If we draft another QB what qualities do you want him to have?

DepressedJet

This will more than likely be the last year of Sanchez.

The Giants were lucky in the fact that the one year they sucked, they had three hall of fame QB's to choose from. More than likely that won't happen next year.

Watching Sanchez makes me wonder what exactly the Jets scouting department saw in him.

-Mediocre NFL arm strength

-Below average size

-Shaky accuracy

-Limited experience in college

Next year I think it is time to get with the times and try to develop a downfield passing attack.

The Giants were lucky in the fact that the one year they sucked, they had three hall of fame QB's to choose from. More than likely that won't happen next year.

Watching Sanchez makes me wonder what exactly the Jets scouting department saw in him.

-Below average size

-Shaky accuracy

Next year I think it is time to get with the times and try to develop a downfield passing attack.

Mediocre arm strength? He is not Brett Favre, but his arm strength is more than adequate.

Below average in size? He is listed as the same size as Aaron Rodgers.

Bad accuracy? Yes he has shown poor accuracy, I believe it has to do with his mechanics being off, a good coach can fix this, his footwork has gone to sh*t, and he was considered the best QB footwork wise to ever come out of the draft this can be fixed if coached properly.

Sanchez will be a very good QB once a team (hopefully the Jets) puts him in a system created around his skill set. A lot of good QB's would look turrible when u call a 5 receiver route combo all going 5 yards and finishing with in 2 yards of each other.

Here is to Mark being the Jets QB for the next 12 years.

Mediocre arm strength? He is not Brett Favre, but his arm strength is more than adequate.

Bad accuracy? Yes he has shown poor accuracy, I believe it has to do with his mechanics being off, a good coach can fix this, his footwork has gone to sh*t, and he was considered the best QB footwork wise to ever come out of the draft this can be fixed if coached properly.

Sanchez will be a very good QB once a team (hopefully the Jets) puts him in a system created around his skill set. A lot of good QB's would look turrible when u call a 5 receiver route combo all going 5 yards and finishing with in 2 yards of each other.

What are you talking about? Sanchez was rated the least efficient QB with over 500 pass attempts in QBR.

He is the WORST starting QB in the NFL.

I agree!

he should have a laser rocket arm, 6'8", 265, with a 4.6 40 time, perfect wonderlic and the best interview since the boar hunter

and he should be available in the 5th round, cuz there is no way in hell the jets draft a QB before that

lol

-Below average size

-Shaky accuracy

-Below average size

-Shaky accuracy

1. Sanchez has plenty of arm strength. Enough to be an elite passer if there were other things he was great at.

2. He's taller than Drew Brees. He's the same height as Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Colt McCoy, flavor-of-the-month Matt Flynn, and his point of release is higher than Philip Rivers.

3. 100% agree. Have to look at where the ball lands and where it should have landed more than just lazily relying on a completion percentage stat. A poorly thrown ball can still be completed and a perfectly thrown pass can still be dropped.

4. The lack of college experience, IMO, didn't hurt his development as much as it hurt scouts' abilities to accurately gauge what he really is (and what he really isn't). People quickly forget that Brian Brohm was considered a lock top-5 pick (and might have been taken #1 overall instead of Jabbamarcus Russell) if he'd bypassed his senior year like Sanchez did.

People quickly forget that Brian Brohm was considered a lock top-5 pick (and might have been taken #1 overall instead of Jabbamarcus Russell) if he'd bypassed his senior year like Sanchez did.

Brohm got weeded out the second draft season started and the suspicions that he couldn't drive the deep ball were all of a sudden that much more obvious. Would have happened whether he came out his junior year or not, Petrino just masked it well at the time. Yes I'd like to sit here and give RU credit for dropping his stock but that's really not what happened. His experience was actually the one thing he had going for him and prevented him from sliding farther.

Brohm got weeded out the second draft season started and the suspicions that he couldn't drive the deep ball were all of a sudden that much more obvious. Would have happened whether he came out his junior year or not, Petrino just masked it well at the time. Yes I'd like to sit here and give RU credit for dropping his stock but that's really not what happened. His experience was actually the one thing he had going for him and prevented him from sliding farther.

Disagree. He had enough arm to get taken as high as Sanchez. If teams could get all pie-in-the-sky about Mark Sanchez and Joey Harrington they could have - and would have - with Brohm. His senior year hurt him and with all that he still got taken in round 2.

He didn't get a chance to go to a combine or do any private workouts and some teams see what they want to see. Particularly bad teams who earned a pick at or near the top of the draft. The problem was they all saw him with another full year of live action.

If we draft another QB, he better be able to play another position because I think we need to use this draft to improve the overall talent level of our roster. Outside of Luck, there isn't a QB in this draft that I would pick at the spot they will be taken. Use the draft to add 5 or 6 contributors and use free agency to add a QB.

Archived