Perfect fit for Kenny Britt

Jetscode1

Whether with the Jets or not, Britt has the onions to play for Rex.  More bravado...

Impending free agent Kenny Britt believes he'll be someone's No. 1 receiver in 2014.
It appears Britt hasn't watched much of his 2013 film — what little there is for a player who's been a healthy scratch twice in the past three weeks. "I am going to tell you: I am going to be a No.1 receiver somewhere else if I am not here next year, and that is guaranteed," Britt proclaimed Thursday. "I am definitely going to be a receiver that makes plays on Sundays and makes something happen for a team." Britt was shaping up as a special talent before his 2011 knee injury, but just hasn't been the same since. Still only 25, Britt has bounce-back potential, but it's extremely unlikely he'll emerge as someone's No. 1. Dec 26 - 4:35 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130

Titans are going to cut Chris Johnson, too. Munchak has already called Penn State about their HC gig if O'Brien runs off to the Vikes. Gonna get messy down there.

Didn't know that. Not sure how I feel about Chris Johnson. He has been bad - but is still young and has great speed. He would look awful good in a combo with Ivory I think. Not sure if you could sign him and use him in that 3rd down role.

this is the perfect Idzik signing. Talented, local, troubled and cheap.

Britt, and Maclin on the cheap (Britt), and above average contract, but not mega bucks (Maclin). Kerley, and hopefully (I'm one of the optimistic ones) Hill starts staying healthy, and develops his raw talent, trade back in Round 1, take the top TE available between Ebron, Amaro, and ASJ, grab another WR in the 2nd, and now this team is loaded with weapons, granted a lot of off field, bust, and injury concerns, but it shouldn't cost all that much in cap space outside of maybe Maclin, and use the extra cap space to lock up Wilk, sign a real Safety, and a veteran bad ass tough OG who can pull from the left side like Faneca, bring in a REAL veteran QB, and draft one in the 3-5th rounds, also draft a speed demon type RB in the 3-5 rounds in case we part with Goodson. Plug in C Pace 1 more year on running downs at OLB, and sign a veteran OLB who can actually cover some, or maybe move A Allen down on no brainer passing downs, and I would also bring back Ed Reed on cuttable contract for 1 more year incentive laden in case he actually does have another year, or 2 left in him after another full offseason to recover from that hip surgery.

Obviously this is all on the premise Rex Ryan, and MM are not fired. If they are I got nothing until I know the replacement coaches.

Any of this seam Feasible Bit? Or anyone else who was willing to read the long as plan!

Britt, and Maclin on the cheap (Britt), and above average contract, but not mega bucks (Maclin). Kerley, and hopefully (I'm one of the optimistic ones) Hill starts staying healthy, and develops his raw talent, trade back in Round 1, take the top TE available between Ebron, Amaro, and ASJ, grab another WR in the 2nd, and now this team is loaded with weapons, granted a lot of off field, bust, and injury concerns, but it shouldn't cost all that much in cap space outside of maybe Maclin, and use the extra cap space to lock up Wilk, sign a real Safety, and a veteran bad ass tough OG who can pull from the left side like Faneca, bring in a REAL veteran QB, and draft one in the 3-5th rounds, also draft a speed demon type RB in the 3-5 rounds in case we part with Goodson. Plug in C Pace 1 more year on running downs at OLB, and sign a veteran OLB who can actually cover some, or maybe move A Allen down on no brainer passing downs, and I would also bring back Ed Reed on cuttable contract for 1 more year incentive laden in case he actually does have another year, or 2 left in him after another full offseason to recover from that hip surgery.

Obviously this is all on the premise Rex Ryan, and MM are not fired. If they are I got nothing until I know the replacement coaches.

Any of this seam Feasible Bit? Or anyone else who was willing to read the long as plan!

Not in love with Britt - but ok for the right money. I think the trick to the whole thing is bringing in enough players via free agency, so that the Jets can get back to taking BPA in the draft once again. That means a good mix of low profile signings and a few big signings of younger guys. Also they need to hit on some lower round picks this year and get some of the younger guys on the roster to take it to the next level. Thats really the only way to fix it. If the Jets go into the draft "needing" anything, you can guarantee they wont get it. You guys can keep saying that Idzik had no money last year - but every year good GM's find those low cost free agents that contribute. Idzik didnt.

I bet titans fans look at holmes and say , hey if he's cheap, why not ?

the only reason this guy isn't loathed around here is he isn't a jet

the douchebag has been benched 2 of the last 3 games, and this is his contract year

lo ******* l

u guys remember when mike goodson never had any legal trouble in his life before last summer but people still insisted on calling him "troubled" because they were pissed we didnt resign brandon moore?

1) the Jets were 1 good guard short of a very good offensive line all year

2)  Mike Goodson had a history. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1128771

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9309396/legal-issues-new-york-jets-mike-goodson-predate-drug-weapons-charges

Remember when we had a GM that could find cheap, young players that could turn into studs like Austin Howard, etc? How has this become impossible to do in Jets fans eyes all of the sudden?

I bet titans fans look at holmes and say , hey if he's cheap, why not ?

the only reason this guy isn't loathed around here is he isn't a jet

the douchebag has been benched 2 of the last 3 games, and this is his contract year

lo ******* l

I was thinking the same thing. Finally getting rid of a head case Holmes and people want to immediately bring in another one?

1) the Jets were 1 good guard short of a very good offensive line all year

Great. Moore's still on his couch, waiting for the Hall of Fame to come calling.

An investigation into Goodson's background uncovered no criminal activity prior to the May 17 arrest

He skips out on rent and child support. He's not "troubled," he's just a dipsh*t. I assume you threw a fit when we acquired Cromartie.

He skips out on rent and child support. He's not "troubled," he's just a dipsh*t. I assume you threw a fit when we acquired Cromartie.

More than being a bad egg, it is this stuff that goes against Goodson:

spraining his right knee and eventually sat out two other contests

However, he missed a practice before the Oklahoma game and the coaches did not let him play in the first half.

In the Holiday Bowl vs. California, he gained 62 yards on the ground before he was sidelined by a left knee injury.

he missed time with sprains in his neck, groin and right knee since last spring.

This guy will be missing time. 

there's a stat out there even tho Holmes only has 20 catches, 8 of those were for more than 25 yards, which is the highest rate of anyone in the NFL.

Kim Jones was on WFAN this morning indicating that everyone affiliated with the Jets can't wait to get Holmes out of that locker room.

Archived