What is best to do, win out or lose out

kuma

Well lets see

1- If the Jets win out they get a draft pick between 15-18 spot and don't make the playoffs and still get a new HC

2- If they lose the rest of the games and go 1-15, maybe the top pick in the draft but no worst then the top 3 pick. They still get a new HC 

Since they are out of the Playoffs now, after going 1-8 I say lose the rest, but that's just me

Lose out please go 1-15 Idzik will thankfully be gone and unfortunately Rex Ryan has to go as well. Bring in Jim Harbaugh and give full control to him and let him chose a general manager to form a competitive roster for his team.

Unfortunately?!?

Wow, I guess there are still elements of the fanbase that don't yet realize that Ryan's an inept buffoon.

Tank. Start playing the backups and guys from the practice squad to see who is worth keeping for next year. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from winning another game. There is, however, a lot to lose by winning just one more because we have a legit shot at the #1 overall pick. The only team who stands to beat us out for it is Oakland, we have everyone else beat on SOS. So cross your fingers and hope they can win 2. This bullsh*t argument of you have to play to win these useless games that won't matter next year is exactly how we got stuck with Vernon Gholston.

Tank. Start playing the backups and guys from the practice squad to see who is worth keeping for next year. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from winning another game. There is, however, a lot to lose by winning just one more because we have a legit shot at the #1 overall pick. The only team who stands to beat us out for it is Oakland, we have everyone else beat on SOS. So cross your fingers and hope they can win 2. This bullsh*t argument of you have to play to win these useless games that won't matter next year is exactly how we got stuck with Vernon Gholston.

Actually, unless I'm mistaken we have Oakland beat on strength of schedule too, so they'd only have to win 1 for us to draft ahead of them, assuming we lose out (the head-to-head win doesn't matter). Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Backups? The Jets are already playing backups.

Lose out, it sucks but it's the best case scenario for us right now.     Although losing out shouldn't be that hard to do at this point since the teams we're slated to face seem to have improved as the year goes on.  Only real even matchup might be the Titans game at this point. 

It's not just the first round, I really want a high pick in the second round because there should be a ton of talent at WR right around there.  It would be ideal for us to go QB/WR in the first two rounds.  

Better to win out.  It means our team has gelled and come together, so we can put it together to make a run next year.

However, I don't see us winning out.  And it is better to lose out than win just one or two.

The question might be out of our hands anyway.  Do we know for a fact that this team is capable of winning another game?

Archived