Cutting Harvin not an option

DaBallhawk

There is absolutely no way we allow him to hit the FA market. We all know where he'll end up and nobody wants to see Brady throwing him the ball. I don't care what we get in return, I'll take a conditional 7th round pick in 2094 if that means we decide where he ends up. Just don't give him a choice.

I'm sick of the Jets running their franchise in fear and awe of the Patriots. F*ck them. Let's be us.

Has nothing to do with being scared of anybody. We'd be essentially giving him to NE for free. You don't see teams trading players within the division, doesn't matter who it is. It's just stupid, you don't give the team you want to beat more ammo to kick your own ass.

Has nothing to do with being scared of anybody. We'd be essentially giving him to NE for free. You don't see teams trading players within the division, doesn't matter who it is. It's just stupid, you don't give the team you want to beat more ammo to kick your own ass.

No, that's living in fear. Keeping a player you don't need just because you're afraid he'll sign with a division rival that doesn't even have the cap room to retain their own players.

There is absolutely no way we allow him to hit the FA market. We all know where he'll end up and nobody wants to see Brady throwing him the ball. I don't care what we get in return, I'll take a conditional 7th round pick in 2094 if that means we decide where he ends up. Just don't give him a choice.

so by your logic we should keep his massive cap hit and give up high 4th rounder just so he doesnt go to the patriots....not a smart way to run a franchise. Marshall is cheaper and a better wide reciever

No, that's living in fear. Keeping a player you don't need just because you're afraid he'll sign with a division rival that doesn't even have the cap room to retain their own players.

It's not living in fear, it's being smart. Teams don't strengthen their division rivals. And we don't not need Harvin, he's just too expensive to keep around.

so by your logic we should keep his massive cap hit and give up high 4th rounder just so he doesnt go to the patriots....not a smart way to run a franchise. Marshall is cheaper and a better wide reciever

No, I said I want his ass traded. Somebody has to be willing to give up a worthless draft choice for him, even with his terrible contract. I'd be damned if in a league with teams like the Raiders, Jaguars, Buccs, we can't find somebody to take him off our roster.

No, I said I want his ass traded. Somebody has to be willing to give up a worthless draft choice for him, even with his terrible contract. I'd be damned if in a league with teams like the Raiders, Jaguars, Buccs, we can't find somebody to take him off our roster.

thats a paranoid outlook. Nobody is taking on that cap hit and they know we wont either show It is what it is

I just don't know....

If guys like David Harris are going to get $7.5mm how does Percy Harvin not get $10mm...

Giving Harris that contract would make Harvin at $10mm seem like a steal.

Exactly so we're letting him walk over the difference between a 4th and 6th rd pick.

Exactly so we're letting him walk over the difference between a 4th and 6th rd pick.

The difference is the 10 million that we would be giving HArvin.  Whether he's worth it or not, now that we have Marshal I would rather throw 10 million at Maxwell or McCourtney.

Because the WR market is flooded. 

If I'm to assume that our GM is not a fool...and at this point I"m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (flooded or not) an explosive player like Harvin getting $10mm is nothing compared to a 31 year old, slow ILB getting $7.5.

:rl:

The difference is the 10 million that we would be giving HArvin.  Whether he's worth it or not, now that we have Marshal I would rather throw 10 million at Maxwell or McCourtney.

We can sign Harvin and throw the money at Maxwell/McCourty

Don't disagree - but this is where this ridiculous Harris deal comes in...

If Harris gets 7.5 what are you going to have to pay Maxwell or McCourtney?  $20mm?

No one is paying him 10m. 

The Patriots dont have money. They can't resign Mccourty and are going to lose Revis because of their cap status. They just had to cut Wilfork. 

Harvin wil be cut within the next week. 

Next two weeks, we have until the 19th to cut him and it would be silly not to throw him out there on the trade block before that deadline to see if there are any nibbles.

Don't disagree - but this is where this ridiculous Harris deal comes in...

If Harris gets 7.5 what are you going to have to pay Maxwell or McCourtney?  $20mm?

I'm sure an agent would mention it but LB's and DB's are apples and oranges.

I'm telling you, we are going to spend a lot of money next week on DB's.  A defensive minded coach who used to be a DB and the past few years got to watch his secondary develop  plus seeing Seattle and SF up close twice a year.  Lets do this!

this is pathetic.  He can go to the Patriots if he wants.  He can be their headache.  The Jets shouldn't lose a 4th round pick just because he might wind up on the Pats.  Horrible loser mentality right there.  Harvin will be a gadget player wherever he winds up.  If it's the Pats, so be it.  NBD. 

Archived