Would you trade Sanchez for Freeman after this season (hypothetically, obvs)?

T0mShane

Trade Sanchez for Freeman?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Sanchez for Freeman?

• Yes. In a second. Give me Freeman.
    • No way. Sanchez is a winner. I'm keeping him.

Freeman has sucked this year and has shown signs that maybe he's not the next Dan Marino. Some have pointed to this in defending Sanchez.

Q: If you're Tannenbaum and Tampa calls you after the season and offers you Freeman for Sanchez, are you doing that deal?

Freeman has sucked this year and has shown signs that maybe he's not the next Dan Marino. Some have pointed to this in defending Sanchez.

Q: If you're Tannenbaum and Tampa calls you after the season and offers you Freeman for Sanchez, are you doing that deal?

Why do pollsters have to qualify Yes or No polls?

It drives me freakin nuts.

It's a Yes or No poll. Your addition changes the answer! What if you want to keep Sanchez over Freeman because you think Freeman sucks more, but you don't think "Sanchez is a winner. I'm keeping him."

Yes or ****in No. Just do that in polls or make separate categories for each qualification.

Jeesh!

PS. Thanks, T0m. :D

That move would be iditioic even if you think Sanchez is even more awful than the awful Freeman. Even if Sanchez needs to be replaced, doing it with someone who looks like complete garbage that you would then be committing to at least for a couple of more seasons is completely pointless. All you're doing is delaying the potential for a legitimate upgrade at QB. If the Jets want to replace Sanchez, they either need to find themselves a proven NFL QB they have the ability to acquire (e.g., Manning) or go back to the draft and find one.

It's a Yes or No poll. Your addition changes the answer! What if you want to keep Sanchez over Freeman because you think Freeman sucks more, but you don't think "Sanchez is a winner. I'm keeping him."

Yes or ****in No. Just do that in polls or make separate categories for each qualification.

Jeesh!

PS. Thanks, T0m. :biggrin:

+1

My answer is "No. There is little point since it's like choosing between plain doody and doody with corn."

I think Freeman has higher upside and is probably a better fit for whatever offense we are trying to run right now, but Id still vote no simply because he is also inconsistent and moreso than that the contract is one you want to avoid. Sanchez had a frontloaded deal with lots of wiggle room in the back end. Freeman had a backloaded deal with less wiggle room to be cap friendly and there is no way anyone is tacking any extra years on to any of the QBs taken in 2009 right now

No. It's a lateral move, and Freeman will have to take the time to get adjusted to our offense and new receivers. No reason to do that. Also, Mark has shown to be clutch with 10+ 4th quarter/OT comebacks on top of going 4-2 on the road in the playoffs. Freeman on the other hand is an unknown. Given that they have roughly equal talent, I'll take my chances with Sanchez.

If Freeman was having the year he is now as a Jet the same militia group would be destroying him post after post. Chad, Sanchez or Freeman would not make a difference. Every QB who wears the green uniform is immediately expected to be a top 3 QB. Sanchez deserves the harsh critique but not to the extent it has been taken to.

Jeesh!

PS. Thanks, T0m. :biggrin:

THIS!

Neither is Freeman, so why the hell waste a few more years on him?

LOL, you can't be serious.

We don't know whether Freeman is a SB winning QB or not. Sanchez has been blessed with a great defense and a great running game throughout his 3 year career. He has played with Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Dustin Keller, Plaxico Burress. He also has had a great offensive line up until this year.

Freeman's best target is Mike Williams. Their running game is medicore although Blount is an above average RB. I don't even want to start with their defense and special teams.

Sanchez has been blessed.

Taking the bias out I took Freeman. Both have been bad this season, Freeman has the higher probability of getting better in the short term.

Pretty much. Younger, bigger, better arm, and his performance last season basically abrogates all the crap about Sanchez having "proven" more because he's won in the playoffs.

Pretty much. Younger, bigger, better arm, and his performance last season basically abrogates all the crap about Sanchez having "proven" more because he's won in the playoffs.

Physically he's the obvious choice. My reasoning is that they haven't been too far apart this year, but the learning curve is still much lower for him when you take into account college experience and the fact that Sanchez has had almost a full season's worth more of experience in the pros with the playoff games. It's gambling on the unknown and both aren't very good, probabilistic logic seems like the best way to make the call. Either way you're probably screwed at this point anyways. I think if Freeman's the QB on this team we're looking at the same scenario we're in now, maybe we take the first New England game. Schottenheimer however would definitely be a lot ballsier with someone with an arm like his, and Freeman's thrown a ton of picks when asked to do too much, so there's that to consider as well.

Physically he's the obvious choice. My reasoning is that they haven't been too far apart this year, but the learning curve is still much lower for him when you take into account college experience and the fact that Sanchez has had almost a full season's worth more of experience in the pro's. It's gambling on the unknown and both aren't very good, probabilistic logic seems like the best way to make the call. Either way you're probably screwed at this point anyways. I think if Freeman's the QB on this team we're looking at the same scenario we're in now, maybe we take the first New England game. Schottenheimer however would definitely be a lot ballsier with someone with an arm like his, and Freeman's thrown a ton of picks when asked to do too much, so there's that to consider as well.

Yeah. I'd do a one-for-one trade in a second, but either way I'd be planning on bringing in a vet FA and a mid-round draftee.

Taking the bias out I took Freeman. Both have been bad this season, Freeman has the higher probability of getting better in the short term.

I say that in the long run the QB who has been into a deep postseason run will grow into a guy who can handle a deep postseason run. Your last sentence is true, but even with that short term advantage Freeman's Bucs will be going nowhere.

Yes I know I'm using the Sanchez is a winner argument.

Even if that's true, I think the highest probability is that they will both continue to suck a$$, and a trade today is likely giving a multi-year commitment to yet another new QB who's likely to suck a$$. That alone is reason enough to avoid it, because if the Jets are willing to bring in a new QB, they need to try to get somebody far better than either of these clowns.

I guess if players like Joe Kapp and Trent Dilfer can make it to the big game so can either one of these guys but I wouldnt hold my breath waiting for it to happen. FWIW the Tampa defense is one of the worst in the NFL this year so Freeman has had a distinct disadvantage this year. Yeah I guess I would take Freeman just based on a the perception (right or wrong)of more upside.

Archived