it, man. Our defense played lights out, but we struggled a bit on offense and when you turn the ball over that many times it doesn't matter how good or great or whatever your defense is, you're going to lose."

2nd loss: "Thought we had a hell of a chance to win that game...Coaches did a great job but we couldn't make that one play you know. Defense shut them down, we ran the ball down their throat on offense but for whatever reason we just couldn't pull it together there at the end. More sacks than the Jets, we had more yards on offense, just couldn't make that one turnover that decided the game. We make that pick there and we win that game, there's no doubt in my mind. But hats off to them."

After being fired: "I mean shoot, it sucks to be fired, it's embarrassing but I know for a fact the Pegula's didn't want to fire me. That guy (Whaley) had his own long term vision and obviously his plan didn't work out. There's other opportunities for me don't worry, you'll see me again."

There you have it.

Awesome!

Its funny, our coach in 1997 only focused on the Jets once he was hired, and wouldn't really answer any questions about the Patriots. he would continue to say I dont work there anymore, I work here.

And the Parcells fairy tale keeps growing larger still... ;)

http://articles.courant.com/1997-09-11/sports/9709110301_1_patriots-and-carroll-pete-carroll-super-bowl

The circumstances in which Carroll and Parcells will match wits again are unique: Parcells led the Patriots to the Super Bowl last season. A coach has never taken a team to the Super Bowl and coached against that team the next season. Not even a stoic like Parcells can ignore the ramifications.

``There's obviously going to be some emotion, I'm not denying that,'' Parcells said from Hempstead, N.Y. ``I have to try to keep myself from getting distracted.''

Parcells chose to leave the Patriots because he lost complete control of personnel matters. He has complete control with the Jets and is faced with a rebuilding project similar to the one he undertook in 1993 with the Patriots.

Parcells left behind a team he built virtually from scratch and, he said, a piece of himself.

``You don't put as much blood into that situation as I did there and not leave part of you,'' he said. ``You always leave a part of yourself wherever you've been.''

There you have it.

=D>  =D>  =D>

And the Parcells fairy tale keeps growing larger still... ;)

http://articles.courant.com/1997-09-11/sports/9709110301_1_patriots-and-carroll-pete-carroll-super-bowl

The circumstances in which Carroll and Parcells will match wits again are unique: Parcells led the Patriots to the Super Bowl last season. A coach has never taken a team to the Super Bowl and coached against that team the next season. Not even a stoic like Parcells can ignore the ramifications.

``There's obviously going to be some emotion, I'm not denying that,'' Parcells said from Hempstead, N.Y. ``I have to try to keep myself from getting distracted.''

Parcells chose to leave the Patriots because he lost complete control of personnel matters. He has complete control with the Jets and is faced with a rebuilding project similar to the one he undertook in 1993 with the Patriots.

Parcells left behind a team he built virtually from scratch and, he said, a piece of himself.

``You don't put as much blood into that situation as I did there and not leave part of you,'' he said. ``You always leave a part of yourself wherever you've been.''

Uh he left there playing in a super bowl. when he arrived they were the worst team in the nfl. just the same scenario as when he took over from Kotite with the Jets. hard to ignore those facts. also he didnt talk sh*t about the Patriots (Like Rex is doing ''with that team from new jersey'')

Rex on the other hand inherited a 9-7 team with talent and left here leaving somebody else to pick up the pieces with a piece of garbage product.  Kind of like how Herm left. and hes even starting to sound like Herm now.

Uh he left there playing in a super bowl. when he arrived they were the worst team in the nfl. just the same scenario as when he took over from Kotite with the Jets. hard to ignore those facts.

Rex on the other hand inherited a 9-7 team with talent and left here leaving somebody else to pick up the pieces with a piece of garbage product. Kind of like how Herm left. and hes even starting to sound like Herm now.

lol whatever. You said once he was here he never commented on NE. That it was in the past and he only said he doesn't coach there anymore. That is completely false. NE was on his mind, to the point where he admits to a reporter it's going to be hard for him to not be distracted and that he left a little bit of himself in NE.

You're moving the goalposts with clarifying your comment to suggest because he was more successful in NE than Ryan was here that this entitled him to claim an attachment that Ryan is not entitled. It's bullsh*t, though. And Parcells knew he was quitting here after 3 seasons the day he signed (never mind what he tried to pull with Tampa after quitting here). Don't remember him claiming to have left a little bit of himself with the Jets in later interviews, though. He reserved that sentiment for the Patriots.

So Parcells was a better ex-coach than Ryan. BFD.

Uh he left there playing in a super bowl. when he arrived they were the worst team in the nfl. just the same scenario as when he took over from Kotite with the Jets. hard to ignore those facts. also he didnt talk sh*t about the Patriots (Like Rex is doing ''with that team from new jersey'')

Rex on the other hand inherited a 9-7 team with talent and left here leaving somebody else to pick up the pieces with a piece of garbage product.  Kind of like how Herm left. and hes even starting to sound like Herm now.

Bill Parcells (the coach) is ******* a$$hole who left this team in total disarray after completely fumbling the handoff to Belichick and putting us in pure cap hell and recommending the hiring of Terry Bradway as GM. 

I can't believe any self-respecting Jets fan would have any love for him just as I can't believe any self-respecting Jets fan would support the Mets if they knew the history between the two franchises. 

**** Bill Parcells. **** him straight to hell. 

Oh and.....

I take Rex two afcc appearance with Sanchez at QB than the one afcc appearance by the mercenary Parcell who had Vinny at his QB.  

Obsession is an understatement in this case. 

Oh and.....

Well said

That's his MO. Huge ego, loves to credit himself with success stories that he had nothing to do with, whether it's drafting guys, developing guys, winning games or whatever. And when it's time to man up he's nowhere to be found. His big mouth has always written checks his ass wasn't able to cash.

I agree.

I never have a problem with a man talking bold and brassy. You talk fine but don't be the guy talking loud insulting folks and looking for your teeth on tha darkened baroom floor at the end of the night.

Rex let Sanchez get beat down by late hits and said nothing and we were often manhandled in games.

Talking is nice but you've got to win once you pursue that path. Period.

What Woody should have said was "Anybody would want him on their team" and no charges could have been made. Typical of the Pats though to take an innocent - however dumb - statement and use it against the Jets when they are the worst cheating team in the history of the NFL.

And yes, this is a thing ...

image.jpg

free pic

Archived