Remember when Rex Ryan built a good defense for the Jets?

neckdemon

Rivers is a very good NFL QB. 14 points and a solid job in the 2nd half is great. The Chargers are going home after the 2nd hald and wondering what the hell just happened. Would like to see better coverage on TEs, but we know ours safeties are a little small and slow, and we miss Bryan Thomas. And the Jets tackled better in the 2nd half. Lots of stuff to build on going into the bye.

I swear, some of you all don't deserve to be considered a fan.

The defense shut down Rivers and the Chargers today, ranked #1 in 2009 and top 5 last year.

How quickly some of you turn, on our greatest head coach since Parcells. It's truly sad.

While I agree that we did shut down a very good defense in the second half, you really need to learn that what happened in the past has absolutely zero baring on whats happening on the field this year.

Could not agree more. I was complaining last night to a buddy of mine about how useless Plax was. Today the running joke were texts from me to him every TD saying " F*ckin Plax! That guy s*cks! " LMAO!!!

It comes with the territory I think

I've been saying all year that they aren't as stout but (because?) they are getting more turnovers. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Younger overall DL + Pouha, at least, amongst Pouha/Devito was due for a little decline coming off his best season.

The secondary is pretty loaded with at least intelligent, know you role kind of guys + Revis was due for some INTs after last year's zero.

I dont think that anyone takes into account the extra games most of these guys have been through the last few years. Scott has played 19 games 3 years in a row. Pouha, Harris, and DeVito have done it 2 years in a row. Thats killer on a body. Some of the fundamentals are bad out there but I have to assume that the poor play from some of those guys (and the win shouldnt mask the fact that Scott and Harris have been dreadful this year) is highly related to that. Scott may never come back since hes older, but hopefully Harris will.

I dont think that anyone takes into account the extra games most of these guys have been through the last few years. Scott has played 19 games 3 years in a row. Pouha, Harris, and DeVito have done it 2 years in a row. Thats killer on a body. Some of the fundamentals are bad out there but I have to assume that the poor play from some of those guys (and the win shouldnt mask the fact that Scott and Harris have been dreadful this year) is highly related to that. Scott may never come back since hes older, but hopefully Harris will.

Hi, we won the game. Just checking to make sure you noticed...

Hi, we won the game. Just checking to make sure you noticed...

One half of good football doesnt change the fact that certain players are not doing well out there. This isnt a bad defense, but its not a great one right now either and these are the real weak points.

Archived