Jets Interested In S Brandon Meriweather

JetNation

Post image for Jets Interested In S Brandon Meriweather

After signing Thomas the Jets are moving on with the possibility of going after ex-Patriots and ex-Bears Safety Brandon Meriweather.

Meriweather played in 11 games while starting 4 of them for the Bears in 2011 getting 32 tackles and 2 passes defended.

As of now, no meeting is scheduled

di
di

m30JgiW7RQE

View the full article

Jets slash Canes fans are a minority...We are few.

I second this and would like to start a DRAFT LAMAR MILLER campaign.

Are you with me?

I'd love to get Lamar Miller but he strikes me as too similar to McKnight as far as stature and skillset goes. He's damn fast though so I'm sure we could find a use for him.

I'd REALLY like to see Touchdown Tommy Streeter in green - or have the Jets take a flyer on Spence and move him to safety.

I'd love to get Lamar Miller but he strikes me as too similar to McKnight as far as stature and skillset goes. He's damn fast though so I'm sure we could find a use for him.

I'd REALLY like to see Touchdown Tommy Streeter in green - or have the Jets take a flyer on Spence and move him to safety.

I understand your concern on Miller.

The problem is we haven't gotten much more then a sample size of him, but I think he's a little more physical then McKnight. I remember seeing him lower his shoulder a couple times and bangn it out. He did slow down a drop towards the end of the year tho.

Streeter will be Plax/Edwards-ish

I agree, he is gonna be legit.

My buddy and I were saying the EXACT same thing about Spence the other day...its a shame he is small cause man does he have a nose for the ball.

He put up like 225 I think 9 times or something like that. Not an LB...would be a good SS.

The only Cane we don't need is Jacory tho bro...sorry, had to say it. Lol

SORRY FOR THE NON-TOPIC TALK GUYS.

I've always kind of liked Merriweather as a player so I would not mind him for some pre-draft and then TC depth/fodder. He's got more coverage skills than most other safeties out there, but he's completely untrustworthy as a player right now. He needs a kick in the a$$ and you'd have to hope Rex and Pettine maximize what this guy gives.

This and the O'Dowd signing might be a shift to them going after guys who are still young and have slipped a little after showing a great deal of skill and ability earlier in their career. It's really not a bad idea to get like that into TC and seeing who decides to save their career.

So Bit, if you see this can you tell me if this is the JAG safety that will stop them from going after Mark Barron in the first? It sounds like the kind of move that closes a hole.

Hes a knucklehead.

When the league was cracking down on helmet to helmet hits, he clocked Todd Heap with his noggin. Heap left the game. Hes almost never where hes supposed to be either. A U of Miami thug.

Yeah I remember that. We have our own white version only slower and more unathletic. Meriweather would be an upgrade for this team, bottom line.

I'd rather out bid the Bills for Mario Williams and draft Mark Barron from Alabama to be our competent safety.

LOL.... O RLY?

Like we all wouldn't want Mario Williams in a Jets uniform if we had the cap room. Unfortunately you can't make a big splash every year. We just don't have the cap room this time around.

No he's good at coverage and can tackle.

HAHAHAHAHAH! Sure, when he was taking the wrong angle on the tackle and getting burned for a TD. The dude is the King of the Freelance - and he often guesses wrong. He's a hard-hitter - and dumb as a truck. What's really pathetic is that he's better than the slugs the Pats had this past year - Diggs, that waste of space Sergio Brown. Sigh. Anyway, Meriwether sucks. Hope you get him. :)

HAHAHAHAHAH! Sure, when he was taking the wrong angle on the tackle and getting burned for a TD. The dude is the King of the Freelance - and he often guesses wrong. He's a hard-hitter - and dumb as a truck. What's really pathetic is that he's better than the slugs the Pats had this past year - Diggs, that waster of space Sergio Brown. Sigh. Anyway, Meriwether sucks. Hope you get him. :)

Translation: When he played with the Pats, he was the bomb. Now that he doesn't, he's trash

Translation: When he played with the Pats, he was the bomb. Now that he doesn't, he's trash

Incorrect. I've always thought he sucked and have commented so on many occassions while he was wearing the flying Elvis logo. I could not stand him.....although without the venom I have for Chad Ocho-piece-of-crappo Johnson. Would love to see Chad back up that Prius of his out of New England.

Archived