If Revis wasn't a greedy pig this defense would've been epic...

CobraVerde

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who?

Marginal drop-off at best from the defense without him. I'd like to see how we spend all our extra money next year before I pass judgement. I'd be willing to say that if we can finish top 5 without him this year the mountains of cash we'd have to pay even a reasonable Revis could be better allocated elsewhere.

Basketball is not a fair comparison.

In the NFL the career is much shorter and anytime you step on the field you are at significant risk of a career ending  (or much worse) injury.

Plus you have the quality of  life issues, chronic pain, risk of dementia etc from head shots.

I dont begrudge Revis for getting everything he can......................but yeah fcuk him☺

Do you  want to give back Richardson?

Not me

Richardson under contact at rookie salary for 4 years vs. Revis at 10x the price?  I'm with you.  If Milliner becomes even a good #2 by the end of the season, we are fine on defense.  I'm much more interested in a great TE and RB next year.  And a PR. 

I love that hes gone. I think its hysterical that he is now in a worse situation in Tampa then he would have been here, no QB, a coach he doesnt like, a defensive style he doesnt like, and 0-3.

Plus, what a huge slap in the face it will be if we finish in top 5 defense WITHOUT him. Lmao.

Bravo Revis. Great choice! Enjoy your money tho!

If all he cares about is money then he's in the right place, no state Tax and literally no chance that team is going anywhere. Rex has some major warts as a head coach but at least he brings something to the table with defense. Schiano is a grade A nightmare who has no value as an NFL coach.

Bucs benched Freeman today. It's chaos down there.

The ripples of dissension began with Revis sound bytes. He's not a good locker room guy me thinks.

This years Jets team seems way more unified than the past 2 years. Could also be because no Sanchez.

I think Revis is receiving a huge wake up call right now in Tampa. He wanted the money, he got it, well the price he had to pay was being on a bad team in worse chaos than any Jets team under Rex Ryan. But I will say this, I would not be surprised if Revis is a free agent after this season is over. I justify this by pointing out that I think the Bucs will blow the whole thing up in the off season, Schiano will be gone, Freeman will likely be gone, and GM Mark Dominik might be gone as well. If this happens the new GM will likely want to start a rebuilding process by clearing cap space, having realized that no CB is worth 16 mil year, Revis will be cut, and considering he has no guaranteed money whatsoever there will be no cap hit for the Bucs I believe making the move convenient and sensible.

If this were to happen, would anyone be open to a Revis return? Imagine if he comes back and settles for significantly less money? In such a situation we could sign Revis back, trade Cromartie for a pick, and have a Revis and Miliner as a 1-2 combo. Maybe I'm dreaming, but it's a thought.

I think Revis is receiving a huge wake up call right now in Tampa. He wanted the money, he got it, well the price he had to pay was being on a bad team in worse chaos than any Jets team under Rex Ryan. But I will say this, I would not be surprised if Revis is a free agent after this season is over. I justify this by pointing out that I think the Bucs will blow the whole thing up in the off season, Schiano will be gone, Freeman will likely be gone, and GM Mark Dominik might be gone as well. If this happens the new GM will likely want to start a rebuilding process by clearing cap space, having realized that no CB is worth 16 mil year, Revis will be cut, and considering he has no guaranteed money whatsoever there will be no cap hit for the Bucs I believe making the move convenient and sensible.

If this were to happen, would anyone be open to a Revis return? Imagine if he comes back and settles for significantly less money? In such a situation we could sign Revis back, trade Cromartie for a pick, and have a Revis and Miliner as a 1-2 combo. Maybe I'm dreaming, but it's a thought.

If he hits the open market (there's no way they let him go after only one year, they'll keep him at least 2), and drops his price, he'll have many suitors fighting for him. I don't see the Jets getting in to a bidding war over him again. He'll end up somewhere like Oakland.

If I remember correctly, and I may be wrong, we didn't hear anything during the Spring that said Revis was refusing to sign for less money next year to remain a Jet, correct? I don't even recall hearing negotiations between Revis and Idzik this offseason to see if it was possible that he would take a pay cut and renegotiate his contract. The assumption was Revis would just insist on big money and Idzik wasn't gonna pay that big money...so he traded him while he could get something in return.  I get all that.... and it is a smart move if in fact Revis wouldn't negotiate with us this past off-season.

But as a huge Revis fan, I only hope the Jets did make an attempt to negotiate a new contract with him to see if there was a way he could potentially remain a Jet...... and didn't just assume that he was gonna demand the big money so just only looked into trading him.  If the Jets did in fact attempt to negotiate with Revis, and Revis wouldn't negotiate a more fair contract, then so be it....he was definitely worth the trade then bc clearly he was going to the highest bidder next year......but if negotiations were never even attempted with him before looking into the trade than I don't approve....potentially Revis would have renegotiated and we could still have him......and its not even about "then we wouldn't have Sheldon" because we could have simply taken Sheldon with our 1st pick and just avoided Dee altogether. So potentially we could have both Sheldon and Revis playing together..... then this defense would be top 3. 

Yeah, thats the only thing that made me mad. It seemed like we didn't even attempt to get something done with him. I wanted to hear that we tried at the very least to talk to him, and that he turned us down or wanted much more. then move on. But according to team Revis, we never reached out to them.

If I remember correctly, and I may be wrong, we didn't hear anything during the Spring that said Revis was refusing to sign for less money next year to remain a Jet, correct? I don't even recall hearing negotiations between Revis and Idzik this offseason to see if it was possible that he would take a pay cut and renegotiate his contract. The assumption was Revis would just insist on big money and Idzik wasn't gonna pay that big money...so he traded him while he could get something in return.  I get all that.... and it is a smart move if in fact Revis wouldn't negotiate with us this past off-season.

But as a huge Revis fan, I only hope the Jets did make an attempt to negotiate a new contract with him to see if there was a way he could potentially remain a Jet...... and didn't just assume that he was gonna demand the big money so just only looked into trading him.  If the Jets did in fact attempt to negotiate with Revis, and Revis wouldn't negotiate a more fair contract, then so be it....he was definitely worth the trade then bc clearly he was going to the highest bidder next year......but if negotiations were never even attempted with him before looking into the trade than I don't approve....potentially Revis would have renegotiated and we could still have him......and its not even about "then we wouldn't have Sheldon" because we could have simply taken Sheldon with our 1st pick and just avoided Dee altogether. So potentially we could have both Sheldon and Revis playing together..... then this defense would be top 3. 

The thing about Revis is, he doesn't actually HONOR his contracts. So re-negotiating is moot. He held out 3 times since he was drafted. So you work out a new contract with him.. then what? He suddenly becomes content and lets a deal expire? I'm not faulting the guy for maximixing his earnings while he can.. but to assume that sitting down at the negotiation table was anything more than a short-term fix is a little short-sighted.

thinking the op was thinking keeping revis and Richardson at 9.

The Jets appeared to strongly stay with how they had the players rated in this draft regardless of need.  Cro is scheduled to make Revis kind of money next year.  No way they are going to pay him.  Even if Revis was still on the team, think they still take Milliner.

On another long shot, Revis' contract is really a weird one, it is very possible, considering what is going on in Tampa, that Revis  could be out on the street again next year as a FA.  Wouldn't that be something.   We get to hear Bit and his lil buddy do the GOAT, sign him song, for 4 months again.

The Jets appeared to strongly stay with how they had the players rated in this draft regardless of need.  Cro is scheduled to make Revis kind of money next year.  No way they are going to pay him.  Even if Revis was still on the team, think they still take Milliner.

On another long shot, Revis' contract is really a weird one, it is very possible, considering what is going on in Tampa, that Revis  could be out on the street again next year as a FA.  Wouldn't that be something.   We get to hear Bit and his lil buddy do the GOAT, sign him song, for 4 months again.

We will renegotiate Cromartie. Where we are now, we can't go without keeping him around. And no way the bucs give up on Revis already. The idea we could get him back one day, is making me salivate. 

Archived