Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

Revis played like sh*t in both games. Most blatant in Steeler game when he dropped an interception which wouldve changed the complexity of the game.

Ultimately, it doesnt matter because the narrative is still being written about Sanchez. If he plays well this postseason, no one will believe your take on the AFCCGs.

People who don't grade him on a curve will accept reality. You'll do whatever you want.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if the D "no shows" a half, all players are eliminated. But when the QB no shows a half, it's all good?

The easy answer to your question is Revis. If I need to do more, I'll have to go back and look at the games.

i hate to jump into this fray , but with all due respect if the argument is that a first ballot hall of famer was the only jet better than Sanchez in those games then it still bodes pretty well for Mark.

Revis played fine in both title games...but with how the Pats are using him now...we would have been better served giving safety help on Wayne/Wallace and matching Revis up on Collie and Brown. More notably Collie...we had that Colts game if it weren't for that terrible drive to end the half. All she wrote after that.

They weren't ready to play during the first half of the Steeler game, most notably the front 7. A ten minute drive to start a title game resulting in a TD, that's tough to come back from.

i hate to jump into this fray , but with all due respect if the argument is that a first ballot hall of famer was the only jet better than Sanchez in those games then it still bodes pretty well for Mark.

Without looking at stats or anything of that nature.

The overarching point... Sanchez showed up for two halves in 2 games. That is not good.

Revis played fine in both title games...but with how the Pats are using him now...we would have been better served giving safety help on Wayne/Wallace and matching Revis up on Collie and Brown. More notably Collie...we had that Colts game if it weren't for that terrible drive to end the half. All she wrote after that.

They weren't ready to play during the first half of the Steeler game, most notably the front 7. A ten minute drive to start a title game resulting in a TD, that's tough to come back from.

Especially when you punt followed by 3 consecutive 3 and outs.

10 minute drive to start a game of that magnitude indicates they weren't ready to play....we were getting blown off the ball and weren't tackling.

hood_zpsbfe99a94.jpg

tshirt_zpsf8cc3a80.jpg

jetschamp_zpsd38cce81.jpg

Not to mention we beat them on the same field a few weeks earlier.

Bart Scott and the "CAN'T WAIT!" defense were too full of themselves after the New England win and forgot to show up. And after the year before you'd think they'd be hungry as hell. But no. Just like Rex after a bye week, we blow the best shot we've had to go to the Super Bowl since 1969.

I have the Hoodie and the T-Shirt from that game, took me forever but finally found the Hat. I deserve it. Rex Ryan stole it from me.

SAR I

So, not possible that that drive happened because Pitt was just better?

I believe the Jets had the best rush defense in the NFL that season. Rashard Mendenhall was a JAG and their best offensive lineman(Pouncey) got hurt on the Steelers first posession. Not wrapping up is a pretty solid indicator they weren't mentally into it. Revis even said they weren't ready to play.

hood_zpsbfe99a94.jpg

tshirt_zpsf8cc3a80.jpg

Bart Scott and the "CAN'T WAIT!" defense were too full of themselves after the New England win and forgot to show up. And after the year before you'd think they'd be hungry as hell. But no. Just like Rex after a bye week, we blow the best shot we've had to go to the Super Bowl since 1969.

I have the Hoodie and the T-Shirt from that game, took me forever but finally found the Hat. I deserve it. Rex Ryan stole it from me.

SAR I

Scott was a good Jet...but on that first drive Mendenhall just worked him for the Steelers first TD. Something we hadn't seen all season. Heath Miller was destroying Bryan Thomas off the ball. It was bizarre how badly our dline was getting manhandled after the season they had.

I believe the Jets had the best rush defense in the NFL that season. Rashard Mendenhall was a JAG and their best offensive lineman(Pouncey) got hurt on the Steelers first posession. Not wrapping up is a pretty solid indicator they weren't mentally into it. Revis even said they weren't ready to play.

Agree.... clowns trying to blame that loss on your 2nd year QB is nonsense.  He was the Jets offense in the 2nd half.

Agree.... clowns trying to blame that loss on your 2nd year QB is nonsense.  He was the Jets offense in the 2nd half.

That game just seemed dead from the get-go. Schotty also called a terrible game...Greene was running hard and not getting the ball enough. The turnover on downs at the GL was a CF. But everything went out of wack when you surrender a 10 minute TD drive to start a friggin title game lol. We had a roughing the punter in the second half if memory serves, two dropped INT's. 

The comeback was nice...but even then we took wayyy to much time off the clock in the process. We gave the ball back to the Steelers with 3 minutes left and couldn't get it back. Heath Miller killed us.

I see a lot of fear in this thread.

I see a lot of grown men wasting a lot of personal time. It's ******* Mark Sanchez. Is this really what you'd like to be on your death bed being thankful that you dedicated this much time towards? There are more important things in life. Like Star Wars and The Avengers. And the new Ghostface album. And those Goose Island Bourbon County Beers from Black Friday which are beyond delicious.

I can't remember the last time I was indifferent about a Jets' loss prior to thanksgiving, but I refuse to watch another season with Vick, Geno or some other washed-up, no-future veteran as our QB.

LOL that's who I thought you were talking about until I saw "part deux" part. Sad thing is we probably should've turned in the card for this Geno Smith at least he's a CB. better him than the guys Idzick scouted at his local Stop N Shop.

LOL that's who I thought you were talking about until I saw "part deux" part. Sad thing is we probably should've turned in the card for this Geno Smith at least he's a CB. better him than the guys Idzick scouted at his local Stop N Shop.

It was jarring to hear Brent Musburger say "Gino Smith" over and over tonight as the Bama defense got torched for 44 points in a win. 

T/F: Chip Kelly has taken two extremely limited QBs and has gotten them to play well, whereas Rex has taken three limited QBs and made them worse.

wasn't one of those QB's the same guy ?

Yes

so he was extremely limited for chip, but just the regular old fashioned limited for rex ?

After four years of Schottenheimer and Sparano, Sanchez was more limited going to Philadelphia then he was coming out of college.

hood_zpsbfe99a94.jpg

tshirt_zpsf8cc3a80.jpg

SAR I

Marshalls? Peasants and those on Government Aid shop there and you really expect us to take your rich folk persona seriously? Hey I'm having a yard sale next week I got some used Jets boxers for sale want to buy them and suck the farts out of them. 

Marshalls? Peasants and those on Government Aid shop there and you really expect us to take your rich folk persona seriously? Hey I'm having a yard sale next week I got some used Jets boxers for sale want to buy them and suck the farts out of them.

Besides impoverished third-world countries, where exactly do you think the NFL licensees send their misprinted merchandise, Nordstrom's?

Bought the stuff off eBay, Marhalls tags are ironic, I'm sorry you don't have any money and are looking for a rich guy to blame, go to Marshalls, buy a mirror.

SAR I

Besides impoverished third-world countries, where exactly do you think the NFL licensees send their misprinted merchandise, Nordstrom's?

Bought the stuff off eBay, Marhalls tags are ironic, I'm sorry you don't have any money and are looking for a rich guy to blame, go to Marshalls, buy a mirror.

SAR I

SAR:

You should have removed the evidence...

You don't need any of this proletariat bullish*t to ruin your day.

Especially after all the aggravation the Jets have caused this season.

Relax and enjoy the steak and eggs this morning.

I'm still try to figure out what exactly about this performance should have even slightly changed anyone's previous opinions in either direction.

What did this tell us?  Mark Sanchez appears to be an inconsistent performer who has some very good games, and other very bad games... welcome to 2009 everyone.

On a side note, it's kind of amusing to see how much this thread is a near carbon copy of the Pennington/Dolphins debate circa 2008.

It's actually even a fairly a pretty similar layout of who falls on each side as well, outside of just a few folks who have essentially switched sides and are now ultimately relying on the same arguments they trashed in those days.

you just can't help yourself can you.

Pennington was a damn good QB left to rot while year after year the Jets made piss poor trades to support him and never gave him the big target he needed to succeed. Then He goes to the Phins performs well but really only has 2 RB's and no one else who could really catch the football but leads his team to the playoffs and gets beat by one of the best defenses in history that totally manhandled that entire offense yet it was Penningtons fault/ Do me a favor and stop making stupid posts and dragging Pennington into every freaking QB argument you can its really getting old.

This year in the NFL is proving that if you get a QB talent to work with they can perform and if you take it away they struggle . Sure some QB's just plain suck but you can turn a good QB great and a decent QB good just by upping the talent level around him.    Just looke at Drew Brees they took all his pass receiving backs Like Sproles and let them go then Pierre Thomas got hurt and Drew is nothing compared to what he was when he had 150- 190 completions to his backs on a yearly basis. He's clearly not the same guy No 5 k this year or 40 TD's

You can make the same argument for Cam Newton who is a decent to Good QB that has the potential to be great but They took his favorite target and let him go. Would have been nice to see smith and Benjamin  and Im sure Cam would not have complained. Joe Flacco is another guy who is up and down with the talent around him this year he gets Smith and his numbers go back to being very good. You know the same Joe Flacco whom jets fans say sucks as if jets fans should even be in QB discussions about any QB.

This up coming week Sanchez plays the Seahawks you know its going to be tough I mean we all saw what they did to Manning and just about every other QB they play but You will be all over it if Sanchez faulters.

This is a team game ..... Teams win SB's not QB's ....If it were all about QB's Manning and Brady would Win the SB every year but they don't and they haven't for quite some time. Defense and ball control wins SB's ..... QB's win regular season games

I know the Ilk Agenda Squad is rushing to the front of the line to announce that it's all about coaching, and Rex is just as awful as they had said in every thread ever on JN, but frankly, Sanchez is very much the same QB he was with the Jets. His career interception rate is 3.7%, and he's throwing them at the rate of 3.4% with the Eagles. He's fumbled the ball 6 times in 5 games over there (while Foles had fumbled 4 times in 8 games). He's the same turnover prone guy that he always was. 

The real difference probably supports the It's Da Wepinz crowd even better. Sanchez is still throwing it to the other team at the same rate, still dropping it on the ground just as often, but when he's throwing it to his teammates, he's throwing it to much better players than he ever has before. He's throwing to guys who not only can catch, and they can do something with it after the catch. He's not only enjoying his highest completion percentage this year, but he's also enjoying his highest yards per completion. At the 12 game mark, he already has a 1000 yard rusher and a 1000 yard receiver at his disposal. Maclin, Mathews, Cooper, Ertz, McCoy, and Sproles. He never had anything like that here, and it's no surprise that having that kind of talent has elevated his play.

Sanchez supporters here used to point to Eli Manning as a potential ceiling for the guy. Maybe that's turning out to be true. He's productive with talent around him, but he's still turning it over way too much. Are the Eagles good enough to overcome those turnovers and win a Super Bowl with Mark Sanchez? That sounds like crazy talk when I type it here, lol, but I guess we'll see.

Big test next week. The offensive genius coaching staff has extra time to prepare for that Seattle defense that looks to've found it's footing the last couple weeks. I hope it's a national game. 

I see a lot of grown men wasting a lot of personal time. It's ******* Mark Sanchez. Is this really what you'd like to be on your death bed being thankful that you dedicated this much time towards? There are more important things in life. Like Star Wars and The Avengers. And the new Ghostface album. And those Goose Island Bourbon County Beers from Black Friday which are beyond delicious.

But doesn't that apply to every thread?

Also, add Alien Isolation to your list. Sick experience playing.

After four years of Schottenheimer and Sparano, Sanchez was more limited going to Philadelphia then he was coming out of college.

cute idea but no.  it's just tom's clear bias showing.  I don't know why he thinks he still has to make the point rex sucks tho.  not sure there are any holdouts left on that wagon

you just can't help yourself can you.

Pennington was a damn good QB left to rot while year after year the Jets made piss poor trades to support him and never gave him the big target he needed to succeed. Then He goes to the Phins performs well but really only has 2 RB's and no one else who could really catch the football but leads his team to the playoffs and gets beat by one of the best defenses in history that totally manhandled that entire offense yet it was Penningtons fault/ Do me a favor and stop making stupid posts and dragging Pennington into every freaking QB argument you can its really getting old.

This year in the NFL is proving that if you get a QB talent to work with they can perform and if you take it away they struggle . Sure some QB's just plain suck but you can turn a good QB great and a decent QB good just by upping the talent level around him.    Just looke at Drew Brees they took all his pass receiving backs Like Sproles and let them go then Pierre Thomas got hurt and Drew is nothing compared to what he was when he had 150- 190 completions to his backs on a yearly basis. He's clearly not the same guy No 5 k this year or 40 TD's

You can make the same argument for Cam Newton who is a decent to Good QB that has the potential to be great but They took his favorite target and let him go. Would have been nice to see smith and Benjamin  and Im sure Cam would not have complained. Joe Flacco is another guy who is up and down with the talent around him this year he gets Smith and his numbers go back to being very good. You know the same Joe Flacco whom jets fans say sucks as if jets fans should even be in QB discussions about any QB.

This up coming week Sanchez plays the Seahawks you know its going to be tough I mean we all saw what they did to Manning and just about every other QB they play but You will be all over it if Sanchez faulters.

This is a team game ..... Teams win SB's not QB's ....If it were all about QB's Manning and Brady would Win the SB every year but they don't and they haven't for quite some time. Defense and ball control wins SB's ..... QB's win regular season games

The funny thing about this is, despite referencing him in those posts, I didn't actually even criticize the love of your life.  The truth is the circumstances are quite similar, regardless of which side you fall on with either of these particular players.  Even most individual fans' opinions seem to fall on the same side of each argument, including both you and me, with the exception of a few folks (most notably SMC and his perplexing 180 on the responsibilities of QB's).  Sorry if you find that to be such an unreasonable statement, but it's still kind of true.  Although just to clarity one item, it's those who are touting the rebirth of Sanchez who have been reliant on using single games as examples.  Regardless of anyone's opinion on Sanchez's Jets' career, the bottom line is that there's still 5 years worth of data which suggests that's the player that he is, as good or bad as you may feel that is.

The individual details I'm not going to sit here and argue with you on, because we're both well aware of our respective thoughts on QBs, and your excuses won't come close to changing my mind, just as I know nothing I say will change yours.  As I said earlier, I at least respect that you're consistent in your opinions on these guys, as misguided as I feel they may be, and not some contradictory troll/homer like some others in this thread.

While I knew it was coming the second we got into the Jets/Pitt game debate, it's still always worth a chuckle to see people go from arguing about too small of a sample size to then basing their entire evaluation of a game on one drive.  The funny thing is that, while both sides of the ball absolutely struggled out of the gate, the defense actually got it together earlier in the game than the offense did, which is supported by the fact that when the defense was done allowing points to be scored, the offense was still turning the ball over and failing to score.

In the end, the offense scored 17 points and gave 7 to the Steelers, the defense allowed 17 points and scored 2 of their own.  That means the defense asked the offense to score 15 more points for the Jets than they did for the Steelers, while the offense asked the defense to allow the Steelers to only score 10 more points than the Jets' D themselves scored.  That anyone can look at these facts and somehow come away with the conclusion that the O in any way held up their end of the bargain in that game is really quite amazing, regardless of how you may feel about the D's performance.

Archived