Refs are attrocious

BowlesMovement

Eagles are getting away with murder, holding on the offense and defense on literally every play and nothing getting called, Jets have gotten called for less BS, that Marshall fumble should have been overturned. Total horse sh!!. Jets suck balls, and would be losing anyway, but this is garbage. NFL is becoming a complete disgrace. Giants game was the same thing in favor of the Giants. Refs have way too much influence on the games. NFL is becoming WWF

The Jets were flat today but the non-call on the pass to Marshall in the end-zone was a back-breaker and truly would have changed the entire game had it been called.  The penalty was flagrant...Marshall obviously only was able to get one hand up to try the catch and the replay showed the DBs hand grabbing Marshall's upper arm.  Apparently the ref was busy looking at something else.

However, the Jets still had chances and stunk it up.

the pass interference on marshall was bad. idk how it didnt get called. i think the fumble should have been overturned, but whatever....it was a stupid enough play that i was like **** it he deserved it. the personal foul on the sproles tackle was pussy bullsh*t. all that said....the jets flat out played same old jets football today

I try not to go hard at officials after a loss, but Wilkerson was held on basically every single play and the personal foul on Davis for body-slamming Sproles was utter bullsh*t.

This

And don't forget Marshall gets interfered with on damn near every pass his way. Its getting ridiculous . He gets a lot of calls but some of the ones he does not get are just as bad if not worse

Officiating in the NFL is not done by professionals

Instead, high school administrators, insurance executives and car salesmen are paid per diems to officiate a multi billion dollar industry

In general, they are old, out of shape and unaware of the rules. They make dozens of incorrect calls in every game but, since the are the only officials of any major sport who get to review their own calls, they find a way 90 % of the time to confirm that their blown calls were not blown

All other major sports hire competent professionals to officiate their games, the NFL uses incompetent part time amateurs

So why should anyone be surprised when they befoul the entire sport

Offense played horrible Fitz underthrew the rook at least three times. You do not throw a contested pass to a burner likeSmith, you throw it long and let him go get it or it falls incomplete. He threw 50/50 balls to him every time. refs had nothing to do with it. Offense was terrible today.

Offense played horrible Fitz underthrew the rook at least three times. You do not throw a contested pass to a burner likeSmith, you throw it long and let him go get it or it falls incomplete. He threw 50/50 balls to him every time. refs had nothing to do with it. Offense was terrible today.

you do realize that the refs can be bad and Fitz can also be bad? They're not mutually exclusive of each other. 

Speaking of atrocious officiating, Demaryius Thomas just fumbled and Detroit took it back for a TD, except wait no nevermind one of Triplette's merry band of morons blew the play dead, so instead Detroit gets the ball at the 29. PTSD flashbacks to the Cutler strip/score that wasn't from MNF last season.

Speaking of atrocious officiating, Demaryius Thomas just fumbled and Detroit took it back for a TD, except wait no nevermind one of Triplette's merry band of morons blew the play dead, so instead Detroit gets the ball at the 29. PTSD flashbacks to the Cutler strip/score that wasn't from MNF last season.

I'll always think of that play whenever I see that... Could have changed that whole game. Instead we lost the 2nd of what formed into a 9 game losing streak.

Bad calls are like traffic lights. People only remember the red ones they hit.

VIDEO LOADING

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
WATCH MORE VIDEOS
REPLAY

Blandino breaks down hit on Cam
Watch more videos >
watermark.png

Cam Newton doesn't understand why the Saints weren't called for a personal foul on a potential late hit during the Panthers' 27-22 win Sunday. And he really doesn't understand the explanation he got from official Ed Hochuli after the play. 

"The response I got was: 'Cam you're not old enough to get that call.' . . . I didn't think you had to have seniority to get a personal foul or anything like that," Newton said in his post-game press conference. 

Newton added that he was "ticked off" at the explanation. He went on to say that everyone has to be accountable, and pointed out that a personal foul on a similar play was called in favor of Saints quarterback Luke McCown earlier in the game. 

NFL spokesman Michael Signora defended the call.

"The officials make decisions based upon the play on the field, and no other factors. On the play in question, there is no roughing the passer because the quarterback is out of the pocket and a runner, and no unnecessary roughness because the contact is not late," Signora said in a statement. 

NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino echoed that stance Monday on NFL HQ

"Cam was outside the pocket and he threw the ball on the run," he told NFL Network, adding that Hochuli told him he didn't say anything of the sort to Cam. "There's different protections for a quarterback that is running outside the pocket versus inside the pocket. Outside the pocket, you don't get the two step protection. When you look at the play, Cam threw on the run. There was some contact; it wasn't late and it wasn't a foul." 

Whether it was a bad call or not, Newton said the explanation bothered him more than anything.

"Heaven forbid (Hochuli) get any rookies," Newton said. "They are going to have a long day, man."

VIDEO LOADING

WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
WATCH MORE VIDEOS
REPLAY

Blandino breaks down hit on Cam
Watch more videos >
watermark.png

Cam Newton doesn't understand why the Saints weren't called for a personal foul on a potential late hit during the Panthers' 27-22 win Sunday. And he really doesn't understand the explanation he got from official Ed Hochuli after the play. 

"The response I got was: 'Cam you're not old enough to get that call.' . . . I didn't think you had to have seniority to get a personal foul or anything like that," Newton said in his post-game press conference. 

Newton added that he was "ticked off" at the explanation. He went on to say that everyone has to be accountable, and pointed out that a personal foul on a similar play was called in favor of Saints quarterback Luke McCown earlier in the game. 

NFL spokesman Michael Signora defended the call.

"The officials make decisions based upon the play on the field, and no other factors. On the play in question, there is no roughing the passer because the quarterback is out of the pocket and a runner, and no unnecessary roughness because the contact is not late," Signora said in a statement. 

NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino echoed that stance Monday on NFL HQ

"Cam was outside the pocket and he threw the ball on the run," he told NFL Network, adding that Hochuli told him he didn't say anything of the sort to Cam. "There's different protections for a quarterback that is running outside the pocket versus inside the pocket. Outside the pocket, you don't get the two step protection. When you look at the play, Cam threw on the run. There was some contact; it wasn't late and it wasn't a foul." 

Whether it was a bad call or not, Newton said the explanation bothered him more than anything.

"Heaven forbid (Hochuli) get any rookies," Newton said. "They are going to have a long day, man."

Thats crazy. 

That call against Cincy/Eifert looked pretty bad. Sure looked like a TD to me. 

Cam was clearly outside the tackles, but Hochuli (despite denials) must have said something to Cam. I doubt he had that immediate reaction in anticipation of an attempt to falsely accuse Hochuli later. Looked like a legit, WTF reaction to me and merely saying he was outside the tackles wouldn't have likely elicited that reaction that fast. And nobody likes Hochuli anyway. 

the thing that frustrates me is replay, it wastes so much time and they still miss obvious calls like the marshall fumble.  I want replay gone.

They usually get it right. 

It's either a fumble or it's not - his elbow was down or it wasn't - but I'm more sympathetic if it just popped out and that bad call was made. Truth is his goal was to cough it up not keep it. It shouldn't matter, but I wonder if it played a part in making the call (or more correctly, not overturning the call).

Of course Marshall could have just hit the turf and cradled the ball like on his other 800 NFL receptions, and not tried to flip it with 2 defenders between him and his nearest teammate. Controversy averted. 

They usually get it right. 

It's either a fumble or it's not - his elbow was down or it wasn't - but I'm more sympathetic if it just popped out and that bad call was made. Truth is his goal was to cough it up not keep it. It shouldn't matter, but I wonder if it played a part in making the call (or more correctly, not overturning the call).

Of course Marshall could have just hit the turf and cradled the ball like on his other 800 NFL receptions, and not tried to flip it with 2 defenders between him and his nearest teammate. Controversy averted. 

Marshall deserved to lose it but they still could make the right call especially when it is as clear as it was.  that's not why we lost, it was a bonehead play and we still had chances but it was frustrating.

I just can't stand replay. 

Jets as they are constructed are not a team that can overcome f*cking horrible refereeing. This game is COMPLETELY different if these morons would have just done there jobs!

1- I have never seen so many replays of our guys being held & grabbed by the Eagle Oline. It was constant & the refs just turned away. F*cking NFL can't have Chip & the Eagles at 0-3, bad for business & future ratings of primetime games!

2- The personal foul on Davis, just embarrassing for this league. How many times in his career has Sproles spun out of a tackle for a highlight film? So now it's a penalty to throw a guy down that is a relentless squirmer trying to break free?

3- The Marshall fumble. Sure it was Stupid but that doesn't make it unreversable. Clearly the ball is still in his hand when his forearm is on the ground. Amazing how these f*ckheads protect each other's calls when there too "close". 

4- Marshall mugged in the endzone! I screamed WTF when I saw the play live & I was completely BESIDE MYSELF when they showed the replays & you see the defender pulling Marshall's shoulder back so hard that he couldn't get off the ground.

That's 4 horrible calls! 17 points! Forget about how Bradford would have gotten crushed a few times had the Eagles not been able to hold on to guys for dear life!  We lost by 7 points with 3 legit turnovers. NFL should be ashamed of themselves for the way that game was refereed, makes me wonder if this league is fixed.

Another week, another horribly one sided officiated game against the Jets. Two completely uncatchable passes called PI, and Marshalls in the end zone not called. Wilk getting dragged down by facemask, no call. At least 11 points towards the dolphins already in the first half. Total bs.

Archived