This Game Plan is Ryan's FU to Idzik (MERGED)

Doggin94it

this was like a 7-year old temper tantrum from Rex but I think it was serious.  

I honestly think Rex wanted to win the game without throwing the ball to prove what a defensive genius he is.  

That's pretty much what I thought it was.

No one makes a change at QB and then forbids the QB to throw. I don't care what nonsense he's shoveling at the podium.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have stopped reading this post after "Yes" because that was a silly enough answer.

Then it got sillier.

I can sympathize with where you're coming from. But this was not a serious gameplan with an eye on winning a game tonight. The game was probably closer than they figured it would be.

I'm frustrated man. We are out the playoffs and all but I love this team and I want to at least hold my head up when I talk about this team tomorrow at work. Draft position I don't care about unless we have an Andrew Luck coming. Let's just win some games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm frustrated man. We are out the playoffs and all but I love this team and I want to at least hold my head up when I talk about this team tomorrow at work. Draft position I don't care about unless we have an Andrew Luck coming. Let's just win some games!

Nothing good comes from winning more games this year. I hate saying it, but it's true.

It also helps the team move on from Ryan, who they like personally, if they see he's willing to risk them sustaining serious injuries so he can stick it to Idzik (and maybe Woody as well).

Which is a bigger problem:

1. That Rex thinks that this was the best gameplan for the team to win, or,

2. That, frighteningly, it actually was the best gameplan for the team to win?

It is not the best gameplan to continue running like that in the 2nd half. There was that 1 decent run and the rest were stuffed at the line all half long (or that's how it seemed). The last person you want to have in must-throw 3rd & long situations is a cold Geno Smith.

I think it was purposeful, which isn't one of the choices you've presented.

Rex looks broken down man. It's crazy how things change. He's a totally different person than when he got here.

The NY Media beat Rex down and Idziot finished him off by not resigning Cro and taking a look at Revis when Revis said he would have come back.  20 Mil in cap space would have brought them both back. QB play woulld still have been terrible,  but Rex would have been able to run the D the way we know he likes to run it.  Man coverage and blitz on every down.  He was able to find 2 AFC championship games with bad QB play and a good running game.

I don't care if it was a piss fit or if it was their idea of a best shot, running the ball like that on 80% of your plays where the whole world knows it's coming, it's an insult to the fans, to the rest of the league, and to sportsmanship.  Shame on the whole damned organization.

You know what ticked me almost as much was having them pull out that fake decibel meter in a half-empty stadium and try and pass it off as 114 dB.  Yeah, sure, all of those empty seats are so acoustically advanced that we are louder than The Who with a half empty stadium.  I am sure it's probably a light meter or a modified Game Boy....

GFY to the whole Jets organization

As much as Geno Smith sucks and we all know that, this loss is on the coaching staff. Horrible game plan. This is an NfL team not a college or high school team. Throw the damn ball! Give Geno a chance to at least try to establish some type of rhythm.

C'mon

Horrible game plan? They ran for 277 yards. All they needed, with the Fish putting 9 men in the box at times to stop the run, which they couldn't, was for Smith to make a play or two. He couldn't

Hell, if you were QB the Jets win by 10

He's just collecting a paycheck at this point. I never thought I'd see Rex as defeated as he is now.

"Defeated?"

LOL he's a spiteful horses ass, he's done nothing but fail for 4 straight years and his failures are what brought Idzik upon the team, it's fans and himself.

Guy has become one of the worst things to ever happen to the Jets.

As much as Geno Smith sucks and we all know that, this loss is on the coaching staff. Horrible game plan. This is an NfL team not a college or high school team. Throw the damn ball! Give Geno a chance to at least try to establish some type of rhythm.

They did. And Geno threw it to the defense to end the game.. again. Geno is terrible. I'd rather watch McElroy drop back and throw for us.

All that matters is that CJ2K got his fair share of carries this game. That's really been killing us. Should have put CJ in before and this 2-10 business wouldn't have happened.

That's just not true. CJ is pretty much done. He had a solid game last night, but remove his long run of 47 and it's a very average night.

Yeah, Rex treated this as a job interview for other teams, and this is the approach he took.

And, to add further insult to Idzik, he called for a punt block and numerous special team penalties.

Honestly, on these special teams, is it necessary for the Jets to block in the back on every single one? WORST special teams unit EVER.

Wrong. Guaranteed Rex will be a DC again. With fair odds I'll bet he'll be a HC

serious question, what HC and or GM in their right mind would bring him in as a DC?…it will be a week before the "leaks' start…like Ape said nobody wants the circus anymore

This game just topped off this miserable season- losing to Miami is bad enough to take- to play like my high school team and run every down- just pathethic we have no decent QB or semblance of a passing game

Archived