The next Jets head coach - do you like him or hate him (or her) ?

Maxman

So many people like to be early with the predictions, so the timing seems about right. Sure we have no idea if the Jets next head coaching change will take place in 2015 or in 2025. But let's not let that stop us.

Do you like the Jets next head coach? Is he (or she) a good leader?

Chime in. We want to hear your thoughts.

This is why Jet fans are hateable. We are 1-4 and haven't played a divisional game yet. So much football left and half the fan base is out the door.

It doesn't matter if we have a new head coach. It doesn't matter if we have a new starting qb. Honestly if both things happen next year and we start 1-4 everyone will act like they are nastradomus and say the jets need another coach and qb.

This is why Jet fans are hateable. We are 1-4 and haven't played a divisional game yet. So much football left and half the fan base is out the door.

It doesn't matter if we have a new head coach. It doesn't matter if we have a new starting qb. Honestly if both things happen next year and we start 1-4 everyone will act like they are nastradomus and say the jets need another coach and qb.

Yeah, the thread starter is a troll Dom27/JiF/Klecko/slats

As much as this horrifies me, I am not convinced Rex is gone at the end of this year. I still think they are going to be in save Rex's job mode at the end of the year, and I can see them ripping off a bunch of meaningless wins to worsen our draft pick and save his job again. I think Woody genuinely loves Rex, and if given any chance at all, will keep the moron again.

And if we were optimistic about the season, we'd be hateable idiots. So there is a very fine line we have to walk, maybe one exact reaction to being 1-4 going on 1-5 and probably 1-6 in another five days a week after getting shut out putting up 32 yards of offense. Can you please tell me what this exact reaction is so people can like me? Is there another fan base in a similar situation that has a website with the answer?

Preach brother! Future Superbowl champs

I don't think this is about us being 1-4 necessarily. I think its more about the realization that Rex is never going to be a true HC. Yeah, he is a likeable guy, and a good defensive mind, and he led us to some of our best moments in our history (as sad as that is), but 6 years in and complete regression at every level, pretty much everyone else he started with is gone at this point, and even most of the most ardent Rex lovers are running out of excuses.

For the record, I don't think this is going to be a 3-13 season. I think we are going to win 6-8 games this year, probably 7-9 and there is a very good chance Rex will be back if that happens. The Rex apologists will be screaming about how amazing it is that he finished with 7 wins with the worst roster in the history of worst rosters, and how they never quit on him, and he will be back again.

The fun thing is we will get to do this all over again, for the next few years.

And if we were optimistic about the season, we'd be hateable idiots. So there is a very fine line we have to walk, maybe one exact reaction to being 1-4 going on 1-5 and probably 1-6 in another five days a week after getting shut out putting up 32 yards of offense. Can you please tell me what this exact reaction is so people can like me? Is there another fan base in a similar situation that has a website with the answer?

Angelo. I like you a great deal.

I don't think this is about us being 1-4 necessarily. I think its more about the realization that Rex is never going to be a true HC. Yeah, he is a likeable guy, and a good defensive mind, and he led us to some of our best moments in our history (as sad as that is), but 6 years in and complete regression at every level, pretty much everyone else he started with is gone at this point, and even most of the most ardent Rex lovers are running out of excuses.

For the record, I don't think this is going to be a 3-13 season. I think we are going to win 6-8 games this year, probably 7-9 and there is a very good chance Rex will be back if that happens. The Rex apologists will be screaming about how amazing it is that he finished with 7 wins with the worst roster in the history of worst rosters, and how they never quit on him, and he will be back again.

The fun thing is we will get to do this all over again, for the next few years.

Don't  see how anyone can sell Ryan to the Jets or anyone else. The rules beg you to pass. Ryan is either by design not involved with the offense or failing to do anything about the awfulness of the passing attack.  We will  still occasionally see the Seattle comparison here, but it's not valid at all. They do in fact have  QB and pass effectively. 

And Idizk deserves a serious ration of flaming nuclear dog poop on his porch. Geno Smith showed NOTHING last year. NOTHING. To pass on either Manziel or Garapolo is malfeasance. This franchise spare the brief Testaverde run, Pennington pre-injury and 11 games of Favre pretends under Woody Johnson that QB is no big deal. Enjoy your empty ugly ass stadium and choke on the PSL money, Mr. Johnson.

Jet fans have a bad rep, but this is not because of this.

The Jets are 1-4 and their only victory is a close game against the awful Raiders at home. They haven't played well on other side of the ball except for the first 30 minutes of the Packers game.

Going into the season there were questions about the QB, receiving corps and secondary. Its not as if any of these have underperformed. Rather, they have performed to their possible expectations.

Plus, there is the issue of the bad draft, GM and HC.

Any fanbase in the country would be pessimistic under these circumstances

I am trying to figure out your point. When you have been as dry with rings as the Jets have....The paying fans have the right to demand more...We earned it all the years we sat in the cold just to watch a bad circus act happen on the field. There are no guarantees in life, but when they place a team which simply is unable and "unprepared" we rightfully lash out. 

Don't  see how anyone can sell Ryan to the Jets or anyone else. The rules beg you to pass. Ryan is either by design not involved with the offense or failing to do anything about the awfulness of the passing attack.  We will  still occasionally see the Seattle comparison here, but it's not valid at all. They do in fact have  QB and pass effectively. 

And Idizk deserves a serious ration of flaming nuclear dog poop on his porch. Geno Smith showed NOTHING last year. NOTHING. To pass on either Manziel or Garapolo is malfeasance. This franchise spare the brief Testaverde run, Pennington pre-injury and 11 games of Favre pretends under Woody Johnson that QB is no big deal. Enjoy your empty ugly ass stadium and choke on the PSL money, Mr. Johnson.

While I don't disagree with you, and I want nothing more to move on past the Ryan era, and now the Idzik era too, I think Woody loves him, and I still think if he gave them anything at all to hang their hat on, much of the fan base still loves Rex and would give him another pass. I hope I am wrong.

So many people like to be early with the predictions, so the timing seems about right. Sure we have no idea if the Jets next head coaching change will take place in 2015 or in 2025. But let's not let that stop us.

Do you like the Jets next head coach? Is he (or she) a good leader?

Chime in. We want to hear your thoughts.

I'm going to love him till I hate him. But either way he is going to suck.

As much as this horrifies me, I am not convinced Rex is gone at the end of this year. I still think they are going to be in save Rex's job mode at the end of the year, and I can see them ripping off a bunch of meaningless wins to worsen our draft pick and save his job again. I think Woody genuinely loves Rex, and if given any chance at all, will keep the moron again.

I think you make a very valid point. Woody is a media whore, always has been, always will be. He follows the George Steinbrenner theory that no publicity is bad publicity. With the Giants seemingly having righted the ship, the only way for the Jets to be relevant in this town is for the nonsense to continue.And the best way to make sure that happens is to keep the biggest buffoon possible around, and that means Rex. He makes Woody millions, so in our owners eyes, He's doing a great job. That's the problem.  

I think you make a very valid point. Woody is a media whore, always has been, always will be. He follows the George Steinbrenner theory that no publicity is bad publicity. With the Giants seemingly having righted the ship, the only way for the Jets to be relevant in this town is for the nonsense to continue.And the best way to make sure that happens is to keep the biggest buffoon possible around, and that means Rex. He makes Woody millions, so in our owners eyes, He's doing a great job. That's the problem.  

The major, major difference between Woody and Steinbrenner is that Steinbrenner would not tolerate losing, under any circumstance. Woody is OK with losing, as long as he can have some input, feel like he is buddies with the HC and GM, and get the attention he craves. Winning is not the top priority for Woody, where George it was.

The Rex die hards are going to hate the next coach, and give him no slack whatsoever. It is going to be very hard to be the HC who follows Rex. Rex is by far the most loved HC of the Jets I have seen MAYBE outside of Parcells.

It is always much easier to follow a Mangini or a Herm, who most of the fan base hated, as opposed to Rex who most of the fan base loved at some point.

This is why I think it is imperative for Woody to go out and get a proven guy, like a Harbaugh. You bring in a guy like Bevell, the fans are going to destroy him unless he has instant success. Every loss will be, Rex never would have lost that game.....

I think the question you should be asking yourself when thinking about this scenario of Rex being fired or not is, what has Rex done to merit his existence next year, and what are the traits you'd like in a head coach?

I just hate the fact that an incompetent clown like John Idzik will still be in charge of putting together the roster. Piece of crap has whiffed on just about every draft pick last 2 years except for Richardson who was obviously a Rex pick. Nevermind the negligence in free agency.

I just hate the fact that an incompetent clown like John Idzik will still be in charge of putting together the roster. Piece of crap has whiffed on just about every draft pick last 2 years except for Richardson who was obviously a Rex pick. Nevermind the negligence in free agency.

Again, the Rex dead-ender attributes any and all success to Rex. You were a joke of a poster on JI as well.

And Idizk deserves a serious ration of flaming nuclear dog poop on his porch. Geno Smith showed NOTHING last year. NOTHING. To pass on either Manziel or Garapolo is malfeasance.  

agreed. it's one thing to gamble on Geno Smith, at 39 overall prices it's not a bad gamble.

But the Jets purposely avoid competition, protect him like he's some sort of valuable investment.  Idzik legitimately believes in Geno Smith. 

Idzik legitimately believes in Geno Smith.

I think I would have sat with Geno for 20 minutes and said, "eh....lets draft Ogletree."

What did Geno say or do In Interviews or film that impressed the team enough to say lets take him at 39?

A sh*t-show. Everybody. If I bought the team I'd fire the whole building right down to the landscapers.

Archived