Does anyone think Izdik has purposely set up Rex to fail

deucebag

That will accelerate as it becomes more and more obvious he is a one read player. He will be baited very easily as the season goes on.He loo

He looked promising the first game and a half where he was going through his progressions and looking off defenders.  I guess it was all LIES!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you mean change QBs - I find it hard to believe he is that hancuffed, but I'm talking about game planning - run the ball 40+ times a game with an ocassional high percentage pass if he's that inept. Play a conservative offensive game and win the field position battle.Teams have won SBs with average QBs.

Not in a long time.

He looked promising the first game and a half where he was going through his progressions and looking off defenders.  I guess it was all LIES!!!

And i guess tannenhill suddenly got better this weekend. I wonder what common thread we can find in geno's first game and tannenhill's game this week. Let me think about it and get back to you.

Rex was failing just fine before Idzik got here.

Rex's best job was done with Mangini's guys. The minute Rex started influencing the make-up of this roster, it was all down hill.

That is how it works by the way, the GM doesn't make the picks in a vacuum. So, the people that have spent the last several years forging the argument that Rex picked a guy or Mike T picked him, and now Idzik, are ridiculous. The coach makes the grocery list, the GM tries to find the produce with the least bruises and the best chances of not spoiling.

I want to have hot sex with your face.

I assume you mean change QBs - I find it hard to believe he is that hancuffed, but I'm talking about game planning - run the ball 40+ times a game with an ocassional high percentage pass if he's that inept. Play a conservative offensive game and win the field position battle.Teams have won SBs with average QBs.

Find an average qb for the nyj and we will talk

As I said in another thread, to anyone who dislikes Idzik but insisted that Rex be retained at all costs, you only have yourselves to blame for Idzik being here; the only reason we have Idzik instead of a better GM is because he was the only one willing to take the job if it meant being saddled with Rex.

Tom Gamble was Woody & the search firm's first choice, but he opted for being the Eagles VP of player personnel over being saddled with Rex.

Dave Caldwell chose the Jaguars GM job over being saddled with Rex.

Tom Telesco declined to even interview after finding out that keeping Rex would be a requirement.

So you have a problem with Idzik as GM? That's fine, he hasn't done anything to inspire confidence. But just remember that Rex is the reason we don't have someone better.

Idzick kept Rex, so I dont think he's purposefully setting him up to fail.  I just dont think he has a clue how to build a Football team.  And why should he? When and where did he gain this knowledge or experience?  He's a nobody that Woody hired a staffing firm to find. 

This is where we disagree.   I think Big John knows exactly how to build a football team he is just incapable of doing it.   Build through the draft?   sure, great plan.  Only problem is when you have 19 picks (10 in rds 1-4) you need to come up with more than 3 or 4 starters.  

Don't overpay FA's?   great plan, but you better have a backup plan when Davis re-signs with Ind.    

Idzik pushed all in with Geno which is really odd considering the OL isn't that great and the WR's are marginal at best.    

This is a totally different team with Davis/Revis at CB and Jordan Matthews at WR.   I have no idea what Idzik was doing this offseason but it was an unmitigated disaster that hopefully costs him his job. 

And i guess tannenhill suddenly got better this weekend. I wonder what common thread we can find in geno's first game and tannenhill's game this week. Let me think about it and get back to you.

I'm not saying it wasn't a one week wonder.  But being that it was the first game of the season you have to think hey maybe this guy finally gets it.  But now I think hey it was the freakin Raiders.

Based on the product on the field, Rex has systematically ruined every position group except the defensive line.

It has been nothing but steady decline, and no matter which QBs, GMs or others we throw at the problem, the decline continues.

Rex is better in front of a microphone than he is on the sideline.

Bevell will bring scoring points to the Jets offense in a scoring NFL. I have a feeling discipline as well.

Most people couldn't name who the DC is for the Seahawks.

This is where we disagree.   I think Big John knows exactly how to build a football team he is just incapable of doing it.   Build through the draft?   sure, great plan.  Only problem is when you have 19 picks (10 in rds 1-4) you need to come up with more than 3 or 4 starters.  

Don't overpay FA's?   great plan, but you better have a backup plan when Davis re-signs with Ind.    

Idzik pushed all in with Geno which is really odd considering the OL isn't that great and the WR's are marginal at best.    

This is a totally different team with Davis/Revis at CB and Jordan Matthews at WR.   I have no idea what Idzik was doing this offseason but it was an unmitigated disaster that hopefully costs him his job. 

He got more than 3-4 starters out of his first draft alone. The onus that this year's draft needed to produce a bundle of starters in their rookie years, that don't struggle like rookies (which is implied by your unmitigated disaster comment) is insane.

Doesnt know how or cant execute on how...whats the difference?  He sucks. 

Based on the product on the field, Rex has systematically ruined every position group except the defensive line.

It has been nothing but steady decline, and no matter which QBs, GMs or others we throw at the problem, the decline continues.

Rex is better in front of a microphone than he is on the sideline.

Nonsense.. Rex is not responsible for the state of CB or WR.. the running game is fine, why, cause we have talent!

Rex was failing just fine before Idzik got here.

Rex's best job was done with Mangini's guys. The minute Rex started influencing the make-up of this roster, it was all down hill.

That is how it works by the way, the GM doesn't make the picks in a vacuum. So, the people that have spent the last several years forging the argument that Rex picked a guy or Mike T picked him, and now Idzik, are ridiculous. The coach makes the grocery list, the GM tries to find the produce with the least bruises and the best chances of not spoiling.

I remember Mangini guys who used to be scrubs and used to make every QB into Joe Montana. Do you remember, NO? The Jets used to be ranked like mid 20 in defense with .angini'guys. Yes, he turned those same player into #1 defense and took his team to two conf tittle game with a QB that threw 12 TD and 20 INT. Sadly your hatred cannot allowed you to see.

Just looked...Mangini drated 20 players, missed on over a dozen to include the biggest bust in team history in Gholston. But due to revisionist history, it's Mangini's brilliant drafting that we miss the most.

Manginis drafting looks brilliant in context with the drafts before and after him during Bradways tenure.

This year the blame has to go to Idzik. Plenty of cap room to field a competitive team at all positions and yet our defensive backfield is a huge problem. 12 draft picks and maybe 2 of them will actually make an impact this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manginis drafting looks brilliant in context with the drafts before and after him during Bradways tenure.

Just because others may have been worse than his does not mean  his were any good either.  We're just taking the opportunity now to do the whole "sky is falling" on one draft class that has played 20 games, and another that has played four.  The whole "wait three years" has become "wait three seconds".

Man, people will really contort themselves to not blame Rex. How many people have been blamed throughout Rex's tenure for the failings of his team...geez

These are the Rex "dead-enders" - they'd rather go 0-16 in perpetuity with Rex at the helm, than win with anyone else. They love his cult of personality, his "I won't kiss Belichick's rings" speeches, and the supposed 'mystique' of his defensive schemes. They're a minority of the fanbase, but an extraordinarily vocal one.

And not a single one has addressed the gigantic elephant in the room - that the only reason we have the GM they despise so much, instead of a more credible and qualified candidate, is because nobody else would take the job if it meant taking on Rex.

If the season continues to go downhill from here, and Geno can't turn it around, I'd be in favor of a complete clean sweep to start from scratch with a new GM who hires his own head coach. I'm not impressed with Idzik's team building "skills" to this point. I don't believe in the fairy tale that he's going to magically put together a team by spending money and everything once he thinks he has a QB in place, either. He did do a great job cleaning up a bad cap situation, though, and the next GM should be grateful. 

Woody won't do it, though. They'll continue with this jagged keep the GM, change the coach/keep the coach, change the GM thing that they've been doing pretty much since he bought the team. 

These are the Rex "dead-enders" - they'd rather go 0-16 in perpetuity with Rex at the helm, than win with anyone else. They love his cult of personality, his "I won't kiss Belichick's rings" speeches, and the supposed 'mystique' of his defensive schemes. They're a minority of the fanbase, but an extraordinarily vocal one.

And not a single one has addressed the gigantic elephant in the room - that the only reason we have the GM they despise so much, instead of a more credible and qualified candidate, is because nobody else would take the job if it meant taking on Rex.

If only we could have gotten Caldwell...  he's done wonders for the Jags.

If the season continues to go downhill from here, and Geno can't turn it around, I'd be in favor of a complete clean sweep to start from scratch with a new GM who hires his own head coach. I'm not impressed with Idzik's team building "skills" to this point. I don't believe in the fairy tale that he's going to magically put together a team by spending money and everything once he thinks he has a QB in place, either. He did do a great job cleaning up a bad cap situation, though, and the next GM should be grateful. 

Woody won't do it, though. They'll continue with this jagged keep the GM, change the coach/keep the coach, change the GM thing that they've been doing pretty much since he bought the team. 

may come to that but before pulling the pin on the grenade, it might make sense to see what vick has left in the tank. just a humble suggestion.

If only we could have gotten Caldwell...  he's done wonders for the Jags.

Caldwell was our 3rd choice - after Gamble laughed at the idea of keeping Rex and left the room, and Telesco declined to even interview after learning of the requirement to keep Rex (and I'm not even counting DeCosta since he turned down every team that approached him).

And frankly, Bortles looks pretty damn good to my eyes, and it was by no means a lock that he was going to go that high. I don't think Caldwell's been nearly as bad as Idzik.

Caldwell was our 3rd choice - after Gamble laughed at the idea of keeping Rex and left the room, and Telesco declined to even interview after learning of the requirement to keep Rex (and I'm not even counting DeCosta since he turned down every team that approached him).

And frankly, Bortles looks pretty damn good to my eyes, and it was by no means a lock that he was going to go that high. I don't think Caldwell's been nearly as bad as Idzik.

Caldwell rebuilt that whole offense in one draft, now they just need reps. Evaluate them in a couple years. Bortles, Marquise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns... all have flashed a little. 

The key to a "3 year plan" is actually getting players.

This is my concern too. We fire Mangini but keep Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer and Sutton. We fire Tannenbaum but keep Rex and Bradway and Bauer. We fire Idzik and Rex and...?

Caldwell rebuilt that whole offense in one draft, now they just need reps. Evaluate them in a couple years. Bortles, Marquise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns... all have flashed a little. 

The key to a "3 year plan" is actually getting players.

He also hired a Defensive Guru from the Seahawks in Gus Bradley who is currently fielding a historically bad defense. 

Besides, Caldwell was never coming to NY.  He spent New Year's with Shad Khan and his family.  He was a Jag unofficially as of Jan 1st. 

This is my concern too. We fire Mangini but keep Tannenbaum and Schottenheimer and Sutton. We fire Tannenbaum but keep Rex and Bradway and Bauer. We fire Idzik and Rex and...?

We've never cleaned house, as far as I can remember. It is always half-ass. 

Fire like a Jet.

Shocked watching Rex's press conference today on Jets open mic on SNY.

Wow, this dude is defeated. Never thought I'd see this. Thought he'd go out fighting. He has given up.

Sad

he's like that after every loss it's part of his " man of the people " " guy you want to have a beer with" so lets not bash him scam...don't fall for it

I haven't seen any press conferences this year. I think Rex wanted Revis and to keep Cro, and he has just given up because he can't run his system with these CB's.

A champion/ defensive guru would be trying to find a way to make it work.

I don't think there is any doubt he wanted Revis back. That to me was a Woody call.

The whole CB thing was just bizzare. They let Cro go, pass on Revis, bring in DRC but he decides to go to the Giants they draft Pryor instead of Dennard who ends up with Bengals.

Somebody screwed up bigtime The Jets can tell me otherwise but if they want me to think that Millner and McDougle were going to be our starting CB's then they really are nuts.

Archived