Remember last year when we all wanted a Guard in the first round?

Integrity28

Slats may remember this, because he and I profusely agreed with each other (while the vocal majority melted down) about not drafting an OG in round 1.

NFL writer Dan Pompei reports second-year LG Jonathan Cooper "has a ways to go," and could be "beaten out" by Earl Watford for the starting job.

All we got were 2 starting defenders. One of whom was DROY. Oh, and our multiple late round OL picks seem to be fairing better than the #7 overall pick

Thank you, Idzik. 

Slats may remember this, because he and I profusely agreed with each other (while the vocal majority melted down) about not drafting an OG in round 1.

All we got were 2 starting defenders. One of whom was DROY. Oh, and our multiple late round OL picks seem to be fairing better than the #7 overall pick

Thank you, Idzik.

Me and Slats were the loudest against. GFY.

Warmack was underwhelming too.

Thank you, Idzik. 

funny, I don't quite remember it that way. the way I remember it,there were only a few guys who wanted a guard in the first. I think the vocal majority thought it wasn't a good idea

funny, I don't quite remember it that way. the way I remember it,there were only a few guys who wanted a guard in the first. I think the vocal majority thought it wasn't a good idea

There was an overwhelming outcry for Warmack.

Thank you, Idzik. 

I like how you left off, "1 of whom was benched several times throughout the season."

Cooper certainly tested out that way. Combine that with the fact that it was an incredibly horrible draft for offense, it really wasn't that stupid of a pick.

He certainly had all the numbers you wanted, but I can't imagine this is the first we're hearing of his laziness or being nonchalant about the game. I know 'Zona was in a position where their Oline was terrible as well as being invested in Fitzy/Floyd and Palmer, but I just don't like the selection of a guard in the top half of the draft.

He certainly had all the numbers you wanted, but I can't imagine this is the first we're hearing of his laziness or being nonchalant about the game. I know 'Zona was in a position where their Oline was terrible as well as being invested in Fitzy/Floyd and Palmer, but I just don't like the selection of a guard in the top half of the draft.

The knocks on Cooper were that he was probably better suited for zone-blocking and he needed some work in pass protection. I don't recall ever hearing about attitude issues.

I like how you left off, "1 of whom was benched several times throughout the season."

If I left that out, then I also left out the part about how that motivated him to eventually earn defensive player of the month honors by the end of his rookie season - despite having shown up late to camp and the fact that there is a steep learning curve for rookie CBs. 

Pathetic.

The knocks on Cooper were that he was probably better suited for zone-blocking and he needed some work in pass protection. I don't recall ever hearing about attitude issues.

Me either, I'm just surprised it's the first we're hearing it.  I understand guys getting a big contract and then mailing it in, but usually there's at least one article or blurb mentioning it prior to the draft.  I don't recall anything with Cooper, which is what threw me.

Kinda like taking a safety in round 1.

The defending super-bowl champs selected Earl Thomas with the 14th overall pick.  Four safeties went in the first round this past year and another one in the top of the second.  In a passing league where CBs are being hamstrung, safeties are becoming a premium position. 

Archived