Romo Presser in Dallas

AFJF

Dude was all class in addressing his status as a back-up QB.  Acknowledged that it's frustrating but he "has Dak's back" moving forward because he doesn't want to be a distraction to the team.  Don't expect to see any sad face selfies from Romo if Dak struggles.

THAT is how a leader conducts himself.

Hats off to Romo.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Dude was all class in addressing his status as a back-up QB.  Acknowledged that it's frustrating but he "has Dak's back" moving forward because he doesn't want to be a distraction to the team.  Don't expect to see any sad face selfies from Romo if Dak struggles.

Hats off to Romo.

I will say the same thing. Romo is a classy dude. Apparently his time in Dallas is coming to an end. If I trusted his health, I would be all for signing him but I think he is too brittle to play at an elite level. If he stays healthy and goes to a team like Cardinals or Broncos, he might get to the Superbowl. 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

I will say the same thing. Romo is a classy dude. Apparently his time in Dallas is coming to an end. If I trusted his health, I would be all for signing him but I think he is too brittle to play at an elite level. If he stays healthy and goes to a team like Cardinals or Broncos, he might get to the Superbowl. 

Agreed....dude has been out for huge chunks of time each of the last three times somebody put a hand on him.  In terms of character, he's about as good as it gets.  He gets a sh*tty rep too...much better QB than most are willing to admit.

I have always loved the guy.  Always thought he got too much sh*t for Wade Phillip's head coaching decisions and poor Dallas defenses.  When healthy, he's one of the best.  I still think he's that good.  If he were willing to change that contract around to include some injury clauses, I'd take the guy in a heartbeat.

Lol, he's a guy who had great success taking a backseat to a young kid for the good of the franchise.  

We had supposed leader Fitzpatrick being angry and mean he was benched after being statistically the worst QB in the league, taking shots at the coaching staff.  

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

Lol, he's a guy who had great success taking a backseat to a young kid for the good of the franchise.  

We had supposed leader Fitzpatrick being angry and mean he was benched after being statistically the worst QB in the league, taking shots at the coaching staff.  

He's just a great leader.  Some folks have a hard time identifying those nowadays.

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Damn.  I didn't think I could dislike Fitz anymore than I already did.

Your comment changed that.  

This team needs to cut Fitz now.  Send a message that selfishness and crap play won't be tolerated.  Put Wilk on notice.

38 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I assume there's a subtle Geno attack there so let me remind you, in case you forgot, we started 1-5. Not 5-1. 1-5. 

Nothing slips by this guy. This thread benefits from his completely irrelevant retort.

39 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/15/whats-next-for-tony-romo/

Intriguing options include the Jets, Texans...

Well, if Petty and Hack aren't any good, suppose it's worth a look.  Heck Josh Gordon too.  

Romo to Marshall, Decker, Q and Gordon?  

The definition of high risk, high reward.

Pick up Blackmom too?

43 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Ummmmmmmm someone had to say it... :)

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Hats off to Romo.

Considering Dallas is 8-1 in 1st place and Dak is leading the league in a few QB statistics unlike Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Geno Smith case. 

Carry on. 

Romo is a class act, i just hope when he takes it on the road he goes nowhere near Florham Park.
No more has beens, cast offs or old men, thank you. We either keep trading or keep drafting young guys until we hit the jackpot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I have always loved the guy.  Always thought he got too much sh*t for Wade Phillip's head coaching decisions and poor Dallas defenses.  When healthy, he's one of the best.  I still think he's that good.  If he were willing to change that contract around to include some injury clauses, I'd take the guy in a heartbeat.

yeah coz a 5th QB is really what the Jets need. Although maybe Hack can play tight end?

9 hours ago, AFJF said:

He's just a great leader.  Some folks have a hard time identifying those nowadays.

Lol, he's like a tough parent.  A real back in the day type guy!

9 hours ago, Mike135 said:

This team needs to cut Fitz now.  Send a message that selfishness and crap play won't be tolerated.  Put Wilk on notice.

I already hate him from the missed passes and TDs,  He could insult Bowles wife and mother for all I care if he was actually good, lol.  

8 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmmmm someone had to say it... :)

Lol, it was the first thing when I saw the press conference.  Such drastic difference.  

16 hours ago, AFJF said:

Hats off to Romo.

It's going to be great when the Jets sign him this offseason. He goes on to stay healthy for the entire year, breaks Fitz record, win 10 games and then the Jets committ to him again, only to get hurt in preseason and force Hack into action with zero experience. 

You know it, I know it, everyone knows this is happening.  

16 hours ago, Mike135 said:

But you might upset Decker, Marshall and Mangold.  

Archived