### Jets \ Titans -- Preseason Is Here, Game Thread ###

Maxman

1 minute ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I was at the game and tbh Hack was not as good as everyone here is letting on.  He refused to even attempt a downfield throw, even when he had ASJ wide open crossing over the middle.  He checked down and dumped off the entire game. The play calling also completely coddled the guy.  He didn't suck.  That's about it.   

This

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

got home from the wedding and turned on Sharknado 5. I legit feel like I learned more about shark biology from five minutes of this film than I learned about 2017 Jets football by reading this homer-infested circle jerk thread.

Nobody cares

2 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I was at the game and tbh Hack was not as good as everyone here is letting on.  He refused to even attempt a downfield throw, even when he had ASJ wide open crossing over the middle.  He checked down and dumped off the entire game. The play calling also completely coddled the guy.  He didn't suck.  That's about it.   

TBH, I had expectations of Hack bouncing 5 yard slant routes, so the bar is pretty low.

6 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I mean for his first preseason game... I'll take it... 

9 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Whaaaaaaat??? Are you serious, that mofo missed a play??? Cut his ass!! He sucks, he's nothing, garbage, move the **** on!!!!

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Ok then. What I'm saying is that you have to be able to move the ball, score points right now in 2017. That is if you want to win games. 

^^ Note to the Jets. Gotta score points or it's not for long in the NF****ingL

17 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

I was at the game and tbh Hack was not as good as everyone here is letting on.  He refused to even attempt a downfield throw, 

Really?  You're implying his scripted checkdown nonsense is not Canton-worthy?

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What about the Jets having one of the worst talented teams in the NFL don't some of you understand!!

The Jets are scheduled to win 3 games this year and so any good play is a welcome SURPRISE!

Mariota is insanely overrated and the Titans defense couldn't contain Brooks Bollinger

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

What about the Jets having one of the worst talented teams in the NFL don't some of you understand!!

The Jets are scheduled to win 3 games this year and so any good play is a welcome SURPRISE!

No doubt CB. Thought Hack was the worst QB in the history of the NFL? Thought the Jets were tanking? Yeah, it's preseason but the Jets just competed in all 3 phases of the game against a playoff team. Pretty hopeful 

27 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

No offense, but you could find the bright side of being trapped in a burning house.

"So, guys, we're trapped inside with no way out from our fiery death, but look on the bright side... I found a Snickers!"

I was happy with Hackenberg in part because my expectations were so low. Based on what we saw today it would be shocking if he was named starter. His job was to manage the game and not screw up and he did his part in that. The last drive or two of the 2nd Q were bad but nothing that would have been a disaster in a real game. For the most part he looks like a 4th or 5th round pick which is where the Jets should have been able to get him last year.

48 minutes ago, thadude said:

Hack had a mediocre game facing a soft defense and capped it off with a fumble.  Congrats!

And yet he still looked better than Glennon. Y'know, the QB you were sucking off and crying with excuses for the other night/all off-season.  Fresh off of the 15 million dollar man posting a 0.0 QB rating.

Weird.

Watched Sportsnight and NFL Total Access for highlights. All they showed were his sacks implying they were his fault, a deflected pass, a 3rd down completion well short of the 1st,  the botched snap and a timeout he had to call. If you hadn't watched the game or looked at the boxscore you would have thought he would be cut Monday Morning. I still don't have a ton of faith in him but it would be sweet if he actually turned out to be good and the media had to eat crow. 

Interesting meaningless stat:

• A couple of odd stats, courtesy of Randy Lange of the Jets: The Jets' touchdown drive on their first position was the first time they scored a touchdown on their first drive of the preseason since 2003. And their eight sacks was their most in a preseason game since 2009.

55 minutes ago, thadude said:

Mariota is insanely overrated and the Titans defense couldn't contain Brooks Bollinger

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any dumber, you go and post this stupidity.

Not signing Mike Glennon or Jay Cutler warranted a 5 year old's f*cking temper tantrum out of you, but Mariota is insanely overrated.

LMFAOOO.

2 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Coming out of the 1st preseason game my only red flags right now

1. OLine run blocking

2. Lachlan consistency

Before the game I would have though to have a much larger list.

Good week 1 for a young team installing a new offense with a lot of new players.  Looking forward to more TC reports and next weeks game!

I wouldn't worry too much about #2 . Was at the game and noticed several different styles when he punted , I think they were trying a variety of things on his kicks and I believe it made him look inconsistent. There was one when he sprinted out to the right and kicked across to the left and a few others where it looked like they were trying to pop the kicks up high based on coverage . He did have that one bad shank though which certainly wasn't intentional. 

33 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

No offense, but you could find the bright side of being trapped in a burning house.

"So, guys, we're trapped inside with no way out from our fiery death, but look on the bright side... I found a Snickers!"

I take no offense... :) 

I do believe that there is something positive hidden in challenges and I truly hope that the Jets and their coaching staff feel the same way.

Now give me my dam Snickers!!!!! :) 

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I take no offense... :) 

I do believe that there is something positive hidden in challenges and I truly hope that the Jets and their coaching staff feel the same way.

Now give me my dam Snickers!!!!! :) 

Deep fried snickers to boot !!

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about #2 . Was at the game and noticed several different styles when he punted , I think they were trying a variety of things on his kicks and I believe it made him look inconsistent. There was one when he sprinted out to the right and kicked across to the left and a few others where it looked like they were trying to pop the kicks up high based on coverage . He did have that one bad shank though which certainly wasn't intentional. 

Thank you for the observation.  Hoping to see more of those 50+ punt he put up in the 2nd half.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Wait

The Jets actually looked like a pro football team, and it's a bitch fest for some of you?

Lol

This is what I am saying!!!!

Folks act like we were the 1960's Packers last year or something!!  

The facts are we weren't even watchable last year; we were awful from top to bottom, in practically every phase of the game. 

Now when the Jets play competent complimentary football, when everyone and their mother is saying that Jets are the worst team in the NFL, all of a sudden we aren't dominant enough!

You can't make this stuff up! You can't!!

Not sure how many here were at the game, but one thing I noticed that stood out to me. During tv breaks/timeouts the Dlinemen were running up and down the sidelines in groups . Also on the sideline it really seemed like the team had a lot more interaction than in the past , guys would be pumped to greet players coming off the field for big plays and it seemed like they were more excited for one another. I really think this years team is much closer knit than previous versions . Perhaps the veteran purge was more than just $$ motivated but also was a bit of an emotional cleansing.

Some geniuses on here were expecting/hoping/thinking that Hack would morph into YA Tittle after looking terrible last year. I have been watching football for over 48 years and it just doesn't happen. We shall see how Hack develops. There are 3 more pre season games. Heaven forbid we wait before we declare him bust material. Besides what is the alternative? 

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Not sure how many here were at the game, but one thing I noticed that stood out to me. During tv breaks/timeouts the Dlinemen were running up and down the sidelines in groups . Also on the sideline it really seemed like the team had a lot more interaction than in the past , guys would be pumped to greet players coming off the field for big plays and it seemed like they were more excited for one another. I really think this years team is much closer knit than previous versions . Perhaps the veteran purge was more than just $$ motivated but also was a bit of an emotional cleansing.

I have been saying it all along. Mangold, Decker, Fitz and Marshall were chemistry moves, not $$$ moves or "let's tank" moves. We are finally actually building a team. Its exciting.

Big difference in team speed.  Last season we were obviously slower than every team we played.  Tonight, defense and special teams were flying around the field.  I am not sure if I have ever seen any of our players doing spints on the sideline.  Youth and hungry players is where it's at.

14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I'd love to Visit there someday, according to Ancestry.com DNA, my father's family was from Southern Poland/Northern Moravia

I have gone as far east as Krakow on a previous trip here, Sarge4Tide.  You will not be disappointed.

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Good observation. Thnx. 

Archived