Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gas2No99

Former Jets QB Chad Pennington hopes Todd Bowles gets the chance to turn franchise around

124 posts in this topic

Uh oh. Is cognitive dissonance fatal? 

Chad, come back to us please. Based upon what Chad?

OMFG between the Jets and the Knicks.....

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

My one hope for the Jets is that they give coach Bowles a chance to right the ship, don't pull everything away from him and then make him the reason why they're getting rid of him because of the lack of success," Pennington said. "He is the right guy, I think he showed that in his first year, last year was an anomaly and this year you can see, wow, what a task he has."

This is some word salad, boy.

Chad..... who thought Herm was a good coach.   

Chad set this team back years with his insistence that HE was the right guy.

Chad was a straw man playing in a game with fire. 

24 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Chad..... who thought Herm was a good coach.   

Chad set this team back years with his insistence that HE was the right guy.

Chad was a straw man playing in a game with fire. 

Pretty accurate straw though.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Pretty accurate straw though.

But a straw none the less......    

The egg is turning into a brown nose to get a job? I wonder if his revenge is complete or if he is just gearing up for another round, I always thought he would have made a good coach but that divorce was messy 

Always nice this penny guy

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is some word salad, boy.

Raised in Tennessee and educated in West Virginia, so . . . . he takes the scenic route when explaining things. :D (despite him being a FINALIST FOR, but not being a, Rhodes Scholar; unlike Dollar Bill Bradley.)

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Has Chad watched a Jets game since Bowles been coaching? 

Yeah, the Chiefs game. 

As much as I want to hate on Bowles I have to consider a couple things. His first season he led a fierce Defense, brought a lot of pressure and many different blitz schemes that worked. Last year the secondary couldn't cover in man coverage, couldn't jam receivers at the line for some reason. Revis being one of them. Got burnt early and often and stayed off the line. Wilk didn't play well and Bowles moved players out of their comfort zone on the line. In hindsight a mistake. He had no input on the offense so that's on Gailey. He probably should have made some executive decisions on the offensive side of things but didn't. If he can restore the defense and we get some production out of the new OC we might have a renewed look at Bowles in 2018. If not then Bowles can  get the f*** out.

Hashtag:   ANOMALY

for the love of all that's holy, please let all Chad Pennington talk die.

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you

As soon as someone challenges the narrative of group think folks get bent out here. 

I mean no disrespect to any poster out here, but Chad Pennington probably knows more about NFL football than all the posters out here combined and that isn't an opinion that is probably a fact.

That doesn't make Chad automatically correct, but it does mean that his opinion is one that we should take seriously.

Yup. theres some weird idea that because his career was cut short because of injuries hes a loser who has no idea what hes talking about and isnt qualified to comment on todays game or team

On 7/14/2017 at 10:44 AM, peebag said:

for the love of all that's holy, please let all Chad Pennington talk die.

Why?  He was interviewed and made some comments about a coach who he has knowledge of. 

On 7/14/2017 at 9:23 AM, MaxAF said:

As much as I want to hate on Bowles I have to consider a couple things. His first season he led a fierce Defense, brought a lot of pressure and many different blitz schemes that worked. Last year the secondary couldn't cover in man coverage, couldn't jam receivers at the line for some reason. Revis being one of them. Got burnt early and often and stayed off the line. Wilk didn't play well and Bowles moved players out of their comfort zone on the line. In hindsight a mistake. He had no input on the offense so that's on Gailey. He probably should have made some executive decisions on the offensive side of things but didn't. If he can restore the defense and we get some production out of the new OC we might have a renewed look at Bowles in 2018. If not then Bowles can  get the f*** out.

I am so sick of that excuse for innefective defenses from our defensive HC's that we have had a string of for forever. You want to fix that problem of not having 3 elite CBs to make their schemes work? It's easy. Draft some goddamned edge rushers.  We cry that our schemes don't work and the HCs that run them don't have the corners to operate with. Guess what, there are almost no teams with 2 great corners, some don't even have one. Yet they somehow find a way to play defense and sack the opposing QBs. Get a consistent pass rush and talent at 3-4 DE and 3-4 OLB and don't worry about drafting safeties, Corners and middle line backers.  You can get by at all those positions with average players. You can't skimp on pass rushers.  Priority 1 should be an edge rush combo, then priority 2 is an interior pass rush, then 3 is cornerbacks.  That's all you need to focus your drafting on.  You can always use FA for ILBs, NTs and Safeties.  If a guy like Earl Thomas or some incredible MLB talent like a Keuchly drops to you in the 1st, sure fine, go nuts...but over time the plan should always be to prioritize the critical positions in the draft.  On offense focus on QB, OT and WR.  Everything else (RB, TE, OG, OC) can be league average and you will be fine. But we are the Jets and we seem to focus on getting the best players at non-essential positions.

If Bowles was smart he would hire a game management assistant, a la Dick Curl.  

In season 1 Bowles showed promised but had weaknesses to work on.

In season 2 Bowles was awful and his weaknesses were worse.

To survive during and after season 3, Bowles needs to return to season 1 while addressing his weaknesses in game planning, game management, team discipline and player development.   Lots of weaknesses, but everyone is rooting for him.  He hired better assistants.   The roster is dubious.  I give 3:2 odds he gets fired.  

On 7/14/2017 at 9:23 AM, MaxAF said:

i'm okay with that too.  coaches are pretty disposable but at this point being anti bowles after two seasons is just not quite right.  it seems people are always to give this guy or that guy a break for not having the right players around him but it's the same with coaches.  year one he got tremendous production from marshall, fitz, decker, enunwa, etc.  year two and those same players put up sub par years or were injured.  let's see what he does this season before breaking out the pitchforks and torches.

There were some things I liked about Pennington, but he is a big phony. Always saying the company line