*****The Official New York Jets VS Buffalo Bills Game Thread *****

Larz

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad the Jets won and Geno had a somewhat decent performance.   But watching this game was kind of a pain.   It was really two teams who stink and make way too many stupid mistakes and get called for way too many dumb penalties.  And Wilson should just be cut.

Well i wasnt one of those people lol I think they're way to valuable to waste on a third and short, especially if you're gonna go for it on the 4th down.

It wouldn't bother me as much as it seems he's just making stupid decisions based on nothing.   There are some challenges that should be challenged. There are some that could change the tide of a game.  ANd then there are the two challenges in the span of a few downs that just make no sense whatsoever.  And they weren't based on "for sure that will be overturned" either.  It was more Rex being an idiot.  I just didn't get that routine at all.

No.  It would have been 4th & 8 or 9.  With the penalty they erase the 5-6 yard gain.  

If they declined, Buffalo could have gotten a 1st down with a 6 yard slant and 2 YAC.  Make them get 24 yards in 2 plays.

OH, I thought it would have been 4th and 14. That makes more sense.

Not those exact numbers, but I've seen it a handful of times in college and the NFL in recent years, obviously in 4-down territory.  It's not as uncommon as one may think.

yeah I think it would have been about 4th and 10 or 11 but it looked like manuel was tackled right by the blue LOS line CBS uses. They wound up with a 4th and 7 after the play so we lost some yards there Personally I would never give a team 2 shots at a first down in that situation ever. You put the pressure on to end the game right there

yeah I think it would have been about 4th and 10 or 11 but it looked like manuel was tackled right by the blue LOS line CBS uses. They wound up with a 4th and 7 after the play so we lost some yards there Personally I would never give a team 2 shots at a first down in that situation ever. You put the pressure on to end the game right there

I probably would agree, but with the way the defense was playing, it seemed more likely they'd get a quick 7 yards before getting 24 yards on two plays.  I could have gone both ways, but f*ck it, we're 2-1!

have you ever seen a coach take a penalty and give up a 4th and 14 for a 3rd and 24 ?

You didn't see it either. You saw a coach take 3rd & 24 instead of 4th & 8.

If the Jets decline the penalty then Buffalo gets the 5-6 yards they got on 3rd down.  By accepting the penalty those yards are erased.

I'm not in love with Rex's coaching today, but that was the right decision.  Make the rookie QB - who was having a rough day - complete 2 out of 2 passes (or one really long one) for 24 yards in 2 plays.  Odds are he won't do it and we went with the odds and we were right to do it.

If Manuel completed a quick 6 yard slant and then Stevie Johnson got 2 YAC for a first down you'd be criticizing that also.  

Sanchez sucks.

You didn't see it either. You saw a coach take 3rd & 24 instead of 4th & 8.

If the Jets decline the penalty then Buffalo gets the 5-6 yards they got on 3rd down.  By accepting the penalty those yards are erased.

I'm not in love with Rex's coaching today, but that was the right decision.  Make the rookie QB - who was having a rough day - complete 2 out of 2 passes (or one really long one) for 24 yards in 2 plays.  Odds are he won't do it and we went with the odds and we were right to do it.

If Manuel completed a quick 6 yard slant and then Stevie Johnson got 2 YAC for a first down you'd be criticizing that also.  

Sanchez sucks.

After the penalty was marched off, Manuel completed a nice pass to the tight end for about 14 yards.  If that happens on 4th and 8 or 10 then it is a first down.

Archived