Who will get sacked & pressured more on Sunday?

Jetsfan80

So I think our D-line might quickly become the best young unit in the NFL, and I don't think I'm overstating this. Question is, can they outduel Mario Williams and co. in the sack department?

Sanchez certainly holds onto the ball longer than Fitzpatrick, which would play right into Buffalo's hands. But perhaps Austin Howard can parlay his play against Carolina into a strong outting on Sunday afternoon, and in addition, perhaps Sparano slides some help his way as well.

I say that in the end, Fitzpatrick gets hurried more while Sanchez takes more sacks. What say you?

Only thing is, Pouha might not play. That would be unfortunate. We don't "need" him so to speak, but he makes that d-line rotation that much more deadly. Basically, guys of THAT kind of talent just rotating with each other, staying fresh throughout the game & the season... they're going to be good without him but great with him.

Only thing is, Pouha might not play. That would be unfortunate. We don't "need" him so to speak, but he makes that d-line rotation that much more deadly. Basically, guys of THAT kind of talent just rotating with each other, staying fresh throughout the game & the season... they're going to be good without him but great with him.

As much as I like Pouha, Ellis is going to make us forget about him very quickly. Not saying we don't need DL depth and that Pouha doesn't make us better, but Kenrick is a monster.

fitz gets rid of the ball, mark doesn't. Chan Gailey's system is all bang bang plays. Cause their OL stinks. Seriously much worse than the Jets. But Mark wants 6 seconds, Fitz needs 3, that's the difference. So Mark will be sacked more, undoubtedly. Who will win is a different question.

I think Mark will outplay Fitzpatrick. Mark has shown this season that he takes well to Sparano's coaching and is getting rid of the ball faster than I have ever seen him. Plus, we have some pass rushing stars that will be born on that front line.

I think Mark will outplay Fitzpatrick. Mark has shown this season that he takes well to Sparano's coaching and is getting rid of the ball faster than I have ever seen him. Plus, we have some pass rushing stars that will be born on that front line.

I like it and agree.

fitz gets rid of the ball, mark doesn't. Chan Gailey's system is all bang bang plays. Cause their OL stinks. Seriously much worse than the Jets. But Mark wants 6 seconds, Fitz needs 3, that's the difference. So Mark will be sacked more, undoubtedly. Who will win is a different question.

Looking at 7 sacks on sanchez

Fitz just doesn't get sacked. They get the ball our quick due to the design of our offense. There's a reason we were the least sacked team last year. Pouha not playing would be big in my eyes, I think he's vastly underrated and he is a lot to handle.

I'm so excited to see our DL of Willimas/Dareus/Williams/Anderson, that's just nasty.

Every time I think bad thoughts I take a quick peak at the Jets DL depth chart.

Pouha

Wilkerson

Coples

Ellis

DeVito

Dixon

Dixon might be a decent starter on a 3-4 DL or two out there, and the rest could legitimately start/get heavy rotation on pretty much all the rest.

If I'm really down I look at the DBs. Revis, Cromartie, Wilson, Landry is probably the best group of 4 in any secondary out there.

Next is LBers again. It's been a long time since '09 for those guys. Davis should be a nice one.

So I think our D-line might quickly become the best young unit in the NFL, and I don't think I'm overstating this. Question is, can they outduel Mario Williams and co. in the sack department?

Sanchez certainly holds onto the ball longer than Fitzpatrick, which would play right into Buffalo's hands. But perhaps Austin Howard can parlay his play against Carolina into a strong outting on Sunday afternoon, and in addition, perhaps Sparano slides some help his way as well.

I say that in the end, Fitzpatrick gets hurried more while Sanchez takes more sacks. What say you?

I think Sanchez does, not because the Bills D-line is better but because Sanchez will hold onto the ball longer. Fitz can dump off to F-Jax or Spiller. Sanchez dumps off to linebackers who take it to the house.

The Jets D will be treating Fitz like a tackle dummy.

I honestly think the Jets Oline will keep #6 upright.

No excuses for him this week.

Wishful thinking.

Very well put. The Bills OTs are better than they were last year even before injuries decimated the unit.

When exactly did you see this from Sanchez? Sanchez has looked pretty much like he has always looked.

I'm also confused about these "pass rushing stars" on the front line. Aside from Coples, who's going to provide the Jets supposedly improved pass rush? Ryan's Jet defenses have always been dependent on blitz schemes to generate a pass rush, but those schemes have largely been figured out by the opposition which is why the Jets had difficulty generating a pass rush last season.

Fitz just doesn't get sacked. They get the ball our quick due to the design of our offense. There's a reason we were the least sacked team last year. Pouha not playing would be big in my eyes, I think he's vastly underrated and he is a lot to handle.

I'm so excited to see our DL of Willimas/Dareus/Williams/Anderson, that's just nasty.

Another QFT. The Bills offense, when it clicks as it did in the first quarter against Pittsburgh and in its only drive against the Lions, can move the ball and score. In fact, they made the Pitt D look old and slow, and Pitt runs a blitz-dependent 3-4 D like the Jets do. IMO, the Bills refused to respond to the Pitt blitzes in the third preseason game because they didn't want to give the Jets a look at how they planned to counter blitzes.

The Bills DL is likely to overwhelm most OLs. They sacked Roethlisberger at least twice, and just missed getting a safety. The problem for OLs is that it's NOT enough to block Mario Williams. There are three other premium dudes on the DL capable of wreaking havoc on QBs, particularly Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus at the DT spots. Good/great QBs who get rid of the ball quickly will probably be okay, but a QB like Sanchez who holds the ball too long is going to have a long, painful and unsuccessful afternoon.

I'm also confused about these "pass rushing stars" on the front line. Aside from Coples, who's going to provide the Jets supposedly improved pass rush? Ryan's Jet defenses have always been dependent on blitz schemes to generate a pass rush, but those schemes have largely been figured out by the opposition which is why the Jets had difficulty generating a pass rush last season.

Holy LOL!

The Jets had the #2 ranked defense against the pass last year (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef). That didn't happen because other teams figured out their schemes.

Another QFT. The Bills offense, when it clicks as it did in the first quarter against Pittsburgh and in its only drive against the Lions, can move the ball and score. In fact, they made the Pitt D look old and slow, and Pitt runs a blitz-dependent 3-4 D like the Jets do. IMO, the Bills refused to respond to the Pitt blitzes in the third preseason game because they didn't want to give the Jets a look at how they planned to counter blitzes.

The Jets will be running a lot of 4-3 this year, and their DL is anything but old and slow. Jets defense was better against the pass than Pittsburgh last year, and much better against the run. And yeah, the Jets added Coples and Davis, who figure into the passing dee as well. Young guys.

Wishful thinking.

Very well put. The Bills OTs are better than they were last year even before injuries decimated the unit.

When exactly did you see this from Sanchez? Sanchez has looked pretty much like he has always looked.

The Bills DL is likely to overwhelm most OLs. They sacked Roethlisberger at least twice, and just missed getting a safety. The problem for OLs is that it's NOT enough to block Mario Williams. There are three other premium dudes on the DL capable of wreaking havoc on QBs, particularly Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus at the DT spots. Good/great QBs who get rid of the ball quickly will probably be okay, but a QB like Sanchez who holds the ball too long is going to have a long, painful and unsuccessful afternoon.

From skimming your breathless nonsense, I get the impression that you believe that the Bills are some sort of hybrid between the Giants and the 1998 Rams.

Holy LOL!

The Jets had the #2 ranked defense against the pass last year (http://www.footballo...m/stats/teamdef). That didn't happen because other teams figured out their schemes.

How many threads were there on this very MB bemoaning the fact that the Jets couldn't get pressure on opposing QBs? When Aaron Maybin with 6 sacks, most of them coverage sacks, is your sack leader, you team didn't put a lot of pressure on opposing QBs. That's NOT the same as being good in pass defense. Moreover, how many times did the Jets D fail to get off the field, especially late in games? I could go on, but stats aren't the end all or be all of anything. Winning is. Ask the Gnats.

The Jets will be running a lot of 4-3 this year, and their DL is anything but old and slow. Jets defense was better against the pass than Pittsburgh last year, and much better against the run. And yeah, the Jets added Coples and Davis, who figure into the passing dee as well. Young guys.

Neither one is starting. In fact, while Coples has garnered some kudos, Davis hasn't been heard from alot. Of course, it's much easier to look good against 2nd and 3rd teamers than against starters, and that's where both were playing in the preseason.

From skimming your breathless nonsense, I get the impression that you believe that the Bills are some sort of hybrid between the Giants and the 1998 Rams.

No, but I think they'll win more games than they lose this year and have a shot at the playoffs. I also don't think that the Jets were trying to "sandbag" the league with their crappy offensive play during preseason.

How many threads were there on this very MB bemoaning the fact that the Jets couldn't get pressure on opposing QBs? When Aaron Maybin with 6 sacks, most of them coverage sacks, is your sack leader, you team didn't put a lot of pressure on opposing QBs. That's NOT the same as being good in pass defense. Moreover, how many times did the Jets D fail to get off the field, especially late in games? I could go on, but stats aren't the end all or be all of anything. Winning is. Ask the Gnats.

Defensive line stats -just the DL- the Jets ranked 12th in the league in generating a pass rush (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/dl). Not bad for a 3-4 team that relied heavily on LBs to get after the QB. You can't judge what's really happening by what whiny Jet fans post on this site.

Neither one is starting. In fact, while Coples has garnered some kudos, Davis hasn't been heard from alot. Of course, it's much easier to look good against 2nd and 3rd teamers than against starters, and that's where both were playing in the preseason.

You're cute when you pretend to know what you're talking about. Coples is starting, and played with the starters in the preseason. Davis will enter the games on obvious passing downs as he's being groomed to take over for Bart Scott. He had 10 -I guess you'd call them quiet- tackles in the preseason. He's a big part of their plans. Younger and faster and all that. It's funny that you talk up Buffalo's third round pick and simultaneously disregard the Jets', even though LB is a much easier transition than WR.

Archived