Quinton Coples Merged

TNJet

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coples is a stud.

Wilkerson is a stud.

Ellis is the biggest and meanest of the three.

Which OLB benefits the most, Pace or Maybin? I like a return for Pace and the potential emergence of Maybin.

what are you basing this "stud" conclusion on ? Coples has not played an NFL game and Wilkerson had a decent first year. Do you think either one of them is Jason Paul type stud ? Cause thats a stud. And if Ellis is the meanest of the three what exactly has he proven ?

I think before we label any of these three players we should actully see them do something. Or at least make a big play in the 4th Quarter of a game with the game on the line

what are you basing this "stud" conclusion on ? Coples has not played an NFL game and Wilkerson had a decent first year. Do you think either one of them is Jason Paul type stud ? Cause thats a stud. And if Ellis is the meanest of the three what exactly has he proven ?

I think before we label any of these three players we should actully see them do something. Or at least make a big play in the 4th Quarter of a game with the game on the line

I think Wilkerson could be on his way to being a stud. He's lost some weight this year, as the only thing he really struggled with last season was his closing speed....but the guy is very strong at the point of attack and was never fooled and never looked out of position. He started from game 1 and we never really had to worry about him.

Coples played a lot better than I thought he would, but the majority of it was against backups. He seems tobe a guy that plays better in the game than practice I guess. We'll see though. Calling him a stud as of now is a bit premature. And you're right, guys like JPP are studs.

Could've traded down and looked at Rieff, Glenn, or Martin.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Coples so far, but it seems like any position on D is a luxury position. I'm absolutely s#itting bricks about RT right now.

I'm a fan of drafting value over need. I believe that if you constantly draft value, needs will eventually take care of themselves, and your team will be better overall. Coples was widely seen to be a top 10 pick prior to the draft. I think he was definitely a high value pick at an impact position. So I like it.

Yeah, Ellis definitely looked good out there, and that was at the start of the game with the 1s. A NT isn't typically going to make a lot of the big plays that catch people's attention, but he still played damn well, and when you have a NT chasing RBs down to the sideline, that's pretty damn cool to see. The DL is the last place for anyone to be concerned about with this team.

Dude was a monster on Friday night. I haven't seen a Jets NT blow up the blocking scheme that consistently since a certain number 73.

I think Wilkerson could be on his way to being a stud. He's lost some weight this year, as the only thing he really struggled with last season was his closing speed....but the guy is very strong at the point of attack and was never fooled and never looked out of position. He started from game 1 and we never really had to worry about him.

Coples played a lot better than I thought he would, but the majority of it was against backups. He seems tobe a guy that plays better in the game than practice I guess. We'll see though. Calling him a stud as of now is a bit premature. And you're right, guys like JPP are studs.

Smash likes to go out on the limb like that, but JPP is only one type of stud according to the post. At least the type thing is acknowledged.

I like offensive linemen as much as the next guy, but is that all we were supposed to draft? Wouldn't we be hearing about how we neglected our skill positions?

Decastro and Glenn would both start, Hill is a project , Coples who knows if motor will ever stay on

I'm glad Ellis is starting to show signs of why he was SenorGato's favorite player in the 2011 draft. As studly a DT/DL talent you'll find in the third round.

Tannenbaum does nothing but cause pain.

We both loved the Ellis pick. And Mo Wilk was my guy.

God we are so good and stuff.

look at coples pull up on 11 yd bjge run to left

Pace didn't set the edge there or else Coples would've had bjge for a loss

Coples looks raw, not seeing well and leaving some lanes open trying to rush QB but it's the first week. He looked better as game went on.

Great job to whomever edited. Thank y so much

Looks like he got penetration on about 50% of plays. When he did not, he showed he was ready to stay with the play with a nice 2nd effort, at least holding his own in the vast majority of plays. Rarely lost the 1 on 1 battle. Yes, this guy could be good...

One of the more impressive plays was when he lined up over the center and took the C and G which opened up a lane for a sack. He was lined up all over the line and made plays at each spot. Good sign.

U are much smarter than that, team wants to go G&P meanwhile OL suks cack. passed on winston as well. who knows if coples or hill will ever make it big, BTW not to hard to start on jets as a wr.

Passing on Winston is a valid complaint.

Saying that it's "not to hard to start on jets as a wr," is a pretty clear admission that the Jets had a serious need at the position.

"who knows if coples or hill will ever make it big"?

They both have a much bigger chance of "making it big" than a guard who's struggling a little bit right now on the Steelers. There's no clear evidence that either of the OL you wanted were slam dunks. Significantly more upside with the guys the Jets took, and I -for one- am pretty content with that.

Passing on Winston is a valid complaint.

Saying that it's "not to hard to start on jets as a wr," is a pretty clear admission that the Jets had a serious need at the position.

"who knows if coples or hill will ever make it big"?

They both have a much bigger chance of "making it big" than a guard who's struggling a little bit right now on the Steelers. There's no clear evidence that either of the OL you wanted were slam dunks. Significantly more upside with the guys the Jets took, and I -for one- am pretty content with that.

From what I read Decastro was a beast, Adams was awful by all accounts. time will tell. If jets get off to a slow start, season will be over before it started.

Archived